Better Call Saul: Season 4

/dev/null

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The older guy was Manuel Varga, Nacho's father.

He owns and was in his own upholstery shop.  He assumed his son was there to collect the usual tribute payment required by Salamanca.

His son was telling him that it was not needed anymore, b/c he is thinking he has killed or almost killed Salamanca.  His dad doesn't know that he did that to protect him.

His father gave the money anyway b/c he is just sort of burned out and sickened by the whole thing.  Like "take it anyway!"

So his son took it, presumably he will give it back to his dad at some point or buy him a gift maybe.

I tried to answer your question about Madrigal a few posts ago.

Don't believe that was a tribute payment from Papi to Salamanca but actually the original payment that Salamanca gave to him to start using his business as a cover for shipping his drugs over the border.  (Thus spreading it out into 3 piles like Hector had when he gave it to him.)  He HAD to take the money when Hector gave it to him but he didn't want anything to do with it and never spent it.

Hector had wanted to use the upholstering trucks to transport the drugs but Don Iladio (sp?) had him continue to use the chicken trucks.

And Hector would have been paying for the use of the trucks.  Thus the "you're going to make a lot of money" when he showed up at the shop the 1st day.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Too hard to even cheat with 176 deaths in season 2

had forgotten about the ATM machine crushing the guys head....

No there was that other drug dealer in the RV.

Because one of them showed up to Nacho to pay up or something

On 8/12/2018 at 1:20 PM, Steptide said:

This entire series is slow. I do love the show, but every season has been a bit slow. I'm actually surprised that we're on the 4th season. I don't think any other show that told a story this slowly would ever last. Breaking bad only went 5 and a half seasons and that show was non stop drama. 

Painfully slow and hushed at times, on second watches of new episodes you know what to rip through 

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Don't believe that was a tribute payment from Papi to Salamanca but actually the original payment that Salamanca gave to him to start using his business as a cover for shipping his drugs over the border.  (Thus spreading it out into 3 piles like Hector had when he gave it to him.)  He HAD to take the money when Hector gave it to him but he didn't want anything to do with it and never spent it.

Hector had wanted to use the upholstering trucks to transport the drugs but Don Iladio (sp?) had him continue to use the chicken trucks.

And Hector would have been paying for the use of the trucks.  Thus the "you're going to make a lot of money" when he showed up at the shop the 1st day.

Good call.  You're right about that.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Tuco won’t put up with them punking his Tio’s  game while in a coma

Nice of the axe men to make an appearance

The "cousins" Leonel and Marco Salamanca.

I think that was the first time either of them actually spoke in either show.  I could be wrong though.

:lol:

Edited by Fadingpain

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I think that was the first time either of them actually spoke in either show.  I could be wrong though.

They spoke with the axe dragging on the parking lot

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

They spoke with the axe dragging on the parking lot

IIRC they spoke to Gus when he gave permission to assassinate Hank in exchange for sparing Walter

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2018 at 10:41 PM, DC Tom said:

Kim going off on Howard...that's Rhea Seehorn's Emmy nomination right there.

I love her character (and enjoy watching every scene of hers as well for different reasons), but I cringe at the thought of how she will "disappear" from Jimmy's life.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I love her character (and enjoy watching every scene of hers as well for different reasons), but I cringe at the thought of how she will "disappear" from Jimmy's life.

BB-universe women aren't fully 3-dimensional, like say the horror of a Janice Soprano in your life, but a step up from usual roles.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, Steptide said:

This entire series is slow. I do love the show, but every season has been a bit slow. I'm actually surprised that we're on the 4th season. I don't think any other show that told a story this slowly would ever last. Breaking bad only went 5 and a half seasons and that show was non stop drama. 

It's the slow burn approach.

I love it.

Great acting is absolutely necessary for it to work.

But it's what makes scenes like Kim blowing up at Howard or the final scene of the last episode that much more effective.

• Like (+1) 1