Mahomes Struggling in Camp

H2o

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  This thread is hilarious.  Allen throws for 60 yards = GOAT.  Mahomes throws the ball in the air for more yards than Allen did in his game = JP Losman!!!

You also know Mahomes started a game his rookie year. JP did not. Mahomes threw for 284 in a road win.  Losman didn’t start until his 2nd year and was dreadful.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00/gamelog/2005/

its ok to really like Allen.  But this thread is so irrationally trying to hate Mahomes.  It’s kinda embarrassing. 

i'm not hating mahmoes and your overreaction is hilarious and embarrassing my man.  

I did not like Mahomes coming out of college, air raid QBs very seldom have success in the NFL it's not the easiest transition and it seldom works out.  This has absolutely zero to do with loving Allen so that's  a stretch of a statement right there.   

If it makes you feel better, if we're going to play the hindsite game, Watson would have been a MUCH MUCH MUCHHHHHH better draft pick than Mahomes and I think he'll have a better career.  

So breathe, and chill.   Too much triggering over nothing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

i'm not hating mahmoes and your overreaction is hilarious and embarrassing my man.  

I did not like Mahomes coming out of college, air raid QBs very seldom have success in the NFL it's not the easiest transition and it seldom works out.  This has absolutely zero to do with loving Allen so that's  a stretch of a statement right there.   

If it makes you feel better, if we're going to play the hindsite game, Watson would have been a MUCH MUCH MUCHHHHHH better draft pick than Mahomes and I think he'll have a better career.  

So breathe, and chill.   Too much triggering over nothing. 

Haha, you’re right. Calling him JP Losman is super rational.  And I’m chilling by some water.  I’m super chill my man.  Just like pointing out silly things. ✌️

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  This thread is hilarious.  Allen throws for 60 yards = GOAT.  Mahomes throws the ball in the air for more yards than Allen did in his game = JP Losman!!!

You also know Mahomes started a game his rookie year. JP did not. Mahomes threw for 284 in a road win.  Losman didn’t start until his 2nd year and was dreadful.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00/gamelog/2005/

its ok to really like Allen.  But this thread is so irrationally trying to hate Mahomes.  It’s kinda embarrassing. 

Come on Bisquit.  Quite a bit of exaggeration here.

Mahomes had a great throw yes but is still not playing all that well.  He's still making bad decisions with the football.

Had a bad pick and then should have had another one.  He threw it at the chest of a Falcons DB, hit him in stride and just dropped it.

I honestly think Mahomes if he starts all 16 games is going to be near 20 INT's for the season.  

https://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/patrick-mahomes-iii-kansas-city-chiefs-28-14-win-atlanta-falcons-081718

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, you’re right. Calling him JP Losman is super rational.  And I’m chilling by some water.  I’m super chill my man.  Just like pointing out silly things. ✌️

I am saying what I believe.   sorry that bothers you 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Come on Bisquit.  Quite a bit of exaggeration here.

Mahomes had a great throw yes but is still not playing all that well.  He's still making bad decisions with the football.

Had a bad pick and then should have had another one.  He threw it at the chest of a Falcons DB, hit him in stride and just dropped it.

I honestly think Mahomes if he starts all 16 games is going to be near 20 INT's for the season.  

https://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/patrick-mahomes-iii-kansas-city-chiefs-28-14-win-atlanta-falcons-081718

I don’t know how any of their careers will turn out.  But so far, Allen has been like Trent and Tyrod, who people wanted to get rid off.  I know he just missed a couple of bombs but it has been a lot of safe throws, which is fine too.  

Personally, preseason is pretty stupid.  It’s stupid to draw any conclusions now.  But I will bet a lot of money that Mahomes will have a better career than JP Losman.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don't know whether Mahomes will be good or not but if I were a Chiefs fan I'd be concerned that over half of his yardage came from one throw - that doesn't seem sustainable to me.  I'd be even more concerned about how badly the defense is playing...

They got rid of a QB who got them to the playoffs what, every single year he was in KC???   If Mahomes doesn't start looking decent, Reid will lose his job over this one.  

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Against a Denver team that had nothing to play for in the final game of the season. Somewhere Rob Johnson is in a hot tub smiling.

As for his last preseason start, half of Mahomes yardage came on one long pass to Hill. Other than that he was kinda meh.

I’m happy to take the lead on disliking Mahomes. I disliked him in college, I disliked him before the draft and I wanted Buffalo to stay far away from him. I dislike him now and will probably dislike him 10 years from now.....

When he’s in the bullpen for some AA baseball team.

8 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I am saying what I believe.   sorry that bothers you 

Biscuit and Mahomes are in a weird one sided relationship.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Against a Denver team that had nothing to play for in the final game of the season. Somewhere Rob Johnson is in a hot tub smiling.

As for his last preseason start, half of Mahomes yardage came on one long pass to Hill. Other than that he was kinda meh.

I’m happy to take the lead on disliking Mahomes. I disliked him in college, I disliked him before the draft and I wanted Buffalo to stay far away from him. I dislike him now and will probably dislike him 10 years from now.....

You hate Mahomes because he is living best life while you stay at the best western. 

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't care about Mahomes and don't understand why he is the subject of a thread on a Bills website.

Because Allen will be linked with Watson, Rosen, and Mahomes.  

10 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Do we have a SaviorMahomes scenario going on here?  

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know how any of their careers will turn out.  But so far, Allen has been like Trent and Tyrod, who people wanted to get rid off.  I know he just missed a couple of bombs but it has been a lot of safe throws, which is fine too.  

Personally, preseason is pretty stupid.  It’s stupid to draw any conclusions now.  But I will bet a lot of money that Mahomes will have a better career than JP Losman.

Have you actually watched any of the games.

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don't know whether Mahomes will be good or not but if I were a Chiefs fan I'd be concerned that over half of his yardage came from one throw - that doesn't seem sustainable to me.  I'd be even more concerned about how badly the defense is playing...

History tells us Andy Reid will figure out how to make it work.   His track record while relying on a ton of mostly sub-franchise level QB's is impressive. 

If Mahomes isn't ready to dissect defenses he has Watkins and Tyreke Hill......that's enough deep ball power alone to create space for a strong running game and ease Mahomes into a more complex passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

Do we have a SaviorMahomes scenario going on here?  

Oh no.  The Mahomes sucks gang is teaming up on me!  ?

yup, no one gets excited if Allen hit that bomb.  We would be talking about how the wr slowed down to catch it.  I hate and love the preseason.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh no.  The Mahomes sucks gang is teaming up on me!  ?

yup, no one gets excited if Allen hit that bomb.  We would be talking about how the wr slowed down to catch it.  I hate and love the preseason.  

Allen hasn't hit one of those bombs and people are excited anyway.   But again, as I previously stated and am now reiterating, I felt this way about Mahomes before he was drafted by anyone.   It has nothing to do with Allen.   I think it has more to do with Reid going all in on Mahomes and the repercussions jettisoning Alex Smith, a proven winner present. 

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Have you actually watched any of the games.

I loved watching Jim Kelly’s preseason games.  Oh wait, I didn’t because they didn’t matter. 

Mahomes/ Allen could threw 8 tds or 8 ints next game and it still doesn’t matter.  EJ Manuel had a perfect passing rating in game 3 of the preseason against the Steelers.  It doesn’t matter. 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2018&seasonType=PRE&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You understand that we are running Daboll’s offensive system in which we are running a similar philosophy as New England.  It’s a lot of short stuff and then taking a deep shot when it’s there.  

Edwards and Tyrod threw to running backs a lot which I don’t see Allen doing.  

It doesn’t take much to be better than Losman but the way they play is similar.

Not good in the pocket, scrambles outside the pocket when feeling pressure and fantom pressure, throws the ball deep a lot with limited consistency everything underneath.

Do you think McDermott is stupid because he’s using preseason to evaluate the QB, Center and WR battles?

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

Allen hasn't hit one of those bombs and people are excited anyway.   But again, as I previously stated and am now reiterating, I felt this way about Mahomes before he was drafted by anyone.   It has nothing to do with Allen.   I think it has more to do with Reid going all in on Mahomes and the repercussions jettisoning Alex Smith, a proven winner present. 

That’s fine.  I personally trust Reid’s judgment on qbs.  He obviously could be wrong.  But trying to crap on a pass that went 60+ yards in the air for a td is just thirsty to be a hater.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You understand that we are running Daboll’s offensive system in which we are running a similar philosophy as New England.  It’s a lot of short stuff and then taking a deep shot when it’s there.  

Edwards and Tyrod threw to running backs a lot which I don’t see Allen doing.  

It doesn’t take much to be better than Losman but the way they play is similar.

Not good in the pocket, scrambles outside the pocket when feeling pressure and fantom pressure, throws the ball deep a lot with limited consistency everything underneath.

Do you think McDermott is stupid because he’s using preseason to evaluate the QB, Center and WR battles?

It’s the preseason. Teams don’t game play.  They play really simple coverages to see the physical abilities of players they are trying to evaluate.

and Allen has been fine.  But it’s stuff we’ve seen in past with plenty of Bills qbs who never turned into anything special.  Allen should start game 3.  But it becomes a completely different game when the regular season starts.  I guess it just show he is not overwhelmed yet which is good.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wouldnt this apply to every single millionaire professional athlete?

1) I never hate any athlete unless they are scum bag. 

2) I enjoy Marriotts