Sam Darnold Dazzles In Debut

Domdab99

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Preseason QB stat analysis. :doh:  How he's playing >>> meaningless stat lines. 

Me watching Darnold all his career and him being my favorite QB in the draft >>>>> you not.

And it’s not analysis. It’s me writing a fact. And responding.

Sorry to hurt your feelings by writing what’s happened...Mrs Darnold.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Watching doesnt mean a thing if you're not looking at the right things. Watch away. 

I wrote his stats. Which so far, as stats go... pedestrian.

If you’d like an analysis  I can provide it.

Not sure why you’re so hurt by this. Maybe I should tweet it so you can start a thread?

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I wrote his stats.

If you’d like an analysis  I can provide it.

Not sure why you’re so hurt by this. Maybe I should tweet it so you can start a thread?

Ooh clever and original. Sensitive aren't we Jay Broke it. :lol: 21 completions - 157 yards = 7.47 yards per completion. Yowza.  Your Yowza was an analysis of his stat line that means jack.  Carry on. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ooh clever and original. Sensitive aren't we Jay Broke it. :lol: 21 completions - 157 yards = 7.47 yards per completion. Yowza.  Your Yowza was an analysis of his stat line that mean jack.  Carry on. 

It’s funny, for some reason you’re upset by this.

Guess what Skippy, If Allen goes 10-15 for 74 yards...

I’d write 10 completions for 74 yards... yowza.

Write factual things about Darnold and you’re offended.

This is Friday entertainment at its best.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s funny, for some reason you’re upset by this.

Guess what Skippy, If Allen goes 10-15 for 74 yards...

I’d write 10 completions for 74 yards... yowza.

Write factual things about Darnold and you’re offended.

This is Friday entertainment at its best.

Yes. I'm livid. :lol:

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes. I'm livid. :lol:

Well you seem to have a problem when pedestrian numbers are brought up.

You also have a problem understanding what analysis means.

I could say that Darnold is fantastic at manipulating the pocket and his short to mid range accuracy is amazing. He made some great throws from the pocket and while rolling out as well...

But nah, bring up the gross 7.47 yards per completion and you’re upset. 

This really applies to any rookie quarterback, but since Darnold is/was getting hyped somewhat based on his preseason performances I'll put it here:

Was listening to Dan Patrick Show this morning and they interviewed Joe Thomas.  He said fans should basically take nothing from the preseason games.  He mentioned how in Brady Quinn's rookie season Quinn started the fourth preseason game and he drove right down the field for a TD and everyone was super excited.  Joe the pointed out that the opponent played basic Cover 2 defense the entire drive, which basically gives the short middle throws to the offense, and the defense never adjusted to take that throw away because it was preseason.  Nothing really for the QB to adjust to, just look in the same general area of the field for the relatively easy completion.

Not saying Darnold or any of the rookie QBs will flame out like Brady Quinn, but just the efficiency/stats/performance/everything is pretty meaningless in preseason. 

There are warning signs to look out for of course. For example, hospitality tents.  ?

Edit: But the hyping and excitement and doomsdaying and arguing is why this is fun entertainment, so let's carry on.

Edited by co_springs_billsfan

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I could say that Darnold is fantastic at manipulating the pocket and his short to mid range accuracy is amazing. He made some great throws from the pocket and while rolling out as well...

Here: https://www.nflshop.com/new-york-jets/mens-new-york-jets-sam-darnold-nike-green-2018-nfl-draft-first-round-pick-game-jersey/t-14045988+p-4712697613575+z-9-2922608407

Wear it with pride.

19 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I'm not upset, I was just pointing out posting his numbers in a preseason tilt are pretty meaningless as I would have for any QB.  The only one upset in these exchanges is you as evidenced by you making it personal.    The bolded is actual analysis that means something transferable when the games really matter.  It's not what you did in the post I responded to. 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Don’t bother.  @26CornerBlitz gets all girly and defensive when anyone offers an opinion/perception that differs from his own. It’s like arguing with a woman.

Really?  You're the one who was defensive, petulant, and personal when I questioned you about your precious Nick O'Leary. Now here you are again inciting nonsense and discord. Grow up. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Really?  You're the one who was defensive, petulant, and personal when I questioned you about your precious Nick O'Leary. Now here you are again inciting nonsense and discord. Grow up. 

Okay, I’ll grow up when you clean all the sand out of your vagina and are finally capable of having a reasonable disagreement with a fellow poster.  Deal?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

? No, that was clearly a note to you, Sally.  Everyone knows what a whiny little girl you can be when someone disagrees with you.  Own it.

Another note to self as exhibited in the O'Leary thread and now here.  :lol:

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Another creative comeback.  You’re not very good at this, are you?  I get a sense that you were bullied a lot in HS.  

I don't need to be creative with comebacks when you post on such a juvenile level. 

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm not upset, I was just pointing out posting his numbers in a preseason tilt are pretty meaningless as I would have for any QB.  The only one upset in these exchanges is you as evidenced by you making it personal.    The bolded is actual analysis that means something transferable when the games really matter.  It's not what you did in the post I responded to. 

You didn’t need to respond though? You said my post was “analysis” which is where this all started. I’m quite certain we all understand preseason stats don’t mean anything.

The numbers as they are, HOWEVER, are pedestrian. And it’s all we have at the moment.