New Era Cap HIres Russ Brandon - The Company Reverses Course

Just now, qwksilver said:

or Under Armour. Prefer they stay private though....

I doubt Under Armour could beat Nike's buying power.   It's market cap is only $8.8 billion versus $124 billion for Nike.     Brandon's deep ties to NFL marketing partners will be a big plus when the New Era auction begins in a few years, so grab your popcorn...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I doubt Under Armour could beat Nike's buying power.   It's market cap is only $8.8 billion versus $124 billion for Nike.     Brandon's deep ties to NFL marketing partners will be a big plus when the New Era auction begins in a few years, so grab your popcorn...

Agreed. if a bidding war happened.

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

Agreed. if a bidding war happened.

The only hope would be if the Koch's aren't in it for the money.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahh.......

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Is this a legit possibility? I know money talks but new era has been around forever, I have to imagine they have received calls or even offers already

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

So what if they aren't? They're not going to breach multiple contracts and end their business relationship with New Era over Russ Brandon.

Nor should they. The timing of it just seems less than ideal. 

Oh well. New Era will need to comment on this eventually; the press isn’t just going to forget about it after the CEO hangs up on them a couple of times.

this news reminds me - there never was really any follow up news on the allegations following Brandon’s resignation, was there? 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'll bet anything that the Pegulas were given advanced notice of the hiring. 

One would hope so.

I don’t think we really know the “ratio” of how much his relationships “were” wrong vs “looked” wrong. I had a good guy who worked for me at a bank. He started dating a subordinate and they tried to be discreet for months. It became a little too clear to me, and they knew it. Rather than make a big deal of it, she found an equivalent position elsewhere. All was well in the world. 

They’ve been married 30+ years and I’m so happy for them. Not that you have to be married and live happily ever after, but they were adults and there was no coercion. Every situation should to be handled individually, but these days it’s just too hard to get past this stuff. 

I know nothing specific here, so maybe Russ deserves to be flogged, I don’t know. I just hate when the pendulum swings too far in either direction. 

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Russ Brandon, the former Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres president who was dismissed in May after an internal investigation into workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, has resurfaced at the Buffalo-based New Era Cap headwear company.

Two sources informed The Athletic that Brandon has been added to New Era’s executive team, although his role couldn’t be confirmed. Brandon is listed in the company’s dial-by-name phone directory.

Phoned about the hire Monday night, New Era CEO Chris Koch replied, “I’ve got no comment at this point” and hung up.

working at the concession stand.