Mahomes Struggling in Camp

H2o

48 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I'm sorry but if bean gets fired it will be because he passed on Rosen.

Mr. Bean?112885885_mrbean.jpg.924a497e928aa6685ece59966284a30a.jpg

Perhaps a small point, but the Bills' GM's name is Brandon Beane.

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The guy was playing out the string after 11 years in Philly on a crappy Washington team.  Not sure what compelling argument you are trying to make here--that he would have had a much better season on that redskins team if Reid was still his coach? 

The fact remains that , despite  all of his "track record" of "mentoring" all of those QBs after McNabb, the inescapable fact is that Reid has won a single playoff game in the past 11 years. 

I will give you props for coining the phrase "highly below average" though.  That's pretty sweet.

If McNabb was still in Philly that year he probably would have had a much better season for various factors (supporting cast, knowing Reid's system etc.) That was my general point. From what you wrote you were stating that the Skins being a top 10 passing offense that year was proof that McNabb would have been good without Reid. Which given a further analysis of that season just doesn't hold water. 

My point was that even if you want to write off all of Reid's accomplishments with QB's as just him "Having good QB's" then you have to at the very least by that logic give him props for evaluating the QB position tremendously and having a system that utilizing good QB's. A lot of teams struggle to find good QB's and Reid always seemed to be able to find good ones. I think that's why people point to Reid as a positive when talking about Mahomes. Reid provides a proven offensive system and is a coach who seems to know good QB talent 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I don't mean to sound like I want the guy to fail at his life's dream, but he is already a millionaire and if he is a bust, then it would be very unlikely KC would be in contention for the playoffs this season, making the path for the Bills a little easier.  I am not as high on Kareem Hunt as some others are in fantasy.

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

If McNabb was still in Philly that year he probably would have had a much better season for various factors (supporting cast, knowing Reid's system etc.) That was my general point. From what you wrote you were stating that the Skins being a top 10 passing offense that year was proof that McNabb would have been good without Reid. Which given a further analysis of that season just doesn't hold water. 

My point was that even if you want to write off all of Reid's accomplishments with QB's as just him "Having good QB's" then you have to at the very least by that logic give him props for evaluating the QB position tremendously and having a system that utilizing good QB's. A lot of teams struggle to find good QB's and Reid always seemed to be able to find good ones. I think that's why people point to Reid as a positive when talking about Mahomes. Reid provides a proven offensive system and is a coach who seems to know good QB talent 

It's a simple point i was making--McNabb, at the tail end of his career, went to Wash and made a bad offense better.  

"Finding" a good QB to me doesn't mean hiring one that was already pretty good (Alex Smith or even Vick).  McNabb was an easy "find" as the number 2 pick in the draft.

But hey, if Reid can win a playoff game with Mahomes this season, I will hail him as a QB guru.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I always say TBD and TSW are educational.  I had no previous idea that corn has nuts.

Tedford, Cal 2002-2004, I think so?

Also Drew Brees?

Then there's Kyle Boller

I'll admit I thought Boller was going to be good. However, I do think judging a guy just based off the college system is faulty. These coaches are getting paid millions to win games, not prepare guys for the pros. If that style of offense takes advantage of college defenses weaknesses they are going to run it for self preservation.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's a simple point i was making--McNabb, at the tail end of his career, went to Wash and made a bad offense better.  

"Finding" a good QB to me doesn't mean hiring one that was already pretty good (Alex Smith or even Vick).  McNabb was an easy "find" as the number 2 pick in the draft.

But hey, if Reid can win a playoff game with Mahomes this season, I will hail him as a QB guru.

You are looking at things in retrospect and acting like decisions that panned out were obvious decisions that any boob could have made, the bottom line is that Reid always did good in identifying QB talent both at his backup position and his starting position. I think it Reid can get to the playoffs with Mahomes (who is starting his first full season) It will further prove how good Reid is at identifying QB talent. 

On 8/4/2018 at 9:55 AM, NewEra said:

how many points do you get for that in a game?

On 8/4/2018 at 1:15 PM, Mr. WEO said:

I'll take a good QB any which way but loose.  Just get one here someway somehow.

23 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

how many points do you get for that in a game?

I'll take a good QB any which way but loose.  Just get one here someway somehow.

It doesn’t take you any.  Read what I was relying to.  K thx

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/patrick-mahomes-has-near-perfect-day-in-last-camp-practice-before-preseason/amp/

24-25, only incompletion was a drop.  Good thing the Chiefs didn’t cut him after the first day of camp.  

Stop overreacting to practices!!! :)

This is pretty much a walk though in shorts.  This wasn't an 11 on 11 or even 7 on 7....it was a drill.

Mahomes’ only incompletion during team drills was a drop from Demarcus Robinson who is usually pretty sure-handed. Now obviously we have to call this like it is. The Chiefs were in shorts, in an abbreviated practice that amounted to pretty much a dry-run for Thursday’s preseason kickoff.

On 8/4/2018 at 12:37 PM, Jay_Fixit said:

He has a nice arm.

Thats it.

Why was he leaving the pocket without a pass rush?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

This is pretty much a walk though in shorts.  This wasn't an 11 on 11 or even 7 on 7....it was a drill.

Fans overreact to this stuff all the time here.  We are going nuts for Allen competing passes in 1 on 1s.  

The whole point is it’s practice.  Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith basically were drunk all training camp and never practiced.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fans overreact to this stuff all the time here.  We are going nuts for Allen competing passes in 1 on 1s.  

The whole point is it’s practice.  Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith basically were drunk all training camp and never practiced.

I understand that it's an overreaction...but why reply with an overreaction yourself?