Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

21 hours ago, jahbonas said:

This would give Gruden a veteran pass rusher to cushion the loss of Mack.  Also in Mcdermott/Beane's 5 year plan  an older Hughes would be ok to move  - similar could be said re Shady if that was needed in such a deal. Both are older vets not likely to be around for years 4 & 5 of the Plan - both carry significant cap.

I might prefer a Hughes + Shady + 3rd for Khalil Mack

what 5 year plan? They made playoffs in their 1st year and looking to improve on that this season

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PIZ said:

Through his agent.  Making it known that if he's traded to GB that he will not sign a long term deal, so GB would have the same problem the Raiders have.

If GB is making the offer, why would he refuse to sign there? 

I'm sorry but you're at the point of writing a fiction novel with all of these assumptions.

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you saying I'm wrong about the level of interest in Mack while he played at UB? Maybe you can cite some examples. Wasn't Bucky Gleason beating the drum for UB to drop to FCS even after having a player of Mack's caliber?

I'm the resident UB booster on TBD. (Among several now. :thumbsup:) I know what the interest level was. It wasn't that high.

I'm not saying that exactly. When he left and was drafted he was very highly thought of. Why would anyone have been interested in him the first year or so? 

Whenever I get a chance to bust your balls though, I will. :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If GB is making the offer, why would he refuse to sign there? 

I'm sorry but you're at the point of writing a fiction novel with all of these assumptions.

You are taking things way too seriously..........

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Mack will be traded IMO.  Hopefully to us!

I’m at the point where I’ll be surprised if he’s not traded by the deadline. I don’t want to get too excited thinking it will be to Buffalo,  but I’ll be surprised if he’s still a Raider in November. 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m at the point where I’ll be surprised if he’s not traded by the deadline. I don’t want to get too excited thinking it will be to Buffalo,  but I’ll be surprised if he’s still a Raider in November. 

I don’t know if I’m just overly optimistic but I think he’s going to end up on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t know if I’m just overly optimistic but I think he’s going to end up on the Bills.

If Beane wants him he's ours. No other team can offer better draft pick compensation. If Green Bay gets him it isn't because they outbid us, it's because Beane didn't want to give up a 1st rounder next year. Personally I'd do it and I'm pretty sure we'll be picking in the top 10.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If Beane wants him he's ours. No other team can offer better draft pick compensation. If Green Bay gets him it isn't because they outbid us, it's because Beane didn't want to give up a 1st rounder next year. Personally I'd do it and I'm pretty sure we'll be picking in the top 10.

GB does have 2 1sts. They can put together a competitive offer.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

GB does have 2 1sts. They can put together a competitive offer.

I dont think there's a GM in the league that takes the Packers and Saints 1st rounders over the Bills. Two mid-20s or a possible top 5 pick. Easy choice.

Also I don't think GB has a DE they can send back. Hughes and Lawson are both trade possibilities.

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So, you DON'T want to see Nick Bosa, Ed Oliver or a franchise OT on this team next year?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

So, you DON'T want to see Nick Bosa, Ed Oliver or a franchise OT on this team next year?

Bosa is going #1 overall. Oliver probably #2 or #3. I don't think we'll be that bad. And i already know Khalil Mack is an elite game changing pass rusher entering the prime of his career. I wouldn't hesitate to trade our 1st, our 3rd, and either of Lawson or Hughes for him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The timing on this will be interesting. It will likely be after Donald gets his deal because both sides will be looking for that as the trend setter. Oakland is probably holding out hope that it'll come in lower than expected and that they can offer Mack lower than that. Meanwhile, Mack's group is probably waiting to set their range right next to, or slightly below, Donalds. It's a funny world where a "pure" pass rusher is going to get less money than a interior line player. Just shows you how shifty the NFL is. 

I also wonder what will happen with Earl Thomas, and whether or not that will affect the compensation expectation of Mack. 

The good news is, the longer the holdouts go, the more of a buying market it is. Just gotta hope these guys don't cave to the fines. 

Edited by whatdrought

I’m unsure whether I want to trade for him or not...obviously he’s a great talent but I’m thinking our main areas of upgrade need to be centered around protecting JA and getting JA some weapons...I may be wrong but it seems trading for Mack and then signing him to $100 million contract would kill that whole process.

• Like (+1) 1