2018 NFL Hall of Fame Ceremony

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Bills coach Bob Babich to introduce Brian Urlacher at the Hall of Fame

Bob Babich coached Chicago Bears legend Brian Urlacher from 2004 through 2012 first as his linebackers coach then defensive coordinator.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/bills-coach-bob-babich-to-introduce-brian-urlacher-at-the-hall-of-fame/71-580397262

This is awesome. The Bills are lucky to have coach Babich.

I appreciate Ray’s message, but as my 88 year old dad who goes to Catholic mass 6 days a week always says, “if you can’t say it in 7-10 minutes, you’ve lost everyone.  He’s referring to the Homily for those of you who are RC.

Ray could have kept that to 20 minutes and made the same points.  No big deal to me as I was asleep already and watched this morning.

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I appreciate Ray’s message, but as my 88 year old dad who goes to Catholic mass 6 days a week always says, “if you can’t say it in 7-10 minutes, you’ve lost everyone.  He’s referring to the Homily for those of you who are RC.

Ray could have kept that to 20 minutes and made the same points.  No big deal to me as I was asleep already and watched this morning.

SO glad I did not watch this (and won’t). Really can’t stand that high and mighty preacher tone and knew that’s exactly what he’d do.

I agree Yolo.  Dawkins speech was amazing and very candid.  I appreciated his willingness to share his struggles with suicidal ideations.  I hope it helps even one person to engage that life is worth living.

Enjoy you’re Sunday guys.  Personally I get to give my middle son his first car this morning.  I was so excited I had it detailed, tinted, and filled up the tank.  I can’t wait to give to him after church.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dawkins >> Lewis. Giving his wife a “gold jacket” was a nice touch.

My highlight was when he commented on the Eagles fans spending money they could have saved just so they could enjoy the moment with him. 

Always liked Dawkins. That Eagles team was on tv all the time while growing up.

I used to really look forward to the Hall of Fame inductions back in the day but it hasn't been the same the last couple years as we are getting into the more modern era players, I can't explain why I don't enjoy it as much but IMO the speeches usually aren't as good as the classic ones but I thought Dawkins speech was amazing and inspiring.  I can see why McDermott listed him as one of his favorite players he's ever coached.