Difference again between Pats and Bills

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

is that the crowning memory  bubble of your fandom for the Bills?

No, that would be sitting in the stands with my father during The Comeback.  But after seventeen years of no playoffs, 9-7 with a playoff birth isn't too shabby.  I mean damn, do you consider anything but a Super Bowl win a bad season?  Good lord...prior to last season people were just praying for a playoff birth.  We get it, and the first thing some fans do is start crapping all over it.  ?

When I said the difference again between the Pats and Bills I should have added the word organization, but I thought

that was implied and the word was not needed.

Was it really necessary to point out Tom Brady vs our QBs. The mistakes this organization has made for years and

continues to make never stops and it starts at the head down.

Our owners wife I'm sure is a very smart and sweet woman, but no one can tell me she has no influence on what

happens with the Bills. We have a GM and Coach who could not get these positions in there NFL careers. The

Coach like the previous one is a Defensive minded Coach and he has done a good job on that side of the ball,

but coming on last year and sending away Watkins, Woods and Goodwin who ALL had better years than anyone

we have at WR is why we are in our situation at WR now. And don't talk about next year. We are going to be 

playing for 2018, not 2019 hopefully.

Just remember, you don't quit on talent, like the BIlls did.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

When I said the difference again between the Pats and Bills I should have added the word organization, but I thought

Was it really necessary to point out Tom Brady vs our QBs. The mistakes this organization has made for years and

Our owners wife I'm sure is a very smart and sweet woman, but no one can tell me she has no influence on what

happens with the Bills. We have a GM and Coach who could not get these positions in there NFL careers. The

Coach like the previous one is a Defensive minded Coach and he has done a good job on that side of the ball,

but coming on last year and sending away Watkins, Woods and Goodwin who ALL had better years than anyone

we have at WR is why we are in our situation at WR now. And don't talk about next year. We are going to be 

I would like to buy Dark Souls III.  I don't have the money to buy it.  Next paycheck I'll have plenty of cash to get it.  According to you, I should find an orifice to pull some cash out and buy it now.  Don't talk to you about next paycheck!  Finances don't matter!  My mindset should be play now!

The Bills are up against the cap this season.  There was absolute no way McBeane was going to fix all the holes on the team in one offseason.  The team was a mess.  The plan is simple, beef up the defense this season and try to win games leaning on it, like we did last year.  Then, when the season is done, they'll go after offensive talent in the draft and free agency since they'll be out from under salary cap hell.  The fact there is a salary cap invalidates your arguement.  How are we supposed to pay these offensive free agents?  Monopoly money?  I.O.U.s?  Warm smiles?

You cannot take the team McBeane inherited, with the cap hell it had, and turn it into a Super Bowl contender in a single offseason.  You want to complain about them running the team into the ground?  Let's check the evidence, not speculation.  One season.  9-7.  First playoff birth in seventeen years.  Yeah, you're right, these guys are ruining our formerly mediocre club by having the audacity of making them a playoff team.  They're obviously terrible at their jobs and should be replaced by Rex and Whaley immediately!  ?

• Thank you (+1) 2

Salary Cap or no Salary Cap, this is not a destination for free agents.

1. Most top players in the draft come from warm weather states-Florida, Alabama, Texas, California etc., not

Conn. Rhode Island, North Dakota Montana, etc. and playing in good weather they do not want to go on the

field with snow cleats, mittens, and thermal underwear.

2.Most guys want to play for a chance at the Super Bowl. This team is nowhere near it now or the future

without new management. Football people with proven track record.

3. When they get off the field these young guys (under 35) want to fun as they have money to spend.

Do they want to  spend their time in the warm whether at  Disney World or sitting in a bar

on Allen Street getting abused by fans.

4. New York State has the highest tax rate in the country. The practically the only free agents you will get here

can't go anywhere else or are wished up or half crippled, and why were we in cap hell. Since Bill Polian left,

who has been running things.

Enjoy the football, and I hope I am wrong but don't expect much, the next few years.

3 minutes ago, The Process said:

Comparison:

Pats cheat.....Bills don't.  Wow that was easy.

***mic drop***?

On 8/4/2018 at 3:30 AM, Foreigner said:

1. Most top players in the draft come from warm weather states-Florida, Alabama, Texas, California etc., not

Conn. Rhode Island, North Dakota Montana, etc. and playing in good weather they do not want to go on the

2.Most guys want to play for a chance at the Super Bowl. This team is nowhere near it now or the future

3. When they get off the field these young guys (under 35) want to fun as they have money to spend.

Do they want to  spend their time in the warm whether at  Disney World or sitting in a bar

4. New York State has the highest tax rate in the country. The practically the only free agents you will get here

can't go anywhere else or are wished up or half crippled, and why were we in cap hell. Since Bill Polian left,

Enjoy the football, and I hope I am wrong but don't expect much, the next few years.

Bye felicia

Wait, wait, wait.  So which is it?  Is it that McBeane and the orginization are terrible for not bringing in free agents?  Or is it FA don't want to come here?  If things are as bad as you just posted, how can you rip the front office for not bringing FAs in?  That's like saying..."Nobody will ever want to come here!  Ever!  Beane sucks for not getting people in here!"  You...can't have it both ways.

Lets be honest, you hate the coach, owners and GM.  You hate the moves they've made.  And this thread was an excuse to rant about them some more.  The problem is, despite all the problems you list, and moves you question, they got to 9-7 and made the playoffs for the first time in seventeen years...in their first year!  Those are the only proven facts so far.  Rest is speculation.  If you really believe what you type, then just be patient.  If you're right, this team will collapse, and the orginization's mistakes will be exposed.  At that point, the proof will be on the field, and you will have evidence to back up your claim.

Until then, you are rallying against McBeane, who's first season with the Bills has been the team's most successful in the entire 21st century.  That's a tough battle to sell.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2018 at 1:43 PM, Foreigner said:

The point is ts not whether Decker is any good now, but the Pats have tried, just like they tried with

Hogan and Gilleslee recently. He did have talent at one time.

Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself now

53 minutes ago, Kelly101 said:

I kind of like the bills philosophy lately, why bother with WR's?

So far there's no one to throw to them, and i'm very very concerned

about the oline.

Then maybe you should watch another team this season and come back in 2019 when the team has more cap space and Beane loads up on WRs and offensive linemen.

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Then maybe you should watch another team this season and come back in 2019 when the team has more cap space and Beane loads up on WRs and offensive linemen.

Ouch you really showed him!  

On 8/2/2018 at 9:51 PM, Foreigner said:

Kim Pegula's gender is irrelevant to her ability to be a competent NFL owner.    I don't  object to a defensive minded HC.  I object to a HC who seems to be the philosophical reincarnation of Dick Jauron. I object to a HC/GM who seem to treat the offense as an afterthought ... or something nasty they stepped in. 

What I really object to, though, is a GM who seems to share same philosophy as Russ Brandon (the guy who hired him).  IMO, that's the real problem with the Bills organization: it's still operating under Brandon's philosophy (which was Ralph Wilson's as well) that puts profits before wins.  The Bills seem to still be unwilling to pay the quality young veterans they draft and develop, so the revolving door of repeatedly using high draft picks to replace young vets who leave continues and prevents the Bills from adding the pieces they need to compete with teams like the Pats.  I object to a HC/GM who seem to treat the offense as an afterthought ... or something nasty they stepped in.    I object to a FO that sheds talented veterans and replaces them with busts and never weres and pretends the guys they grab out of the trash are "just as good" as the solid NFLers who left.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:28 PM, The Red King said:

I would like to buy Dark Souls III.  I don't have the money to buy it.  Next paycheck I'll have plenty of cash to get it.  According to you, I should find an orifice to pull some cash out and buy it now.  Don't talk to you about next paycheck!  Finances don't matter!  My mindset should be play now!

The Bills are up against the cap this season.  There was absolute no way McBeane was going to fix all the holes on the team in one offseason.  The team was a mess.  The plan is simple, beef up the defense this season and try to win games leaning on it, like we did last year.  Then, when the season is done, they'll go after offensive talent in the draft and free agency since they'll be out from under salary cap hell.  The fact there is a salary cap invalidates your arguement.  How are we supposed to pay these offensive free agents?  Monopoly money?  I.O.U.s?  Warm smiles?

You cannot take the team McBeane inherited, with the cap hell it had, and turn it into a Super Bowl contender in a single offseason.  You want to complain about them running the team into the ground?  Let's check the evidence, not speculation.  One season.  9-7.  First playoff birth in seventeen years.  Yeah, you're right, these guys are ruining our formerly mediocre club by having the audacity of making them a playoff team.  They're obviously terrible at their jobs and should be replaced by Rex and Whaley immediately!  ?

Bills fans ALWAYS have excuses for why the Bills can't compete.   How come the Bills are supposedly up against the capAGAIN when they're NOT paying a franchise QB or a franchise edge rusher?  All they have is a marquee RB and a nice pass catching TE.   If they've got too much "dead cap" money on the books, then maybe the organization needs to look at how their supposed "cap expert" designs contracts ... and why they need to trade away talent veterans.

Excuse me, but this is total nonsense.   The last time I looked Minnesota, Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Denver, and the New York City metro hardly qualify as "warm weather cities".  Nor has New York State's supposedly "highest tax rate tax rate in the country" discouraged many multimillionaires from living in New York City and its suburbs.   This is simply political propaganda used as another excuse for the Bills failure to be competitive in the NFL.  Winning organizations attract FAs, not climate or attractions or taxes.

39 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Well, Beane just added a WR.  So tell me, what was that difference again? ?

The Bills added a bust who wasn't good enough to make the Cleveland Browns, and you're pretending they acquired an All Pro?  Maybe your fellow Beane/McDermott fan boys buy that cago but not everybody is as gullible as you are.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:18 AM, SoTier said:

In case you haven't noticed, any criticism of McDermott and Beane is not allowed by the TBD Fanboys.  

The Bills appear to be noticeably disinterested in improving either their WRs or their OLers via the waiver wire, which is, and always has been, a common means for teams to improve weak units.  The Bills have brought in numerous defensive players before TC looking for the proverbial "diamonds in the rough", so they obviously do believe in trying out FAs.  It also makes their not looking at players to possibly improve their worse two units speaks volumes about the Bills priorities ... that offense doesn't matter.

What does it appear like now?