Why Do the Bills Need a New Stadium ??

T master

Just now, CountDorkula said:

So if you spent all morning drinking crappy beer and eating most likely not very well cooked food.

Would a napkin envelope hold up to that?

I do not know. You would be a better judge.

Only beer I drank (one) I brought with me and only thing I had to eat before game was uncooked.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

My number one priority for the new stadium is infrastructure and measures to prevent people from weaponizing their own feces. 

Well I am sure yours have a lot more potential for damage being an expert at crap.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I do not know. You would be a better judge.

Only beer I drank (one) I brought with me and only thing I had to eat before game was uncooked.

Well I am sure yours have a lot more potential for damage being an expert at crap.

You're pretty condescending for a man who shat in his own hand for revenge

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A new stadium would do plenty to increase revenue streams, even if open air. The weather in WNY is beautiful most of football season. For all the talk of "snow games" it almost never actually snows for home Bills games.

Football is an outdoor sport. Domes suck the life out of the game. College football somehow makes do with outdoor stadiums that in many cases hold more people than NFL stadiums do. The irony of these arguments against football being played outdoors is that the NHL, the most backward of all leagues, has as one of its premier products the outdoor games. People go outside in the winter for large events all the time. Look at New Year's Eve, when it's freezing cold and people are outside downtown for a solid 6 hours or more. The weather argument is bunk.

A new stadium means new bells and whistles that will attract people. It's Bills football in WNY, and they might even be building a truly good team. Let's not put the game inside of some airplane hangar with no soul. Football needs to be played outdoors, in the weather. Can you imagine a Buffalo team going to NE* or Cleveland or Chicago or NJ and not being able to play in the cold?

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

A new stadium would do plenty to increase revenue streams, even if open air. The weather in WNY is beautiful most of football season. For all the talk of "snow games" it almost never actually snows for home Bills games.

Football is an outdoor sport. Domes suck the life out of the game. College football somehow makes do with outdoor stadiums that in many cases hold more people than NFL stadiums do. The irony of these arguments against football being played outdoors is that the NHL, the most backward of all leagues, has as one of its premier products the outdoor games. People go outside in the winter for large events all the time. Look at New Year's Eve, when it's freezing cold and people are outside downtown for a solid 6 hours or more. The weather argument is bunk.

A new stadium means new bells and whistles that will attract people. It's Bills football in WNY, and they might even be building a truly good team. Let's not put the game inside of some airplane hangar with no soul. Football needs to be played outdoors, in the weather. Can you imagine a Buffalo team going to NE* or Cleveland or Chicago or NJ and not being able to play in the cold?

College football is a different business model altogether. They don’t pay their players , and the live product appeals to drunken college students. Some on limited budgets. The outdoor NHL game is simply a novelty. Buffalo weather is brutal from about November on, and many folks who could afford to pay high prices to attend simply don’t want to go to that facility. Anyway, I’m not the one who would need convincing and neither of our opinions on the matter amount to much. The Bills may very well decide they’d like a new open -air stadium. I was merely pointing out the limiting factors and why they might feel a climate controlled environment is the way to go. It all depends on what their business model is or what they’d like it to be. Money will be the main driver in this, and a large market would be ignored in a stadium exposed to the elements. The Bills may or may not care about that. 

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The NFL is targeting Richie Rich for its new customer base who will not sit open air below 60 degrees or endure precipitation.

Just now, Pete said:

We don't need a new stadium.  It's a Ponzi scheme to steal from tax payers and get the people on top of the pyramid more $

You are correct about one thing. WE don’t need a new stadium. The Bills may want or need it however, and that’s what will decide if this happens or not. Fans will likely not have any say in the outcome. 

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Wins attract more people.

The Bills could play in the crappiest stadium in football.  If they were good, they'd sell out consistently.  It's not like they're in Miami or LA.  It's Buffalo.  Good football will pack the house, regardless of bells and whistles.

I agree with @Pete.  It's all about making the rich richer.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

The Bills could play in the crappiest stadium in football.  If they were good, they'd sell out consistently.  It's not like they're in Miami or LA.  It's Buffalo.  Good football will pack the house, regardless of bells and whistles.

It’s not about attracting more people. It’s about attracting the right people. That means more expensive tickets, and less of them overall. It means more amenities to charge for. You can’t build a business model around winning, because it’s not guaranteed that you’ll be able to win. You are selling a gameday experience, even to fans of the opponent . The tickets sell now anyway. They just can’t charge much more for them when the experience is the same, and customers have to endure exposure to the elements. It’s about making more money, not selling more tickets. 

Newer is not always better.  For example I much prefer the old Yankee stadium to the new.  The new one has no soul IMO.  And the Giants/Jets stadium is a dump!  Who the hell designed that monstrosity?  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They do play in the crappiest stadium in the NFL and they do sell out many games.

Stadiums, like all structures, have a useful life.  At a certain point on the cost curve the upkeep of retrofitting and renovating an old stadium becomes less economically sound than a new build.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Went to the game in Arizona when I was working in California and while it looks impressive not all seats are.  The seat I was sold was called "obstructed view" (which usually means you cannot see scoreboard or something high) but it wasn't.  It was blocked view. There was no way for me to be able to sit and watch game.  After a quarter I got up and became a hobo sitting whenever I saw a seat unoccupied until owner got back.  For $500 million I expect every seat sold to be able to see the game.

I havent sat in the seats you are talking about and didnt know they had them. My wife is a die hard 49ers fan so we go to that game every season so I have to wear a 49ers hat for a day. We usually sit in the lower section and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I like being able to walk around the concource, be able to see the field and not be nut to butt with the person in front of me. The bathroom lines go quickly, and there is every type of food or drink you want.