So pumped for our national TV game vs. Cincinnati on August 26

@greenyellowred

I'll be watching every minute too and I'm relieved it'll be that much easier to watch being on national TV.  As dollars 2 donuts said - the knuckleheads making fun of you are hypocrites.  It's easy to let someone else jump out there and be excited for a pre-season game - wait to see if he gets made fun of - then pretend their not excited too.

I think we can compartmentalize pre-season excitement vs regular season.  I enjoy watching the position battles, new free agents, draft picks and to see if there's any insight on how the offense might look.   Any fan pretending they don't want to see Josh Allen throw is a liar - he's what ultimately makes this pre-season the most anticipated.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 9:04 PM, wagon127 said:

How many nationally televised preseason games of other teams do you plan on watching? I plan on watching zero. People will have this game on in the background, while they are drafting their fantasy team. Thats about it. Nobody cares.

Care to revise your statement now?

On 7/30/2018 at 4:21 AM, JMF2006 said:

Its pre season  I am sure all 10,000 fans will be in a real lather watching the 3rd and 4th stringers battle it out for a practice squad spot ;)

Yep, this game means nothing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
On 7/29/2018 at 10:41 PM, SNICE said:

“Like our Super Bowl”?? Seriously? It’s preseason. 18 yrs without playoffs gets you this excited about preseason game just because it’s actually on tv...... dude the streak ended last year.

Preseason or no preseason I am psyched about seeing Josh Allen make his first start.  Game 3 is the dress rehearsal for the regular season and we are going to see how Allen performs against what is traditionally a good defense under Marvin Lewis.  Allen has shown us a lot this preseason but now he has a chance to really silence all his critics for the time being with a good performance against what should be a harder than average test.  Allen is the highest the Bills have drafted a QB and with what we have had at the position since Kelly retired, it is perfectly understandable the fan excitement for this game.  I have been far more interested in this Bills preseason than anyone I can remember before and can't wait for the game today.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Yeah, they are the same naysayers in a lot of threads.

Your basic know-it-all that knows next to nothing. 

That said, things kind of came together for OP. 

I hope those naysayers all stick to their word and don't watch it... I'm pumped regardless. 

its-time-gif-6.gif

Edited by Paulus

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, greenyellowred said:

I just realized we are on national TV week 3 in the pre-season at home. We are the only game at this time slot and featured on Fox. That means the entire nation will be watchng us. The fans will be in a complete frenzy. This is also pre-season Week 3, when the starters usually play for the entire first half and usually the first series of the 2nd half. Cincinnati should start Andy Dalton, Preston Brown, and Cordy Glenn. Maybe even Tyler Boyd.

Do Dalton and Boyd getting standing ovations from the Bills fans?

I am so pumped for this game. My palms are already sweating. We haven't had a home national TV game since early in the 2016 season. I have not been so excited for a pre-season game ever. This is the chance to prove to the nation we are contenders and that last year was not a fluke. If we do well this game, there is a better chance to be flexed later on in the season. The pressure is on Josh Allen to perform (how can he not be the starter?) This is like our Super Bowl.

Are preseason home games still subject to blackout?

Well as it's going so far sorry you wasted all this time being pumped for this.  National televised games typically don't go over too well

1 hour ago, RFL said:

A typical Bills National TV performance.  Dunno what it is but thats when we always play our worst games.  Thankfully its preseason.

I think the Oline was saving their energy for Thursaday ;) 

Or maybe they want Peterman to start....they killed AJ last week and tried to kill JA today ;) 

BTW I was one of the 64,000 suckers eating $2.00 dogs and drinking $2.00 pop ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Oh No, we suck again.

If the O line plays like that this will be a long season and they will need to sign a 4th and 5th QB :(

No one is surviving behind those turnstiles. :(

21 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

Care to revise your statement now?

Yep, this game means nothing.

Nope, all people nationally cared about was the standing ovation of Andy Dalton. The idea that all eyes of the nation were tuned into this game, was just not true. The stadium had plenty of empty seats, where actual bills fans could have got in for $5.