Stefon Diggs signs extension

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I always expected him to sign.  Never thought he was an option for Buffalo.  

Same, but I was HOPING he would hit the market so other WR options had a littleeeee less competition from teams as they focused their attention on signing him. WR market looks thinnnnnnnn

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Same, but I was HOPING he would hit the market so other WR options had a littleeeee less competition from teams as they focused their attention on signing him. WR market looks thinnnnnnnn

Yep. Our cap money next year needs to be spent on o-line because that is the only spot where the Bills have a genuine need and the FA class is likely to have major upgrades.  I expect us to sign one FA G/C and one FA tackle. Then possibly we could see them go the FA route for their next bellcow RB.... Bell and Coleman are almost certainly hitting the market and there is a reasonable chance that Ajayi does and David Johnson might depending on what Arizona see out of him this year off his injury.  

The other spots we have needs: TE, WR, CB (Vontae could extend), pass rusher.... the FA classes look relatively weak.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Our cap money next year needs to be spent on o-line because that is the only spot where the Bills have a genuine need and the FA class is likely to have major upgrades.  I expect us to sign one FA G/C and one FA tackle. Then possibly we could see them go the FA route for their next bellcow RB.... Bell and Coleman are almost certainly hitting the market and there is a reasonable chance that Ajayi does and David Johnson might depending on what Arizona see out of him this year off his injury.  

The other spots we have needs: TE, WR, CB (Vontae could extend), pass rusher.... the FA classes look relatively weak.  

big reason Beane held onto those draft picks next year

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

big reason Beane held onto those draft picks next year

I wouldn't be against him flipping a pick to someone for a wide receiver if one came available somewhere (either before the trade deadline or after the 2018 season). The one I have my eye on is TY Hilton. He will have two years on his deal after this season with $13m and $15m cap hits respectively. If the Colts are still rebuilding (and who knows with Luck's shoulder) or Hilton isn't quite the culture fit they are looking for..... could you send a 3rd maybe to Indy for him?  Buy yourself some space to find a receiver in the 2020 or 2021 draft rather than potentially being desperate for one in 2019 which allows you to get one of those stud D-linemen in 2019. It is one way of going about it.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't be against him flipping a pick to someone for a wide receiver if one came available somewhere (either before the trade deadline or after the 2018 season). The one I have my eye on is TY Hilton. He will have two years on his deal after this season with $13m and $15m cap hits respectively. If the Colts are still rebuilding (and who knows with Luck's shoulder) or Hilton isn't quite the culture fit they are looking for..... could you send a 3rd maybe to Indy for him?  Buy yourself some space to find a receiver in the 2020 or 2021 draft rather than potentially being desperate for one in 2019 which allows you to get one of those stud D-linemen in 2019. It is one way of going about it.  

Don't even get me excited about a trade like that. But Hilton for a 3rd? I think thats a bit of a stretch, rebuilding or not. 

would you give up our 2nd if thats what it took? 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

Don't even get me excited about a trade like that. But Hilton for a 3rd? I think thats a bit of a stretch, rebuilding or not. 

would you give up our 2nd if thats what it took? 

Possibly at the end of the year I would.  Would need to see what the draft class looked like at that point.  If I was sending a 2nd I'd want later pick back in return.  I am not that sure it is a stretch though.  He will be 29 by the end of the 2018 season.... the value for a 29 year old receiver isn't that high.  Could take a 2nd... might depend on his 2018 production.  

• Like (+1) 1

Leave some balls for “Hooked on a Thielen” (my fantasy team name)

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Power of the turtle. Good for him.

Urban Meyer wanted him to be a Buckeye so bad. He wanted to stay home. He was on a terrible team in college , but can’t argue with the results of today. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m curious how Beane values the wr position. Carolina didn’t pay wrs but they did pay Olsen. Kind of patriots like. Paid oline and rbs, d line and lbs and franchised Norman.  But did they ever have a wr that was worth it? Steve smith got big money but left cause of money.

3 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Diggs and Thielen will have a field day against us.

Agreed.  When I look at the Bills I can't think of any positions screaming more for help than our DBs.

EDIT:  As this is starting to become an issue, I'm being sarcastic.  I thought that was apparent.  Our DBs were great last year and should be just as strong or better this year. Obviously that wasn't clear enough, although I easily thought it would.

My apologies for expecting too much.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts