Why Do the Bills Need a New Stadium ??

T master

We've read all the articles about how the NFL wants the Bills to have a new stadium to be like Jerrah or Kronke out in LA but why ? The Bills are who we are & i like it this way !!

There is all this talk even before the Pegula's bought the team that the "NFL" & others want the Bills to have a new stadium & that if they don't get one it would be terrible & not up to NFL standards ! In all of the polls New Era Field is at the bottom of the fan experience list as far as NFL stadiums are concerned .

Well i have been to the field on numerous occasions & other than a blizzard on game day or a 18 degree temp. in Nov. my experience has for the most part been good (except the time i got my pockets picked at a N.E. game which i think was a N.E. fan) 

I read about the $18 Mill improvements to the Adpro sports facility that the Pegula's are doing which will make it among the best in the league, then you read about what new players say about the locker room improvements when they come here & it all being good reviews ! Add to it what they have done with the upgrades to the stadium to make the fan experience better over the last few years then WHY ??

I know NFL football fans are spoiled a lot like the players & feel they need all these interactive video/shopping center/ restaurant & such things that cost a Billion plus & i realize there are still things that need some upgrade in the stadium but coming from a era where every thing i got i earned being a part of a Jerry Jones spoiled ass experience i want no part of ! I've been to his stadium & was not really all that impressed because it reeks of his ego !! 

I'm proud to be a Bills fan & proud of the stadium & all that goes with it including the best tail gating any where in the NFL, what I don't understand is that if the NFL wants the Bills or any other team for that matter to build a new stadium why they don't pony up the majority of the cost instead of passing the buck off on the fans in one way or another or do what Kronke is doing pay for it out of the owners pockets they will recoup the money in time from the fans any way !!

Just saying i have never really had a bad experience (except for waiting in line to go to the rest room) at New Era Field & don't get with all the New why there needs to be a entirely new place & building maybe you all as Bills fans can give me a better idea why it needs or doesn't need to be, Thanks for your input either way good or bad !! 

GO BILLS !!! 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, costrovs said:

Simple answer, they don't.

If Buffalo wants to revitalize downtown more a new stadium would help. Not to mention the whole Bills mafia "black eye" could be fixed with less pregame tailgating etc. could be better controlled with a downtown stadium. Not to mention make the Pegula's One Buffalo campaign more united.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They don't.  And look around, they are planning on staying there a long time.  Thank God.  Most of the new stadiums blow.  Keep renovating what we have.  It's one of the best atmospheres in the league.  There's also nothing wrong with the stadium itself.  The one thing people harp on are the concourses.  And could they be wider?  Yep.  Was there ever a time where I didn't want to go to a Bills game because it might take another 60 seconds to traverse a smaller concourse? No.

There's no way they are moving downtown.  It couldn't be more clear.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Not to mention the whole Bills mafia "black eye" could be fixed with less pregame tailgating etc. could be better controlled with a downtown stadium.

Nobody wants the tailgating to change except you.

Yes, you are the only one.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

Nobody wants the tailgating to change except you.

Yes, you are the only one.

The tailgating is half the experience IMO. But eventually I believe they will have to build a stadium downtown and that will put a damper on the tailgating. And by eventually I mean 10-15 years 

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If Buffalo wants to revitalize downtown more a new stadium would help. Not to mention the whole Bills mafia "black eye" could be fixed with less pregame tailgating etc. could be better controlled with a downtown stadium. Not to mention make the Pegula's One Buffalo campaign more united.

Buffalo can revitalize downtown without a new stadium. Buffalo, Erie County, NY state, the Pegulas and the taxpayers don't want to pay. No one wants to pay for it, and the majority of Western NY is happy where it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

True fact: Some in Baltimore didn't want to build Camden Yards. Memorial Stadium on 33rd St. was perfectly fine and was home to the great Oriole teams of the past. How can you improve on that? Sure, there was so little parking that you had park bumper-to-bumper and door-to-door, which meant you couldn't leave the game until everyone blocking you in left first, and the toilets did overflow every once in a while, and yes the narrow concourses with the exposed wiring and pipes were an eyesore, but would a stadium by the Inner Harbor really be any better?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, T master said:

We've read all the articles about how the NFL wants the Bills to have a new stadium to be like Jerrah or Kronke out in LA but why ? The Bills are who we are & i like it this way !!

There is all this talk even before the Pegula's bought the team that the "NFL" & others want the Bills to have a new stadium & that if they don't get one it would be terrible & not up to NFL standards ! In all of the polls New Era Field is at the bottom of the fan experience list as far as NFL stadiums are concerned .

Well i have been to the field on numerous occasions & other than a blizzard on game day or a 18 degree temp. in Nov. my experience has for the most part been good (except the time i got my pockets picked at a N.E. game which i think was a N.E. fan) 

I read about the $18 Mill improvements to the Adpro sports facility that the Pegula's are doing which will make it among the best in the league, then you read about what new players say about the locker room improvements when they come here & it all being good reviews ! Add to it what they have done with the upgrades to the stadium to make the fan experience better over the last few years then WHY ??

I know NFL football fans are spoiled a lot like the players & feel they need all these interactive video/shopping center/ restaurant & such things that cost a Billion plus & i realize there are still things that need some upgrade in the stadium but coming from a era where every thing i got i earned being a part of a Jerry Jones spoiled ass experience i want no part of ! I've been to his stadium & was not really all that impressed because it reeks of his ego !! 

I'm proud to be a Bills fan & proud of the stadium & all that goes with it including the best tail gating any where in the NFL, what I don't understand is that if the NFL wants the Bills or any other team for that matter to build a new stadium why they don't pony up the majority of the cost instead of passing the buck off on the fans in one way or another or do what Kronke is doing pay for it out of the owners pockets they will recoup the money in time from the fans any way !!

Just saying i have never really had a bad experience (except for waiting in line to go to the rest room) at New Era Field & don't get with all the New why there needs to be a entirely new place & building maybe you all as Bills fans can give me a better idea why it needs or doesn't need to be, Thanks for your input either way good or bad !! 

GO BILLS !!! 

Totally agree.. 100 per cent! 

11 minutes ago, costrovs said:

Buffalo can revitalize downtown without a new stadium. Buffalo, Erie County, NY state, the Pegulas and the taxpayers don't want to pay. No one wants to pay for it, and the majority of Western NY is happy where it is. 

IMO, a state of the art, picturesque brick and mortar amphitheater would make 100x the difference a bulky and underused football stadium would.  You can get 20-30K people downtown on the regular and draw from all over the region.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

IMO, a state of the art, picturesque brick and mortar amphitheater would make 100x the difference a bulky and underused football stadium would.  You can get 20-30K people downtown on the regular and draw from all over the region.

That's what Keybank Center is for. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, papazoid said:

#1- why ? the lure of more revenue

#2- don't worry, the Pegula's will slow play this til at least 2030

#3- follow the money to east of buffalo

Did you mean connect the dots? 

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We would need help from the state,the Buffalo Billion Project has been a mess from the "get go"....therefore,you won't see a dime come in from Albany for a new place.The state is done with WNY for awhile.

1 minute ago, costrovs said:

That's what Keybank Center is for. 

Thats good for the winter and some acts.... but arena shows are actually becoming more uncommon.

An ampitheater would bring in all those country and nostalgia acts from Darien Lake.  They would also get more who skip Buffalo due to not having a great concert venue.  We would also get the 'multi' tours or mini-festivals that don't come to buffalo.  The one in Camden, NJ has shows nearly every day in the Summer/Fall.  With a good promoter, they can also create their own weekend long festival there.  

I’m actually fine either way. I don’t live in the area and won’t have my taxes jacked up. I’ll just pay more for each visit. The bottom line is, I’m just thrilled they will remain in WNY! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1