Mahomes Struggling in Camp

H2o

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know your whole gimmick is starting pointless arguments but man, what a bunch of ? you just posted.

1). McNabb was a raw qb when he was drafted.  He posted better numbers than Jim Kelly.  In his last season in Philly, he went 10-4, threw 22 tds to 10 ints.  In his next year in Washington, he threw 14 tds and 15 ints and his career was essentially over.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McNaDo00.htm

2). Another lie.  Jeff Garcia, who was 36, went 5-1, threw 10 tds to 2 ints, and had the second best QB rating of his career.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GarcJe00.htm

3). Vick broke 60% passing for the first time in his career in Philly,  threw for 21 tds (most in his career), 6 ints, and had 100 qb rating (by far the highest in his career.  Stop lying.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

4). Harbaugh unlocked Smith’s potential to the tune of 17 tds(1 below his career of 18 in SF)!!! Under Reid, smith posted td totals of 23, 20, 18, 15, & 26.  He also just posted his best QB rating of his career last year. I will bet you money it goes down in Washington.

how did Reid hurt you?  Because it makes you post some stupid things.  He sucks at clock management and hasn’t gotten over the hump in the playoffs.  But it is flat out dumb to say he isn’t a good offensive/ qb coach.

Raw QB?  He was the number 2 pick in the draft.  He was Offensive Player of the Year in the Big East every year at Syracuse.  He was in the end of a long successful career but the time he went to Washington where he still brought a crappy team to a top 10 offense.

Garcia..."another lie"?    You're arguing that Garcia, after dominating the CFL, then taking over for Young in Sf, where he was a 3 time Pro Bowler, and who had the same "QB rating" in Tampa after he left Philly......was somehow made/improved/something/something over 6 GAMES with Andy Reid??  This is laughable.  This is the definition of posting "stupid things".

Vick was a star in this league well before he went to prison.  You might be too young to remember that.  His limitations were mainly his accuracy.  His performance declined every year after his first in Philly ("QB rating").

Yes, Harbaugh.  I was quoting Reid himself.  He said Harbaugh made Smith a SB caliber QB.  

Why would Reid have to "hurt" me to point out the your poor grasp of the above?

You flatter yourself.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Alex Smith with a career high18 tds was a STAR!!!  Mike Vick was a GREAT PASSER before prison!!!  McNabb was a finished product despite completing under 60% and never having more than 2,500 passing yards in college!!!

Jay_Fixit >>>>>> Andy Reid!!!

I’ve never witnessed someone standing in their own shoulders to feel tall but I imagine that’s what you’re doing.

Number 2 pick, 3 established veterans, all of which either had success before Reid and maintained their success after Reid, or got worse with him.

You got nothing. And you probably smell like feet.

QB GURU!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy brushed off concerns over first-year starter Patrick Mahomes tossing a handful of interceptions during training camp.

First time NFL OC (and career RB coach) says his overdrafted inexperienced franchise QB is just fine.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your word over his and Reid's of course.   

Not my word.  Just pointing out the circumstances under which the OC's comment was made.

Reid dumped his best QB without knowing if the replacement is as good or better.  He's whistling past the graveyard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Not my word.  Just pointing out the circumstances under which the OC's comment was made.

Reid dumped his best QB without knowing if the replacement is as good or better.  He's whistling past the graveyard.

No. He's taking a calculated risk based on his knowledge of QBs at the NFL level to propel his team beyond the plateau of Smith's inability to lead the team to a deep playoff run with multiple 1st round exits. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. He's taking a calculated risk based on his knowledge of QBs at the NFL level to propel his team beyond the plateau of Smith's inability to lead the team to a deep playoff run with multiple 1st round exits. 

So now you are saying that Alex Smith, who in 5 playoff games with KC completed 65% of his passes and had 9 TDs on 2 ints and a rating of 96...was the reason for the Chiefs playoff futility under Andy Reid?

Reid's poor playoff game management in KC is a secret only to you. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So now you are saying that Alex Smith, who in 5 playoff games with KC completed 65% of his passes and had 9 TDs on 2 ints and a rating of 96...was the reason for the Chiefs playoff futility under Andy Reid?

Reid has to own his share of the blame, but if you boil Smith's performance down to numbers then you need to take another look.  Of course Reid continues to be one of your favorites along with Shady. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Reid has to own his share of the blame, but if you boil Smith's performance down to numbers then you need to take another look.  Of course Reid continues to be one of your favorites along with Shady. 

You're the one who enjoys the numbers...well one number anyway (QB rating).  Even that was better for Smith when he was in playoff games in SF.

I'm not totally with WEO on Andy Reid, but he is 100% right on Alex Smith. It was Harbaugh who rescued his career and rebuilt him mentally.  I think he also showed Smith what kind of Quarterback he needed to be in the NFL. Until Harbaugh arrived in San Fran I don't think Alex Smith had an identity as an NFL Quarterback.  The mobile distributor who takes the easy throws and keeps the chains moving only really became his style once he was working with Harbaugh.  Before that he had tried everything - being a runner, being a deep ball thrower, being a classic west coast timing thrower. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not totally with WEO on Andy Reid, but he is 100% right on Alex Smith. It was Harbaugh who rescued his career and rebuilt him mentally.  I think he also showed Smith what kind of Quarterback he needed to be in the NFL. Until Harbaugh arrived in San Fran I don't think Alex Smith had an identity as an NFL Quarterback.  The mobile distributor who takes the easy throws and keeps the chains moving only really became his style once he was working with Harbaugh.  Before that he had tried everything - being a runner, being a deep ball thrower, being a classic west coast timing thrower. 

This is true. 

My point was to challenge the notion that Reid was some creator of QBs, or a "guru".

McNabb wasn't a good example to challenge my point, I think.  And Garcia was probably the worst argument someone could have made for Reid's QB magic.

• Haha (+1) 1

Not to detract from the Reid argument that appears to have taken over this thread, but I think people are making a bigger deal out of the Mahomes INTs than it should be. Rodgers has also thrown 7 INTs in 5 practices and he's a pretty decent QB IMO.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You're the one who enjoys the numbers...well one number anyway (QB rating).  Even that was better for Smith when he was in playoff games in SF.

You have me confused with someone else.  Numbers like QB rating only tell part of the story. 

Andy Reid has only led a top 10 scoring offense 11 times!!! Why not 12 or 13?  If I had to blindly trust someone on qbs and offense, I would definitely go with the Bills and Bills fans over Reid’s.  Clearly, we have the far superior track record!

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Not to detract from the Reid argument that appears to have taken over this thread, but I think people are making a bigger deal out of the Mahomes INTs than it should be. Rodgers has also thrown 7 INTs in 5 practices and he's a pretty decent QB IMO.

The problem is it’s an overreact to society.  Reporting on training camp is both awesome and completely stupid.  You are supposed to make mistakes in camp. 

Since I kind of started this, my thoughts on Reid is that he has not shown much as a HC. As an offensive coach maybe, but that's not his job anymore.  And I still think ridiculous that a some people here talk up Mahomes and talk down Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Reid has to shoulder his share of the blame, no doubt.  I think I've never heard Tony Dungy be so blunt about a coach on air.

Alex Smith had a career year last year, but it's been discussed here by Zerovoltz and others who watch KC that in general, Smith's QB DNA is a lot closer to Tyrod Taylor than people who just look at last year's gaudy numbers may think.  The emergence of Tyreek Hill gave them a great deep threat, but Smith otherwise still tends to bail out of the pocket too soon and miss his progressions under pressure, sometimes phantom pressure.  Through most of his time in KC, Smith has been a 7 ypa, 220 ypg guy.

The Chiefs are taking the "Good is the enemy of Great" approach in moving on from him in favor of Mahomes, who they were apparently watching for years. 

The Redskins are banking on last year's career year for Smith being the "new normal", and Smith being just as good or better than Cousins only cheaper.

Time will tell who's right.