Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 7

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Hm, I haven't seen those reports. 

I don't know much about Phillips, does he have speed? Right now (especially if they want to start Allen sometime this year) we need someone who can push the defense. 

At this point we need a WR that can suit up every week, get open and catch the ball.  We currently only have one guy that I believe will do that all season.  His name last name is McCoy.  Might pencil in Kerley as well.  Hoping KB can do that too, but I’m not very optimistic about the suiting up every week part

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Regressed as against the progress earlier in camp. Havent watched the Cover 1 breakdown of today yet. Will have a better idea once I have. 

Or the defense is starting to rachet it up

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

At this point we need a WR that can suit up every week, get open and catch the ball.  We currently only have one guy that I believe will do that all season.  His name last name is McCoy.  Might pencil in Kerley as well.  Hoping KB can do that too, but I’m not very optimistic about the suiting up every week part

I still like Brandon Reilly a lot to be that "Mr. Consistant" guy

and.....Foster is impressing

Training camp practice being disected like this is absurd. It's practice. They're trying new things, learning new plays - if they were completing every pass, doing everything right, it would mean they weren't being pushed enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Training camp practice being disected like this is absurd. It's practice. They're trying new things, learning new plays - if they were completing every pass, doing everything right, it would mean they weren't being pushed enough. 

It’s crazy.  Many people actually draw conclusions based on all the written reports- I think that is nuts.  It’s great to have the content, but I wait to see it with my own eyes in the preseason games before forming a strong opinion.

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Havent heard much about Siran Neal..

Had some hopes for him coming into camp but see him still there with the 3rds...

Anyone seen how he is going?

I had high hopes for him as well, but it does not seem he has been able to make much of an impact and is mired at the back of the line.  I do not have any eye witness report, just going by the daily reviews of where he is on the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Or the defense is starting to rachet it up

I still like Brandon Reilly a lot to be that "Mr. Consistant" guy

and.....Foster is impressing

I hope your right but he’s the only guy catching the ball with his chest.  That’s a bit scary imo.  I do have hopes for Foster, but he didn’t even play in college.  Seems like Cam Phillips might be our sleeper this year.  

What i I was getting at:  we don’t just need speed.  We just need WRs that can play.  If they can play and have speed....all the better.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope your right but he’s the only guy catching the ball with his chest.  That’s a bit scary imo.  I do have hopes for Foster, but he didn’t even play in college.  Seems like Cam Phillips might be our sleeper this year.  

What i I was getting at:  we don’t just need speed.  We just need WRs that can play.  If they can play and have speed....all the better.  

There was One report of One play where Brandon Reilly caught the ball with his chest.....

I know we gotta a small sample size here but we really need to put this in perspective

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the thing that makes people nervous is that is his scouting report since high school.  It’s been the scouting report of a few past Bills qb.  It’s a mechanic thing that is very difficult to fix, especially at the nfl level.  It’s Brady is Brady and a guy like Ryan Mallett is Ryan Mallett.

I was nervous the moment we drafted him- actually I was more pissed off than nervous ? 

36 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Why on earth shouldn't we dissect training camp performance? If players struggle, there's a reason for it, and it makes for a worthwhile discussion.

30 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It’s crazy.  Many people actually draw conclusions based on all the written reports- I think that is nuts.  It’s great to have the content, but I wait to see it with my own eyes in the preseason games before forming a strong opinion.

I think there is a difference between drawing conclusions, and forming opinions. And, why shouldn't we be forming opinions (or drawing conclusions, for that matter) during TC? Isn't this what fans do during TC? Otherwise, why pay attention at all?

1 minute ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

If people can’t see the upside and positive direction this team is headed in, they should be shot and placed in massive unmarked graves. 

...not sure how you can reach that conclusion...."OL sucks"....."WR's are THE worst in the league"......"Allen is a sure fire bust"......."McBeane should be fired NOW"..."Pegulas are clueless owners".....and THAT beat goes on.....pretty effin' pathetic, right?.....

6 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Early indications point to AJM starting the season which I expected. I just hope he’s not a newer version of Trent Edwards. I have zero confidence in Peterman at this point. Hopefully JA continues improving and takes the reigns at some point in the season.

With Murphy’s injury history, no way do I throw in the towel on Lawson. Still young and basically in year two due to injury.

Was hoping Teller might push Vlad as he’s a weak link on the OL. 

This is an unique year as if this team exceeds expectations, they really have a great opportunity to add playmakers and depth to the roster next year. Something we haven’t been able to say or do for years!

Agree with you 100%

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Keep your eyes on the young guys. Phillips, Dupre and Foster have all had some nice plays

11 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

If people can’t see the upside and positive direction this team is headed in, they should be shot and placed in massive unmarked graves. 

Are you suggesting that there are enough fans who don't "see the upside and positive direction this team is headed in" to fill, not one, but multiple "massive unmarked graves?"

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure how you can reach that conclusion...."OL sucks"....."WR's are THE worst in the league"......"Allen is a sure fire bust"......."McBeane should be fired NOW"..."Pegulas are clueless owners".....and THAT beat goes on.....pretty effin' pathetic, right?.....

Certainly, people have good reason to doubt the OL, and our WR corps. That seems fairly obvious. But, I don't know that I've read a single post that has predicted Allen being "a sure fire bust." Indeed, I believe there is an enormous amount of optimism in his future. And, the criticisms of Beane, and the Pegulas seem scant, at most.

Or, maybe I've been reading the wrong threads.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen is well aware that it's an issue for him and he's working diligently to correct it. 

It also appears there is a very good reason that this is an area where Allen is behind.  It has to do with the offense he operated at Wyoming.  There is no particular reason to think he can't eventually get it.

23 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Keep your eyes on the young guys. Phillips, Dupre and Foster have all had some nice plays

I hope Phillips and Foster can contribute.  I have no confidence in Dupre.  5 Star kid that had everything handed to him and accomplished nothing at LSU. If he can learn how to work like a man, he’s got the talent to stick

26 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Are you suggesting that there are enough fans who don't "see the upside and positive direction this team is headed in" to fill, not one, but multiple "massive unmarked graves?"

Certainly, people have good reason to doubt the OL, and our WR corps. That seems fairly obvious. But, I don't know that I've read a single post that has predicted Allen being "a sure fire bust." Indeed, I believe there is an enormous amount of optimism in his future. And, the criticisms of Beane, and the Pegulas seem scant, at most.

Or, maybe I've been reading the wrong threads.

..plenty of hating TBD pundits about the pick, sad but true....and they would CERTAINLY know better than McBeane and his staff of 17+ that Pegula probably pays $3.5-$4 mil annually out of his pocket....go figure.....