Bills Best Bargain in NFL

HarkinBanks

Would you pay $36 extra per ticket for two Super Bowl championships in last three years?

Ticket prices soar in NFL

September 7, 2004

CHICAGO (AP) -- The average ticket price for an NFL game this season will be more than $54, a 4.9 percent increase from 2003.

According to Team Marketing Report's annual survey, the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers had the biggest increases. The Falcons' average ticket price is up 26.2 percent to $43.71, while the NFC champion Panthers raised theirs 18 percent to $50.23.

Meanwhile, the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers, all 2003 division winners, did not raise prices. But the Patriots have the most expensive average price, $75.33.

Only the New Orleans Saints and Seattle Seahawks decreased ticket prices.

The Buffalo Bills, who last made the playoffs in 1999, are the best bargain with a $37.13 average ticket price.

The average cost for a family of four at an NFL game this season will be more than $300, according to the Fan Cost Index compiled by TMR. That's up 4.3 percent from 2003 and includes four tickets, two small beers, four small soft drinks, four hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs and two least-expensive, adult-size caps.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-n...ov=ap&type=lgns

Let's put it this way. I bought some tickets off of eBay -- 4th row, 20 yard line -- for around $90/each. When the Bills play the Vikes in the Metrodome, I paid around $55/each for nosebleed seats... And what have the Vikes done recently?

CW

Interesting about the Falcons.....Remember when Arthur Blank took over the team and lowered ticket prices and beer prices???

Now I see that price per seat is steadily increasing.

Talk about a sham...the guy goes out gets Vick, goes to the playoffs, then sells out every seat in the house for the next season and Vick goes down. The Falcs go on to a 5-11 season.

Then Vick comes back the following year and whaddyaknow...ticket prices are back up to where they use to be.

It's all a case of supply and demand. All of a sudden New England has a huge waiting list for season tickets due to their success and so therefore decided to raise the ticket prices.

I am fairly sure that the prices that New England is charging would never cut it in WNY. RW is still making a pretty penny at $37 a head.

It always bugs me when I see "Tabs" for attending games that include food and beer. First, you don't have to buy the damn over-priced crappy stuff. But more importantly, you DO have to eat. You would be spending money on food and drink if you weren't at the game. Why is this an extra cost? If you go out to any half-decent restaurant it would cost you more. If you buy a small steak and a bunch of other fixins at a grocery store and cooked it yourself, it would cost you what you spent at a game. That's such a bogus indicator, it's ridiculous.

And what have the Vikes done recently?

CW

20932[/snapback]

The Vikes are going to be a powerhouse this year......I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it all.