Urban Meyer suspended for 3 games

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

He may end up getting sued for slander or libel by the time this is over. 

He admitted to Zach’s lawyer that he didn’t know where the pics came from, and there is no proof that he ordered that stuff, only that it was shipped to his work address. Even Barstool and Deadspin didn’t find it fit to report - they both said he tried to sell the pics to them and they refused. 

On 8/16/2018 at 2:11 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Jeff Snook’s post is excellent. I would encourage everyone to not succumb to the mob mentality surrounding the Ohio State/Urban Meyer situation (or any other mob mentality in current culture).

You sound just like Penn State guys defending that organization. The most damning thing about that whole staff was that other staff members came to her and asked her to drop the charges. That's when you know football is far too important to them. I'm not really sure how you can just gloss over the texts like they're nothing, but I'm pretty sure if this was another team you wouldn't. If Meyer thought that he was innocent or that he handled it correctly then why did he lie about knowing? Now for Snook, the Ohio State homer who already amended his story and Herman's angle, do you really think he is going to give some neutral fair and unbiased reporting? The whole recruit money lending timeline didn't make sense in the first place. How many big programs need to go down before people realize that they don't play by the same rules? 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

no, nothing here is coming within a million miles of the type of evil Penn State let go on for decades

The fans are treating it the same way with the us versus them. I mean even if Herman told people that Smith abused his wife, who the !@#$ cares. That still means Smith is the POS. I would actually say the Baylor thing was probably just as bad as Penn State. The players there literally beat up a teammate who was going to testify for a victim. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

You know this to be true because ...she said that happened when at Florida? Has it been corroborated by anyone but her? You are stating it as fact. There is another person saying Earle Bruce (who was not a staff member) never even spoke to her about it yet she said he did. Is it a fact that the other guy asked her to drop the charges? 

Brett McMurphy could have reached out to both sides, but he did not. questioning Jeff Snook’s motives and integrity with 2 on the record, sources and his resume which does include covering other programs, but not question McMurphy’s motivations, sources or constant edits on Facebook? Yes, Jeff Snook has ties to Ohio State. That doesnt make him a “homer.” He did what any  journalist with connections would do who had sources that contradicted the intentional one-sided reporting of McMurphy. 

In the end none of the reporting back and forth on the Zach/Courtney soap opera matters. There was a thorough investigation done by an independent committee, and the investigation is whether Urban Meyer followed proper protocol according to his contract, and considering that OSU has one of the strictest sexual misconduct reporting policies in the Big 10, you can stop worrying that they only care about football. 

All Snook has done is throw out outlandish conspiracy theories and talk about supposed proof he hasn't revealed. All of the texts between Courtney Smith, Shelly Meyer, and Zach Smith would have to be faked now to discredit her story. I'm sure that OSU is real strict when it comes to athletes. Meyer probably did report it, but he still carried Smith from Florida to Ohio and then lied about knowing about the accusations. Maybe if Snook ever settles on a theory we can compare the two. 

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

All Snook has done is throw out outlandish conspiracy theories and talk about supposed proof he hasn't revealed. All of the texts between Courtney Smith, Shelly Meyer, and Zach Smith would have to be faked now to discredit her story. I'm sure that OSU is real strict when it comes to athletes. Meyer probably did report it, but he still carried Smith from Florida to Ohio and then lied about knowing about the accusations. Maybe if Snook ever settles on a theory we can compare the two. 

It seems like your issue is more with the Powell police, whose job it is to determine if her story is credible. They didn’t think it was. The school is not involved in police matters. 

You appear to be a bit biased with the bolded snark, so I’ll leave it at that you aren’t interested in facts but rather an outcome that you want to see. 

Grandstanding on either side makes no sense. I personally only want the correct action to be taken based upon the findings of the committee. I hate his stupid offensive scheme and am far from a “homer”...  but i certainly have no mind to join a mob mentality. The public does not know what did or did not happen at this time, but will soon. The university didn’t spend a half mill, involve an outside firm and pull the HC away at an extremely critical time to do a half ass study and not inspect every side of things. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why one should wait and see what the actual facts are before making up their minds instead of relying on Facebook posts and ESPN (keeping in mind we still don’t know the facts as of this morning)

https://www.reddit.com/r/OhioStateFootball/comments/99asso/a_lawyers_deep_dive_part_iii_how_brett_mcmurphys/

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.