Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Whats are these guys thinking???? Their agents are just screwing them for their cut of the next contract. they dont care if they are lossing almost $1million a game.

This is emabarrasing. no wonder these players go broke 

The team has the option to enforce the fines or not. 

Much of the time teams choose not to. All is forgiven once the player reports and/or signs his new deal. 

Holding out is really about the only leverage a player has in a situation like this. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good point, but I'd bet Chuckie doesn't cave.......and I doubt Davis overrides his 100 million dollar coach....

If that’s the case Mack my sit out the whole year and lose the $13.8M. He’s looking at $70M guaranteed next year. Mack is in a unique situation where he can do that. He can go to the Raiders and say, “I want a long term deal or I’m not reporting.” The Raiders can concede by forgoing the tag to get Mack back playing this year. I actually think that is the likeliest scenario at this point.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If that’s the case Mack my sit out the whole year and lose the $13.8M. He’s looking at $70M guaranteed next year. Mack is in a unique situation where he can do that. He can go to the Raiders and say, “I want a long term deal or I’m not reporting.” The Raiders can concede by forgoing the tag to get Mack back playing this year. I actually think that is the likeliest scenario at this point.

I thought I heard that in the unlikely scenario of him not reporting at all this season that would result in him becoming a RESTRICTED free agent.     I thought he just didn't get any service time toward unrestricted FA so was still obligated........but then I saw this on the bottom line on ESPN.  So could be wrong.

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I thought I heard that in the unlikely scenario of him not reporting at all this season that would result in him becoming a RESTRICTED free agent.     I thought he just didn't get any service time toward unrestricted FA so was still obligated........but then I saw this on the bottom line on ESPN.  So could be wrong.

...interesting perspective...I did find this little tidbit which may clarify.....he does have four years of accrued service...........

by Joel Corry-@corryjoel-Jul 23, 2014 CBS SPORTS

"Getting the year of service isn't a consideration with holdouts with four or more years of service. They already have enough service time to qualify for unrestricted free agency. "

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do believe Mack would have to at least make himself available for 6 games. If he holds out an entire season he doesn't get credited for the year. SO the Raiders would still hold the 5th year option. Mack is going to have to report at some time, and next year he will have to face the Franchise tag

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

53 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I do believe Mack would have to at least make himself available for 6 games. If he holds out an entire season he doesn't get credited for the year. SO the Raiders would still hold the 5th year option. Mack is going to have to report at some time, and next year he will have to face the Franchise tag

NFL RFA rules only apply to players with 3 accrued seasons.

ERFAs are for players with 1 or 2 years accrued.

Mack has 4 years accrued already and I cannot find any exceptions for 5 year option players.

Mack MUST play for Oakland this year.

He can be signed, traded or cut by Oakland but if he sits out he doesn't get paid but it seems he will be a full UFA next year.

Of course Oakland could always tag him next year.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

NFL RFA rules only apply to players with 3 accrued seasons.

ERFAs are for players with 1 or 2 years accrued.

Mack has 4 years accrued already and I cannot find any exceptions for 5 year option players.

Mack MUST play for Oakland this year.

He can be signed, traded or cut by Oakland but if he sits out he doesn't get paid but it seems he will be a full UFA next year.

Of course Oakland could always tag him next year.

...as expected, you're absolutely correct bud....4 years accrued is the lynch pin....good job...:thumbsup:...and Chuckie may be devious enough to tag him...no way Davis gets in his way...he's the 100 million dollar boy......SMH

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Davis Jr is broke. That is why he moved the Raiders to Las Vegas. $$$

The fact that the NFL moved into Las Vegas is terrible, and a mixed signal.

Better to not have a holdout situation and get a 1st round pick for Mack. Buffalo is there with the cap and love.

Edited by RocCityRoller

7 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Davis Jr is broke. That is why he moved the Raiders to Las Vegas. $$$

The fact that the NFL moved into Las Vegas is terrible, and a mixed signal.

Better to not have a holdout situation and get a 1st round pick for Mack. Buffalo is there with the cap and love.

Mark Davis looks like Bucky Larson.

mark_davis_bigger.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I never heard of that film but apparently it was directed by Tom Brady.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky_Larson:_Born_to_Be_a_Star

It also got a score of 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. :lol:

Yeah, I knew it was awful and couldn’t think of what it was called. I saw a tweet about it the other day and it jogged my memory. Every time I’ve ever seen Mark Davis I’ve thought about that guy but couldn’t remember the name.  

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What you saw on the bottom line on ESPN probably referred to the Donald situation with the Rams. ESPN was posting that the Rams were intensifying the negotiation with Arnold. 

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I knew it was awful and couldn’t think of what it was called. I saw a tweet about it the other day and it jogged my memory. Every time I’ve ever seen Mark Davis I’ve thought about that guy but couldn’t remember the name.  

But you know what? Adam $andler $till made million$ from that film. He laugh$ at the critic$. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would just assume to wait till he becomes a FA in 2019 and the only cost will be money (which the Bills will have plenty of), instead of giving up players and draft picks for him.

I would be the most shocked man in the universe if he re-signed with the Raiders.