Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

26 minutes ago, jahbonas said:

The 'affordability' is not the cap number/salary - its the up front guaranteed huge signing bonus ($40+ million) Mack would demand  vs the bonus Shady & Hughes demand ($0)

What i meant is im not sure if that would put the Raiders over the cap or not for this season

i just looked it up and the Raiders have a little more than $4m in cap space left this season (theyre near the bottom). That obviously includes what Mack is getting paid. But if they exchange Mack for Hughes and Shady, theyd be about $4-5m over the cap this season (i think Mack’s cap hit is $11m this season?). These are just straight numbers and there are more intricacies when it comes to the cap but the Raiders can’t absorb both Hughes and Shady.  

Edited by bobobonators

19 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

What i meant is im not sure if that would put the Raiders over the cap or not for this season

i just looked it up and the Raiders have a little more than $4m in cap space left this season (theyre near the bottom). That obviously includes what Mack is getting paid. But if they exchange Mack for Hughes and Shady, theyd be about $4-5m over the cap this season (i think Mack’s cap hit is $11m this season?). These are just straight numbers and there are more intricacies when it comes to the cap but the Raiders can absorb both Hughes and Shady.  

I saw what you meant regarding the cap - you were pretty clear  - From a Cap  Shady + Hughes = near 20 million and  Macks salary likely near 20 million......  but that doesnt matter much at all.  What does matter is Mack also would come with a $40+ million  up front signing bonus  - a team strapped for cash like the Raiders might like not having to pay that 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

This has gone on longer than I thought it would. Seems like him moving is an actual possibility. Are the Raiders in that bad of financial shape or are they totally bananas? You can’t get the appropriate value for a player like Mack who is coming off his rookie deal. History proves that. 

8 hours ago, nucci said:

I don't think Davis has a lot of cash...he's not one of the richest owners but should still be able to sign Mack. You should always try to sign your best players

I don't think Davis has the cash to put in escrow, run day-to-day operations and put money into moving the team. Don't forget guarantees have to be fully funded and deposited into an escrow account, that's one of the arguments NFL owners use against fully guaranteed contracts. Davis' net worth is 500M, one of the least rich owners in the league and I doubt that amount is liquid. Mack is looking at around $60M guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Mack will void that trade because he will make it known he's not signing a long term deal with Green Bay.  Mack wants to play in Buffalo.  Just my gut feeling.

27 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Mack will void that trade because he will make it known he's not signing a long term deal with Green Bay.  Mack wants to play in Buffalo.  Just my gut feeling.

A chance to play with a great QB like Rodgers?  I'm sure he'd hate being on a Super Bowl contender. :)

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A chance to play with a great QB like Rodgers?  I'm sure he'd hate being on a Super Bowl contender. :)

Are they really a SB contender though? They share a division with the Vikings, so they are probably going for a wildcard the next few years, and beyond Rodgers, not much else talent wise.

Just now, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Are they really a SB contender though? They share a division with the Vikings, so they are probably going for a wildcard the next few years, and beyond Rodgers, not much else talent wise.

They are as long as he's healthy and he has several more seasons left in his career. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They are as long as he's healthy and he has several more seasons left in his career. 

Look at the Saints. An All Star QB and not much else only get's you through the regular season.

IF Josh Allen is a hit, the Bills will be entering their Goldilocks zone for SB contention very soon. Could see that being a draw for a guy that already loves the city of Buffalo.

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn

Look at the Saints. An All Star QB and not much else only get's you through the regular season.

IF Josh Allen is a hit, the Bills will be entering their Goldilocks zone for SB contention very soon. Could see that being a draw for a guy that already loves the city of Buffalo.

Saints?  They are so much more than Brees with a talent laden roster and they should have beaten the Vikings.  Check that out for yourself.

Don't give me the IF with Allen and even the oddsmakers favor the Pack as a destination if a Mack trade comes to fruition.  Not a good sales job. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This.  I am BEGGING someone to put this thread out of its misery.  The reason why the Packers are the betting favorites, is because they have this guy throwing the ball named Aaron Rodgers.  So, given that they have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball, the Packers can AFFORD to give up multiple years of 1sts and 2nds and roster players for Mack.

Do the Bills have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball?  Absolutely not.  Therefore, Beane is NOT going to give away valuable future picks, just so that you people can wear red, white and blue jerseys with the #52 on Sundays.

Edited by Cornette's Commentary

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Saints?  They are so much more than Brees with a talent laden roster and they should have beaten the Vikings.  Check that out for yourself.

Don't give me the IF with Allen and even the oddsmakers favor the Pack as a destination if a Mack trade comes to fruition.  Not a good sales job.  

This last season aside, what have the Saints done lately? 3 straight 7-9 seasons prior to this year.

And the Pack are favored because they have two 1sts to give next year, that's it. Mack wants to be in Buffalo. He's here now. Why would any other team give a boatload of picks when they know he wants to be elsewhere?

This last season aside, what have the Saints done lately? 3 straight 7-9 seasons prior to this year.

And the Pack are favored because they have two 1sts to give next year, that's it. Mack wants to be in Buffalo. He's here now. Why would any other team give a boatload of picks when they know he wants to be elsewhere?

The Saints are loaded.  Check it out for yourself and they don't rely on Brees as much as they did in the past.  They are well balanced in all phases of the game.

Mack wants to be in Buffalo? Where has this been confirmed?  He was in Buffalo a while back to visit his brother who plays at UB.