Stefon Diggs signs extension

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Diggs and Thielen will have a field day against us.

Why do you say that???  Seriously please back that statement up?  Nothing more than a troll comment....yer good for that we all know that here.

29 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

How do the Vikings have any cap room left?

Cousins, Diggs, Reiff, Remmers, Griffen, Hunter, Rhodes, H. Smith, Richardson...how is it possible?

They are so loaded. They need to make a run this year.  

Before Diggs contract they are projected to have:

2018: $13m in cap space

2019: $17.8m in cap space

2020: $38m in cap space

In 2021 based on existing contracts and before Diggs they will already have $107m committed and only 16 players under contract.  The cap crunch is coming for them. They have been backloading and backloading and backloading.  But they have a window now and they are going hard for it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

What would you give up for him?  A 2019 1st and 2nd, a 2020 1st and Jerry Hughes?

He's a UFA next year. Why give up assets? 

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Barr be a great strong side LB to replace an aged Lorenzo Alexander in 2019!

Barr and Edmunds as jumbo LB's. I'd be shook if I was an opposing QB

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Great chance we're picking in the Top 10 next year and it's a strong DE class. I'm hoping for Bosa.

Agreed.  That's why, to me. it makes no sense when I see posters say that they would be willing to give up multiple 1sts for Mack when Bosa could very well be in play for us.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

How do the Vikings have any cap room left?

Cousins, Diggs, Reiff, Remmers, Griffen, Hunter, Rhodes, H. Smith, Richardson...how is it possible?

Probably the same reason why the Rams still have cap room left.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Probably the same reason why the Rams still have cap room left.

The Rams still have Goff on a rookie deal and had to let big money players like Watkins and Trumaine Johnson leave in FA, plus cut guys like Robert Quinn and Tavon Austin.

Minnesota just keeps on signing UFAs and their own FAs to huge money deals without hesitation or having to release anyone.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The Rams still have Goff on a rookie deal and had to let big money players like Watkins and Trumaine Johnson leave in FA, plus cut guys like Robert Quinn and Tavon Austin.

Minnesota just keeps on signing UFAs and their own FAs to huge money deals without hesitation or having to release anyone.

Barr has to go then right? Maybe thats why wrapped up Hunter?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea they might be forced to pony up for Benjamin even if he doesn't have a good year. 

Need Zay to really show something this year and even with that I think Beane will need to make a trade for a legitimate threat opposite Benjamin considering the lack of FA WRs and next years draft lacking the position as of right now.

Have to let the season play out though. 

I don't think that the Bills are going to pony up c $15m for Benjamin. Depending on our record at the trade deadline, we might see a Watkins type trade at that time. jmho