Favorite Mexican dish:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has traveled to México and actually has eaten Mexican food, although is made by mexicans there is comparison.

For example: tamales are almost innumerable variety also with chiles rellenos, this is a typical plate from august-september in Puebla "chile  en nogada"  is filled with a specific kind of apples, peach, pear, almond, pork and beef bathed in nut sauce, garnished with pomegranate and parsley.

images.jpeg

Just now, poblano said:

Someone has traveled to México and actually has eaten Mexican food, although is made by mexicans there is comparison.

For example: tamales are almost innumerable variety also with chiles rellenos, this is a typical plate from august-september in Puebla "chile  en nogada"  is filled with a specific kind of apples, peach, pear, almond, pork and beef bathed in nut sauce, garnished with pomegranate and parsley.

images.jpeg

Oh my sweet baby jesus that sounds good.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Technically it's Lebanese. 

Answer is pozole. Or Tijuana street vendor cat tacos at 3AM as you stumble back across the border in a pinch.

Okay... Then I will go with carne asada gorditas...

Anybody showing any love for menudo?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Excellent choice. For me it is Mezcal, but Tequila is a close second.

So, Margaritas! ??

The worm worked me over one night in Tijuauna.I was the idiot that got stuck with the last shot in the bottle..they served it with a shot of tomato juice. "T and T".

47 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

The worm worked me over one night in Tijuauna.I was the idiot that got stuck with the last shot in the bottle..they served it with a shot of tomato juice. "T and T".

Could have been worse, could have been one with a scorpion in it.

This burrito at Mad Taco (forgot the name).  It has smoked spicy pork, el pastor, and deep fried pork belly with rice, beans, cilantro and pico.  I ask for it “wet” which isn’t on the menu, but that means it is topped with enchalada sauce, queso, and a verde sauce.  Eat it with a fork and knife.  Bangin!!!

Wash is down with a pint of Hill Farmstead Edward IPA.