So pumped for our national TV game vs. Cincinnati on August 26

@greenyellowred

no worries, green.  Just know that everyone who has responded and who will respond in this thread, including me, are the type of Bills fans that want to know which way Allen puts on his socks for training camp practices, and if it differs between morning and afternoon practices.

Dont trust th cavalier responses.  They will be glued to the tvs for especially the third preseason game and they DO care, like you, that it is a national audience.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

I just realized we are on national TV week 3 in the pre-season at home. We are the only game at this time slot and featured on Fox. That means the entire nation will be watchng us. The fans will be in a complete frenzy. This is also pre-season Week 3, when the starters usually play for the entire first half and usually the first series of the 2nd half. Cincinnati should start Andy Dalton, Preston Brown, and Cordy Glenn. Maybe even Tyler Boyd.

Do Dalton and Boyd getting standing ovations from the Bills fans?

I am so pumped for this game. My palms are already sweating. We haven't had a home national TV game since early in the 2016 season. I have not been so excited for a pre-season game ever. This is the chance to prove to the nation we are contenders and that last year was not a fluke. If we do well this game, there is a better chance to be flexed later on in the season. The pressure is on Josh Allen to perform (how can he not be the starter?) This is like our Super Bowl.

Are preseason home games still subject to blackout?

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

It seems that whenever we have a nationally televised game, the broadcasters love to show our fans making fools of themselves.  The "fan frenzy" thing can get out of control, and when that happens, we all look bad.  Not that we are bad, BUT, anytime Buffalo can be shown to be bad, it is.  I just never see fans from other teams depicted this way.

About 40+ years ago, we were on MNF, Howard was still in the booth, and some fool was hanging from a guy wire.  Now if something happens, you just know they'll edit some old tailgate stuff in, and make some stupid remark about the city/team.  I would prefer that the frenzy be deferred till AFTER we have something to cheer about. 

On 7/27/2018 at 7:48 PM, Another Fan said:

In recent years Tuel, Manuel, and Peterman have all looked promising in the pre season.  I really don’t put much stock in these games.

Im thinking the OP is just having some fun...

No. I do realize it is a pre-season game, but how can you not get stoked for national TV? The nation will be watching and is going to be judging us. We need to make an impression. And how often are the Bills on national TV? Enjoy it while you can.

Edited by greenyellowred
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, greenyellowred said:

No. I do realize it is a pre-season game, but how can you not get stoked for national TV? The nation will be watching and is going to be judging us. We need to make an impression. And how often are the Bills on national TV? Enjoy it while you can.

How many nationally televised preseason games of other teams do you plan on watching? I plan on watching zero. People will have this game on in the background, while they are drafting their fantasy team. Thats about it. Nobody cares.

48 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

How many nationally televised preseason games of other teams do you plan on watching? I plan on watching zero. People will have this game on in the background, while they are drafting their fantasy team. Thats about it. Nobody cares.

Preseason football sucks, and 4 games of it is outrageous.

I can see 1 or maybe 2, absolute tops, to help coaching staffs evaluate their own talent and figure out who they want to keep.

Anything more than that is absurd.

The goods news is that every year, those pre-season games come....and then they go away again, and then real football starts.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

Maybe you're slightly overstating a glorified scrimmage? The 'nation' could care less. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

Our last couple national TV games against the Jets haven't gone particularly well.  I'm more concerned with everyone being healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2018 at 4:32 AM, 8-8 Forever? said:

preseason should be 2 games max.  so boring; just a bunch of laundry running around running high school plays.  boring.  

Boring for us sure, but the 37 guys that won't make a 53 man roster, they're fighting for jobs. 

I like seeing the depth charts form out while hoping no injuries arise from it. It also slightly helps sway my fantasy drafts in terms of WR targets, how the #2 RB looks as a potential handcuff, etc.

My pats fans friends were telling me in 2007 Brady's first read on several preseason throws were Welker and that he could be a great bargain that year. Boy was he.

I am going to be in WNY that weekend and mentioned that even though it is a preseason game I was thinking of going. I have not been to a game there in over 20 years.

Looking forward to seeing all the improvements at the Ralph,   er… New Era. After I mentioned that I wanted to go to my family a bunch of them thought it would be fun, plus being a preseason game tickets were cheap on the NFL Ticket exchange, so 10 of us will be there

I know it is only a preseason game, but being the 3rd should give a decent idea as to how the Bills will look this year.

Plus it will be interesting to see the reception that Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd get

• Like (+1) 1

“Like our Super Bowl”?? Seriously? It’s preseason. 18 yrs without playoffs gets you this excited about preseason game just because it’s actually on tv...... dude the streak ended last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SNICE said:

“Like our Super Bowl”?? Seriously? It’s preseason. 18 yrs without playoffs gets you this excited about preseason game just because it’s actually on tv...... dude the streak ended last year.

I still have a loser mentality due to our performance in the mid-80's (1982-87) and during the drought And also losing 20 straight times to the Dullphins from 1970-79. It will take dominating the Patriots for 10-15 years to eliminate that. Or winning a SB. (Or a Sabres Stanley Cup.)

On 7/28/2018 at 4:54 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

@greenyellowred

no worries, green.  Just know that everyone who has responded and who will respond in this thread, including me, are the type of Bills fans that want to know which way Allen puts on his socks for training camp practices, and if it differs between morning and afternoon practices.

Dont trust th cavalier responses.  They will be glued to the tvs for especially the third preseason game and they DO care, like you, that it is a national audience.

:thumbsup:

Edited by greenyellowred

On 7/28/2018 at 4:57 AM, Steve Billieve said:

To be fair, game 3 of the preseason will be the preeminent test of how strong the kool-aid is.  And since we're Bills fans this will pretty much set the tone for the season.

IMO that idea is blown out of proportion a bit. Teams are still rather vanilla in game 3. It's really just the game where the starters see the most action. Not that there isn't anything we can gather from that game, but it's not so cut and dry "this is how they'll look/fare" this season. All teams approach preseason games a bit differently as well. Teams like Minnesota and Philly tend to play a bit more aggressively and with more onus on winning/setting a tone for their team in preseason games, while most others aren't as aggressively seeking wins.  

On 7/27/2018 at 10:29 PM, greenyellowred said:

I just realized we are on national TV week 3 in the pre-season at home. We are the only game at this time slot and featured on Fox. That means the entire nation will be watchng us. The fans will be in a complete frenzy. This is also pre-season Week 3, when the starters usually play for the entire first half and usually the first series of the 2nd half. Cincinnati should start Andy Dalton, Preston Brown, and Cordy Glenn. Maybe even Tyler Boyd.

Do Dalton and Boyd getting standing ovations from the Bills fans?

I am so pumped for this game. My palms are already sweating. We haven't had a home national TV game since early in the 2016 season. I have not been so excited for a pre-season game ever. This is the chance to prove to the nation we are contenders and that last year was not a fluke. If we do well this game, there is a better chance to be flexed later on in the season. The pressure is on Josh Allen to perform (how can he not be the starter?) This is like our Super Bowl.

Are preseason home games still subject to blackout?

This has got to be one of the most unintentionally hilarious posts I've read on the board in a while.

Edited by eball

On 7/28/2018 at 9:03 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

It seems that whenever we have a nationally televised game, the broadcasters love to show our fans making fools of themselves.  The "fan frenzy" thing can get out of control, and when that happens, we all look bad.  Not that we are bad, BUT, anytime Buffalo can be shown to be bad, it is.  I just never see fans from other teams depicted this way.

About 40+ years ago, we were on MNF, Howard was still in the booth, and some fool was hanging from a guy wire.  Now if something happens, you just know they'll edit some old tailgate stuff in, and make some stupid remark about the city/team.  I would prefer that the frenzy be deferred till AFTER we have something to cheer about. 

I'm pretty sure the broadcast team for all home preseason games will be local, even though it's televised nationally. It should be a Buffalo based network broadcast, so I doubt they'll show the rowdies. 

On 7/28/2018 at 11:21 PM, greenyellowred said:

because it's preseason and National TV does not mean as much as it used to as  it is much easier to watch any game you choose. The nation is going to be judging us?