Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Why in God's name would he come here?  Even if he did, you want to pay him more than what we paid for Mario?

Besides the painfully obvious fact that he obviously has a certain comfort level with the city??? 

If that's what it took. That's the one benefit to drafting a rookie QB who the FO intends to be the franchise QB- you have him essentially at a bargain price as far as QBs go for 5 years, so you spend that cap on elite talent at the positions that are difference makers - Pass rush, tackle, and corner.

2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

"BEANE!!!!! GET OVER THERE AND TALK TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- MAJBobby

Nope. Not unless you are able to unload DL contracts. Way to much $$$ tied into DL already 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope. Not unless you are able to unload DL contracts. Way to much $$$ tied into DL already 

It means nothing until we have to pay Allen if and when he pans out.  Those contracts will be expired or expiring within  a year by then and it won't matter.  As of right now we have $62 million in cap space for next off-season.  We could easily fit Mack under the cap and sign him long term without having to worry about cap implications.  Unless you are worried about ole Terry spending too much money up front.  Suggesting that we shouldn't go after Mack because of the Hughes, Murphy, Star contracts is flat out ridiculous and one of the worst opinions I have ever heard on this board. 

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

It means nothing until we have to pay Allen if and when he pans out.  Those contracts will be expired or expiring within  a year by then and it won't matter.  As of right now we have $62 million in cap space for next off-season.  We could easily fit Mack under the cap and sign him long term without having to worry about cap implications.  Unless you are worried about ole Terry spending too much money up front.  Suggesting that we shouldn't go after Mack because of the Hughes, Murphy, Star contracts is flat out ridiculous and one of the worst opinions I have ever heard on this board. 

I would rather get Weapons with that cap space. To set Allen up in the best possible situation to pan out. 

46 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's hoping Beane has a pee tape on Gruden.

Gruden was NOT loved by those who played for him. I heard that a LOT when Ilived near Tampa in his days there, and I heard a former player today say he’d spoken to 5-6 former Gruden players and they all agreed, after the rah-rah wore off, they learned you couldn’t trust him.

My personal experience was not good, either. 

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

It was his only D1 option?

It was a coach at some school in Virginia or maybe West Virginia (Liberty comes to mind but don’t hold me to that) that showed the only interest when he was in HS.  Lucky for UB when it came time to decide on a school that coach was now at Buffalo and Mack didn’t want to talk to anyone else.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I mean what would the trade package be? Would a single first get it done? First and then a second?

If they were willing to talk trade it would be a first and a second ... if we were lucky.

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mack wants to be part of UB's upcoming season. He knows it's going to be the best ever.

Didn't he have a few issues with UB over the last few years?

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Trade ain't happening. Where are the Bills going to find the money this year to begin with?

The Bills will have to wait it out if Mack hits the open market in 2019.

Sometimes it’s just luck. Bummer for him the next draft is super rich in DL. He’d fare better if teams were desperate and it was a thin draft class, I assume. 

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

Didn't he have a few issues with UB over the last few years?

He did, was pissed they didn’t offer his brother(they eventually did and he signed). Also another reason why he could be hanging or at UB. Met his father Sandy and Ledarius. Sandy is a mountain of a dude. Good family tho. Hoping he cashes in big and gives back to UB a little bit so they can further legitimize themselves with new football facilities in addition to the field house they are already building

• Like (+1) 2