It May Be Time To Think Big With The Bills

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Bills record the last 4 years is 33-31. People act like we are a laughing stock. If the Bills ever get a QB to play at a decently high level, who knows what could happen..

People talk better about the Browns. What's their 4 year record, I wonder?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For some reason I thought this thread was going to be about their WRs. They seem to be going with the size at the position similar to the Jets in 2015 with Marshall, Decker, enunwa.

Our WR are huge. Benamin, Holmes, Streater, Dupre are all over 6'2'." however, are any of them fast?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

It rather amazes me that in the past few weeks I've seen the word "foment" used and spelled properly multiple times on a board that collectively can't discern between "your" and "you're."

foment... isn’t that what they do to make alcohol?

My enthusiasm for next several years may not match the OP but I do feel we are on the right track.  7 win seasons +/- 2 will be in our past.  I think we can achieve 10 win seasons regularly going forward +/- 2.  Going on a Patriot-like run is unrealistic.   I’m thinking more in-line with the Saints or Packers or even the Ravens.  Strong seasons year in and year out and hopefully 1 magical season where we win it all.  I’d take that in a heartbeat. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It rather amazes me that in the past few weeks I've seen the word "foment" used and spelled properly multiple times on a board that collectively can't discern between "your" and "you're."

I thought it was yourn

• Haha (+1) 1

I am by nature an optimist.  I look with rose colored glasses at what might be.  Yet I recognize the "ifs" I see all over the place as questions that must be answered and obstacles that have to be overcome if that bright future is to be  realized.  I am hopeful that the Bills will match or beat their 2017 win total in 2018 and make the playoffs again.  But certainly the team needs to answer questions to make it happen.  Some are expecting an awful offensive line this year.   We lost two solid starters, arguably the best two offensive linemen from the line last year.  Can Dawkins continue to develop and serve as a leader for the line this year.  Ducasse was OK last year.  Can he get better?  Who's going to be the center?  Can Miller rediscover his rookie success?  Is Mills still the best we got at right tackle?  There may be encouraging answers to just about all those questions, but national media personalities aren't paid to look for or assume the encouraging answers.  I'm optimistic that there are players with talent at WR, but anybody with half a brain can figure out that Buffalo doesn't have a bunch of established stars or hot shot high draft picks at WR.  To be successful, we will need some no name types to step up and make meaningful contributions.  I don't know if it's Reilly or Dupre or Foster who's going to surprise, but somebody needs to.  No matter how good they are, Benjamin and Kerley aren't going to be able to do it all by themselves from the WR spot.  Whether it ends up being McCarron, Peterman or Allen, the QB question is huge and regardless of who gets named as the starter, the question of how good he can be this year isn't going to get answered in the preseason.  Even Edmunds comes with questions.  Can he really handle defensive play calling and make the plays he needs to as MLB in McDermott's defense at 20 years old?  That's asking a lot.  

Yeah, I'm optimistic, but I know I'm hoping for positive answers to a whole bunch of questions.

Edited by TigerJ
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Maybe the offensive line is not as bad as people thought.

Maybe the receivers could turn into something (sounded pretty good today).

Maybe Buffalo really HAS found their next franchise QB

Did Buffalo really just steal the possible rookie of the year in Edmunds?

There are still a lot of ifs here but looking into next year with no cap issues, tons to spend, and another draft to bolster the O, I am starting to think that the Bills could be on a roll as the Patriots eventually drop back down to Earth. I could not be happier with our coach and GM and contrary to past years when it was nothing but garbage as far as the eye could see, this team seems like it finally has an eye on building a champion. I'm fired up

Ahhhh, these threads. They always spring up this time of year, don't they?

2 hours ago, MJS said:

People talk better about the Browns. What's their 4 year record, I wonder?

11-53

The Bills have won 33 games in the last 4 years, the Browns have won 34 games over the last 9 years.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Well, most people who follow the sport closely and are not Buffalo Bills fans think we will win about 4 games this year.  So there's that. 

If Allen defies the odds and is a hit, we could be on the brink of something special.

If he is a miss as anticipated by most, we're in no different position than usual.

The organization, as a whole, is definitely more sound right now than it has been in a long time.  I've been saying that since the beginning with McBeane on board.

The franchise has been flushed clean, finally, and I do think the arrow, writ large, is pointing up.

How many of those people who followed the sport closely predicted the Bills in the playoffs in 2017? 

11 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

How many of those people who followed the sport closely predicted the Bills in the playoffs in 2017? 

Now see, you can't do that.  Don't you know it was a fluke?

Unless you want to talk about Tyrod - then he's an amazing QB that lead a team to the playoffs.  

• Haha (+1) 2

I like the optimism, but there will be a lot of growing pains early in the season, especially on offense.  On defense, Edmunds will also have to grow into the role of MLB, but he should be athletic enough to make up for a good chunk of his rookie mistakes.