It May Be Time To Think Big With The Bills

1 hour ago, eball said:

The Pegulas have made a number of mistakes, and they'd admit it themselves.  It takes a an awfully dark-minded, cold perspective not to see the positive trend for both organizations at this point, however.

Sorry, but the Pegulas lost me as a supporter when they not only kept Russ Brandon as president of the Bills, but promoted him to head honcho of both the Bills and Sabres.  Brandon's claim to fame before coming to the Bills was the dismantling of the MLB Florida Marlins the season after they won the WS ... but increasing profitability by cutting payroll.  Brandon's record as Bills' boss was all of 2 winning seasons in the last 12 years and 1 lucky playoff appearance while keeping the Bills notably profitable.  That merits a promotion only if profitability counts more than winning.

I'll believe that the Bills have made winning rather than profits their top priority when I see them start winning regularly ... and so many of their best players aren't going off to help NE, New Orleans, Seattle, and Philadelphia win Super Bowls because the Bills wouldn't pay them what they were worth.

Edited by SoTier

45 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Sorry, but the Pegulas lost me as a supporter when they not only kept Russ Brandon as president of the Bills, but promoted him to head honcho of both the Bills and Sabres.  Brandon's claim to fame before coming to the Bills was the dismantling of the MLB Florida Marlins the season after they won the WS ... but increasing profitability by cutting payroll.  Brandon's record as Bills' boss was all of 2 winning seasons in the last 12 years and 1 lucky playoff appearance while keeping the Bills notably profitable.  That merits a promotion only if profitability counts more than winning.

I'll believe that the Bills have made winning rather than profits their top priority when I see them start winning regularly ... and so many of their best players aren't going off to help NE, New Orleans, Seattle, and Philadelphia win Super Bowls because the Bills wouldn't pay them what they were worth.

You're harboring a lot of unhealthy baggage, my man.  You need to loosen up and enjoy what's going on.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, eball said:

Is this post satire?  I hope it's satire.

God, I hope not.  Levy lost us four Super Bowls, Kelly partied too much, and Polian couldn't even get along with the owner!

.....we could always bring back Buddy, Whaley, Brandon and Rex to lead us to the promised land if McBeane & McD really suck at what they're doing, right???......

1 minute ago, eball said:

You're harboring a lot of unhealthy baggage, my man.  You need to loosen up and enjoy what's going on.

Which is why when the Bills devolve into their usual sucky selves on offense, I bail.  It's why I no longer have seasons.  I never walked out early of a Bills game until the Jauron era.  They were unwatchable.  Sometimes the Bills since then have been almost as bad.

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Which is why when the Bills devolve into their usual sucky selves on offense, I bail.  It's why I no longer have seasons.  I never walked out early of a Bills game until the Jauron era.  They were unwatchable.  Sometimes the Bills since then have been almost as bad.

YOUR POSTS ARE SUCKY .PLEASE BAIL NOW.  PLEASE WALK OUT EARLY. 

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Most of this depends on Allen.

Jesus Christ Shaw.

The Bills go 9-7 and break the drought and all of a sudden Beane, McDermott and Allen are the next Levy, Polian, and Kelly? 

I said they're the best combination at those three positions SINCE Kelly, Polian and Levy.   I didn't say they were the next anything. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Based on what exactly? 

Hopeful optimism.

I wanna believe that that triplet is the end to the Bills problems, but let's just wait and see.

I once thought that JP Losman was promising. How stupid was I?

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Based on what exactly? 

Really?   Are you kidding?

Allen is BY FAR the most talented QB on the team since Kelly.   Bledsoe was the only thrower who's even in the conversation, and Bledsoe was a statue compared to Allen.  

McDermott is the only coach to take the Bills to the playoffs in that period - well, wait, who was the coach for the Music City Miracle?   Whoever that coach was had Flutie and Johnson as QBs, and they don't compare to Allen.   

Beane is on top of his game.   If nothing else, he is BY FAR more in sync with his HC than any previous GM.   He also has shown himself to be masterful at his maneuvers.   Whether you like his deals or not, he always gets good value.  Not every deal works out, but that's true for any GM.  

If you don't agree, name one coach/GM/QB combo that was better.   Manuel and who?   Fitzpatrick and Nix?   Donahoe, Gregg Williams and Bledsoe are the only ones who are close, and Donahoe dumped Bledsoe for Losman.    

39 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Really?   Are you kidding?

Allen is BY FAR the most talented QB on the team since Kelly.   Bledsoe was the only thrower who's even in the conversation, and Bledsoe was a statue compared to Allen.  

McDermott is the only coach to take the Bills to the playoffs in that period - well, wait, who was the coach for the Music City Miracle?   Whoever that coach was had Flutie and Johnson as QBs, and they don't compare to Allen.   

Beane is on top of his game.   If nothing else, he is BY FAR more in sync with his HC than any previous GM.   He also has shown himself to be masterful at his maneuvers.   Whether you like his deals or not, he always gets good value.  Not every deal works out, but that's true for any GM.  

If you don't agree, name one coach/GM/QB combo that was better.   Manuel and who?   Fitzpatrick and Nix?   Donahoe, Gregg Williams and Bledsoe are the only ones who are close, and Donahoe dumped Bledsoe for Losman.    

AsI have said many times before........... McDermott has been on the two Josh's since he took over as HC in 2017. As it turned out he likes Allen better than Rosen.

I have always loved Allen's talent myself, since I have basically watched every game he played at Wyoming. His arm alone is in Namath's class as one of the strongest ever.

But let's be fair, comparing Allen to anything is foolhardy, as he has yet to take a real snap in the NFL.

And I give McDermott credit for not losing the locker last year when he benched Taylor for an OBVIOUSLY not ready QB in Peterman and shoved him out there to the wolves.

Beane still has work to do, but what if Darnold turns into a star and Allen struggles? Beane will be crucified and eventually out of here.

This triplet has just begun here and while the arrow is certainly pointed up, I am.not ready to say these are better than anybody the Bills have had in the recent past. They just don't have the body of work. I'll wait till they get that body of work to judge em.