Happy 93rd Birthday Coach Levy!

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Could have been Wes, but I was thinking it was Stu Boyar.

As I remember it, it was one of the local TV sports newscaster guys.

Anyone know for sure?

For the fun of it, let’s just say it was Jerry Sullivan to make the memory that much better.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Happy Birthday Coach.

Met Marv when I worked at Walden Books at Eastern Hills Mall.  He did an autograph signing for a book he wrote.  Nice guy, very gracious.  Took a lot of time with each person to talk and personalized their book.

Funny story, I got an autograph for my Grandfather and sent it off to Florida.  Two years later he called and said "hey I got this Marv Levy autographed book, thought you may want it."  I now own a book that says To Don, with thanks and gratitude Marv Levy" My names not Don.

I bought a book thru Amazon about the longtime Bay Area broadcaster and I could have sworn I selected New.  The book comes in and it's in perfect condition so no reason to think it wasn't new.  Inside the cover was written "To Jose, the greatest Raiders fan!"

15 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Marv loved his players to a fault. He was truly a " players coach". This was one of my favorite moments sticking up for Bruce Smith.

That was awesome.  Brings back memories, and thanks everyone.  Really brightened my day yesterday reading the personalized stories.  I just love Coach Marv, and to the person who mentioned the Lombardi, I couldn’t agree more.  As much as we want to see it, I know Jim and Marv want it even more.

i really like this front office staff and coaching as well as owners.  I think we can eventually get there.  Everyone have a wonderful weekend.  Keep the training camp stories coming, as us Buffalonians living long distance don’t get to see it so we rely on all of you who live there.

On 8/3/2018 at 6:07 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Happy Birthday Coach.

Met Marv when I worked at Walden Books at Eastern Hills Mall.  He did an autograph signing for a book he wrote.  Nice guy, very gracious.  Took a lot of time with each person to talk and personalized their book.

Funny story, I got an autograph for my Grandfather and sent it off to Florida.  Two years later he called and said "hey I got this Marv Levy autographed book, thought you may want it."  I now own a book that says To Don, with thanks and gratitude Marv Levy" My names not Don.

Great story. As a youngster I met Marv at training camp in Fredonia. I haven’t met many “famous people”, but Marv is one of the few who didn’t leave me feeling somewhat disappointed. He was a gracious and down to earth man who seemed genuinely willling to give us a moment of his time. Many men of his stature simply go through the motions while interacting with fans. Marv seemed to understand the importance of not just the players, but the fans as well. From that point forward I always understood why he was so respected by his players. 

• Like (+1) 1