Sam Darnold Dazzles In Debut

Domdab99

50 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Me watching Darnold all his career and him being my favorite QB in the draft >>>>> you not.

And it’s not analysis. It’s me writing a fact. And responding.

Sorry to hurt your feelings by writing what’s happened...Mrs Darnold.

Don't get bent out of shape by that expert.  He's still waiting for his boy EJ to shine; just needs a bit more time.  

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I wrote his stats. Which so far, as stats go... pedestrian.

If you’d like an analysis  I can provide it.

Not sure why you’re so hurt by this. Maybe I should tweet it so you can start a thread?

He’s going through progression lightning quick, showing great pocket awareness, poise, spitting out West Coast Offense terminology well, getting in and out of the huddle well,making good decisions.

i’m not worried about stats, i’m looking beyond a casual watcher’s perspective. He showed that he wasn’t lost against starters...playing behind a patch work OL. I’m cool with that for now.

Edited by Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

You didn’t need to respond though? You said my post was “analysis” which is where this all started. I’m quite certain we all understand preseason stats don’t mean anything.

The numbers as they are, HOWEVER, are pedestrian. And it’s all we have at the moment.

Couldn't care less about the numbers. His pocket presence, decision making, footwork, release, etc. are all things that should be under discussion.  

Final thing i’m going to say about the redskins game..

For those saying that Darnold "stunk" - which of his plays were actually bad?

- The INT was definitely a bad play.  I think he just didn't see the underneath guy - which is the kind of mistake that good experienced QBs don't make.  I'd like to see the all-22 to see what his other options were.  But that was probably the worst play he's made in a pre-season game (with the 2nd worst being the near-INT from game 1).

- Early on, that throw-away play - that wasn't a good play, but it was a good decision.  I don't know about you, but I've often found myself screaming at our clueless QBs to throw the ball away (when it's not 3rd or 4th down).  He showed situational awareness, and didn't try to do too much.

- For the "dink and dunk" complaints.  To me, dink and dunk is take a 7 step drop, scan the field, and then check down to your running back because you don'tthink you can throw anyone open. That's what Chaddid.  If instead you take a 3 to 5 step drop, make a quick decision, and gain 5 to 10 yards - well, that's the play design, executed well.  Plus - how was he on 3rd down conversions?  I don't know the stat, but I think it was a very high conversion rate.  The main dink and dunkthing that drives all of us crazy is the 5 yard completion on 3rd and 7.  But did that happen?  The only time I remember *that* happening was the play before theINT, when maybe Anderson ran his curl too short.

Edited by Patriot Killa

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Final thing i’m going to say about the redskins game..

For those saying that Darnold "stunk" - which of his plays were actually bad?

- The INT was definitely a bad play.  I think he just didn't see the underneath guy - which is the kind of mistake that good experienced QBs don't make.  I'd like to see the all-22 to see what his other options were.  But that was probably the worst play he's made in a pre-season game (with the 2nd worst being the near-INT from game 1).

- Early on, that throw-away play - that wasn't a good play, but it was a good decision.  I don't know about you, but I've often found myself screaming at our clueless QBs to throw the ball away (when it's not 3rd or 4th down).  He showed situational awareness, and didn't try to do too much.

- For the "dink and dunk" complaints.  To me, dink and dunk is take a 7 step drop, scan the field, and then check down to your running back because you don'tthink you can throw anyone open. That's what Chaddid.  If instead you take a 3 to 5 step drop, make a quick decision, and gain 5 to 10 yards - well, that's the play design, executed well.  Plus - how was he on 3rd down conversions?  I don't know the stat, but I think it was a very high conversion rate.  The main dink and dunkthing that drives all of us crazy is the 5 yard completion on 3rd and 7.  But did that happen?  The only time I remember *that* happening was the play before theINT, when maybe Anderson ran his curl too short.

He's doing a good job executing what Jeremy Bates is calling for him.  Bottom line. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There was only one child who was acting up goes by a name something like Stammersticks. :)

Didn’t your kindergarten teacher or your momma teach you not to tattle?  

I’m not sure if you’re keeping track of the folks reacting to my posts directed at you, but people are kinda “piling on” with their reactions.  Seems my assessment of you is shared by at least a few posters around here....

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

You either meant to quote 26cornerblitz or we don’t read well. Or of course, humor isn’t your thing.

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Couldn't care less about the numbers. His pocket presence, decision making, footwork, release, etc. are all things that should be under discussion.  

And I did that too.

But your response to my posting of his numbers shows that you do care.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Didn’t your kindergarten teacher or your momma teach you not to tattle?  

I’m not sure if you’re keeping track of the folks reacting to my posts directed at you, but people are kinda “piling on” with their reactions.  Seems my assessment of you is shared by at least a few posters around here....

As if I care about you or other people who share your juvenile feelings. Hasn't afftected be one bit in all of the years I've been on TBD and it won't moving forward no matter how many lighweights like your foolishness.  You have yet to make one meaningful football point in this thread.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

You either meant to quote 26cornerblitz or we don’t read well. Or of course, humor isn’t your thing.

And I did that too.

But your response to my posting of his numbers shows that you do care.

You did that afterward and no I don't care what numbers he puts up in preseason. Nor should anyone else. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As if I care about you or other people who share your juvenile feelings. Hasn't afftected be one bit in all of the years I've been on TBD and it won't moving forward no matter how many lighweights like your foolishness.  You have yet to make one meaningful football point in this thread.

I’m pretty sure that you do care.  Denial and sublimation appear to be your immature coping mechanisms.

Darnold passes the eye test for me.  Runs the offense efficiently, has a good presence about him that is essential for a QB, seems to read the field well, and does a nice job keeping calm and keeping his eyes upfield.  Preseason stats do have some value, IMO, but the context of those stats are more important.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

? No, that was clearly a note to you, Sally.  Everyone knows what a whiny little girl you can be when someone disagrees with you.  Own it.

Hey...no one gets to call Sally a whiny little girl with sand in her vagina but me!

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m pretty sure that you do care.  Denial and sublimation appear to be your immature coping mechanisms.

Darnold passes the eye test for me.  Runs the offense efficiently, has a good presence about him that is essential for a QB, seems to read the field well, and does a nice job keeping calm and keeping his eyes upfield.  Preseason stats do have some value, IMO, but the context of those stats are more important.

:lol: Personal attack and juvenile commentary are your modus operandi absent of any real meaning.  You type crap on a keyboard as if your psycho babble has any application in real life. It's really quite pathetic. 

Oh. Congrats on actually trying to talk football which is what was happening before you decided to take a dump here. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Don’t call me Victor.

And yes, in this case the hammer beat the nail again. I’ll let you decide how to interpret that.

I hope nail will win, but I cannot say for sure. 

source.gif