Allen already a factor in QB race ?

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

He's starting? When did coach announce that?

It is a little early for that

but

One of them is not even in camp

One of them is having trouble being better then Tyrod Taylor

One of them is Josh Rosen........who is probably the most polished QB......but nobody knows how long he will last at the NFL level

53 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

He will start Game 1.  It is, and has always been, entirely about him.

Any suggestion to the contrary is ridiculous.

Unless he wasn't ready. I believe McDermott will start whoever gives us the best chance to win and if it's Allen even better but he will not put him in too early. 

I couldn't be happier that we finally have coach who is willing AND ABLE to do whatever it takes to win.

And for me personally I will never advocate tanking or losing for picks again because it doesn't work and if you're a good GM you can find good players anywhere.

I spent the last 18 years wanting the Bills to lose most years to get a better QB and or coach and it was a very miserable experience. From now on I'm going to want them to win no matter what and win or lose I'm going to enjoy this team A Lot more. It will be like rooting for your favorite college team and it going to be a blast.

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh no! It's the dreaded BB jinx!  

Yeah that Carson Wentz is horrible, jinx over baby!!

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that AJM is quietly having a solid camp

He is getting work with the ones and isnt falling on his face....even if he is dinking and dunking.

There is also some commentary that he is the best so far at making throws against pressure.......so there is that.

In the end...I think the qbs on this team will be Josh Allen and AJM

Agree with this.  Aj will do enough solid things to be the starter going into the season.  Allen will come in at some point late in the season to get experience.  Of course I'm hoping Allen just dominates camp and doesn't give the coaches a chance to put somebody else in but I'm thinking he will need the extra time.  

14 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Allen will be GOAT.

I think so. Screw anyone who says different. And the joy of just smearing **** in their faces throughout his career as he becomes GOAT will be sweet. And that starts this year! F em. F em all! Go Josh!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen or Peterman.

Although I want them to take their time and not throw him to the wolves, I voted Allen. Peterman and McCarron are not tough competition. They are not an entrenched starter. They are not franchise QBs.

Teams don't sit their first round QB unless they have an entrenched starter ahead of them.

If Tyrod was still on the team, I think it would be a different story.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Allen or Peterman.

If Tyrod was still on the team, I think it would be a different story.

Luckily, that's not our problem. Good luck Tyrod and the Browns. No ill will but I'm happy he's not our problem.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Man it feels good to have a franchise QB !!! Go Bills !!!

Agreed. I have been waiting since Kelly retired in 1996 for this. 21 years without a franchise QB. Josh Allen is the real deal and the QB in this draft. He is the best QB the NFL has had since Peyton Manning.

3 hours ago, bills6969 said:

He will get killed behind this oline anyway.

LOL. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs last year, but we did. This current OL is fine. Shady will have at least a 1,500 yard rushing season.

53 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Allen will be GOAT.

Agreed. I have not seen the Bills this hyped for a player since Jim Kelly arrived in 1986.

39 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

I think so. Screw anyone who says different. And the joy of just smearing **** in their faces throughout his career as he becomes GOAT will be sweet. And that starts this year! F em. F em all! Go Josh!

Agreed. Get on the Josh Allen bandwagon now, or don't bother later on. Go cheer for the Cheatriots or Dullphins.

Edited by greenyellowred

28 minutes ago, greenyellowred said:

Agreed. I have been waiting since Kelly retired in 1996 for this. 21 years without a franchise QB. Josh Allen is the real deal and the QB in this draft. He is the best QB the NFL has had since Peyton Manning.

Can't say that yet but I hope your right, he certainly has more physical talent that is for sure and if his mind can match then we will have the greatest of all time.

So far the news on Allen has been encouraging. Good! But let's remember that Kelly had played two seasons in the USFL before coming here and his first couple seasons here were nothing really special though we saw glimpses of what he would ultimately achieve here. So let's all sit back and not expect too much too soon from the kid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Been saying this all along, that Allen would beat out these other two guys. It's not much for competition really. Hopefully he shows well once the pads go on and the defense starts really getting after him. 

Exactly this.  Contrary to what some fans hope, McCarron is what he's been: a backup QB, and Peterman isn't necessarily even that good but neither has had enough game experience to be fully evaluated, which I think why they are on the Bills.  They haven't been totally proven duds but they aren't likely to challenge, much less embarrass, a rookie QB taken in the top ten.  The Bills never had any intention of sitting whatever first round QB they drafted for more than a few regular season games, so they "cleared the deck" by trading Taylor, passing on all of the FA QBs with starting experience, and finally signing McCarron well after almost all the other FA QBs were gone.

McCarron and Peterman are  not only "not much competition" for Allen, but I think that's how the Bills intended it to be well before they drafted him.  Whether that works out well for Josh Allen or the Bills in the long term remains to be seen.

4 hours ago, Paulus said:

Allen will be GOAT.

The GOAT of what?  Failed first round QBs?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m moving my chips that way. Still early but we know this regime has zero issue throwing rookie QBs out there if they think they are their best chance to win -  for better or for worse. 

And his competition is just not strong. 

Yeah, I’d rather have a Cassell or Kevin Kolb type that would definitely start the season.

it is very clear that Allen has more talent the AJ or Peterman and i have said this in the past, that if the offensive line can protect Allen let him play learn the speed of the nfl and make his mistakes and next year when we are in position to improve the o-line and spend some money on weapons for him, we will be way ahead of the curve!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, H2o said:

Been saying this all along, that Allen would beat out these other two guys. It's not much for competition really. Hopefully he shows well once the pads go on and the defense starts really getting after him. 

Agree. I don't think the other two are good. Allen is streets ahead talent wise. I maintain that even if he doesn't start week 1 he is the Quarterback in Green Bay week 4. 

• Like (+1) 1

As others have mentioned, I’m not so concerned who the starter is. I’ll Joey st want to see Allen improve and limit mistakes each day. That’s really all I’m hoping for this early. 

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I just want him to be consistant and get a little better each day.......

Anything more then that and the board will implode if he actually has a bad day

I should have read the thread, because it was already said. 

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

You can't win the job after day 3 with no pads.

No but you can lose it.  Allen is doing a little better than expected and the other two a little worse.  Even if Allen hands down wins the job I still think they should wait on the kid.  Sit him until the bye week I say.