Mahomes Struggling in Camp

H2o

I have not understood how the same folks negative on Allen talk about how we missed on Mahomes, how Beane gets fired for not taking Mahomes, etc.   His flaws are similar to the ones talked about for Allen, primarily footwork.   At least Allen ran a more pro style offense.  Mahomes ran that shotgun single look spread - has a QB that played that offense in college done well in the pros?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I have not understood how the same folks negative on Allen talk about how we missed on Mahomes, how Beane gets fired for not taking Mahomes, etc.   His flaws are similar to the ones talked about for Allen, primarily footwork.   At least Allen ran a more pro style offense.  Mahomes ran that shotgun single look spread - has a QB that played that offense in college done well in the pros?

Beane couldn't be fired for not drafting Mahomes because he wasn't on the job as Bills' GM yet.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

So I follow the Cheifs on Bleacher Report just because I have Hunt as my keeper in 2 leagues and like to see how Sammy is doing.  So while this report has been on those mistakes, I can tell you that I have also got several notices on huge plays to Hill and Sammy as well.  I did NOT want to draft Mahomes at 10 as I thought he was too risky there and I loved our trade back.  But just because I thought he had a lot of risk doesn't mean the first week of Training Camp is going to prove who he is or isnt.  

Like with Allen, there will be some whoa moments and some cringe moments.  Only time will tell if either, both or neither can get rid of most those cringe moments and be a consistently good QB in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

If Mahomes fails, Andy Reid will be gone at the end of the season.

Which is why I think Mahomes won't fail.  Reid is a QB guru.  McNabb excelled under him.  Garcia won five straight games including a playoff game when McNabb went down.  He somehow turned Vick into a pro bowler with over a 100% passer rating after he got out of jail (his highest with the Falcons was 81.6%).  He then got the absolute best you could possibly get out of Alex Smith for five years.  You can even argue that he played a small role in helping Brett Favre develop into a Hall of Fame QB.  

I wouldn't bet against Mahomes because of Reid's past success based off him struggling in the first few days of training camp.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, APoxOnYou said:

I really hope he busts. Not because we passed on him, but because Chiefs fans are proclaiming him HoF worthy andhe comes across as arrogant. 

I don't really "hope" he busts but I can't stand the arrogance.  It won't hurt my feelings if the Chefs as a whole struggle.

• Haha (+1) 1

So roughly 1 int per practice.  Why is this a news story?  If he's thrown basically 1 INT per practice and has had about 50 + throws a day, I'm not sure why it is even a report.  Unless he just looks completely lost and is throwing INT's.  I doubt that's what's happening.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

So roughly 1 int per practice.  Why is this a news story?  If he's thrown basically 1 INT per practice and has had about 50 + throws a day, I'm not sure why it is even a report.  Unless he just looks completely lost and is throwing INT's.  I doubt that's what's happening.

From the article:

"Six of the picks have come during the three practice sessions in pads, when play is most competitive."