Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

Just now, Cornette's Commentary said:

Look at the schedule and please point out the games where you expect a win.

Seriously, the season hasn't started...you can tell me how the entire season is going to play out?  

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Always what if

He is a fan of musicians Tim McGraw and Hanson.

Mack is an active Christian and spent much of his youth attending a church where his father and mother both served as deacons. Mack also enjoys spending time with his nieces, Malaysia, Maayana and Ma’kiyah, and counts his favorite film as The Sound of Music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalil_Mack

Sound of Music is being shown at the Riviera Theater tomorrow night.  Let's get this deal done!

https://rivieratheatre.org/event/the-sound-of-music-1965/

53 minutes ago, nucci said:

so you think the Bills only win 3-4 games this year?

5 wins could be enough to pick top 5 (it was this past season) and yes, I think 3-5 wins is absolutely a possibility this year. I'd lean towards 5 or 6 being where Buffalo ends up but I think it's more likely that they win 5 or less than it is that they win 7 or more.

Edited by DCOrange

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Outside of the Patriots twice and @ Green Bay, I think the Bills have a chance to win any other game they play. Will they, no, but I bet they play everybody else pretty damn tough.

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Heard the same exact crap last year with a roster that was 10 times worse last year.

The starting LOG is a real concern, but there were a lot more concerns this time last year.

I heard how hard the Bills schedule was last year too, but it worked out ok. It’s the same thing this year. Plus, as ALWAYS, we have no idea how good or bad the teams on Buffalo’s schedule will be.

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Um, we have Star, Phillips, Edmunds, Hughes and Murphy for starters.  We dont need to trade away very valuable draft picks right now for more D personnel, not mention spend that much money on him as proposed, until we see what these guys can do together on the filed.  VERY PROMISING GROUP, especially with how sick our secondary is.  We have WAY bigger concerns and needs right now on offense, and we need those picks to protect our QB and get him some weapons, not to mention McCoy is on the wrong side of 30 now too.

Every position is a concern at this point. You're wacked. None of those guys you listed are reliable at this point. I said why they weren't and you simply responded with listing their names. That means nothing.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, Cornette's Commentary said:

A lot, to say the least.  With the way this team is right now, do you want to give up a 2019 1st that could be a Top 5 pick?

It will not be a top 5 pick, it will be the #32 pick....

19 and 0 baby!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Every position is a concern at this point. You're wacked. None of those guys you listed are reliable at this point. I said why they weren't and you simply responded with listing their names. That means nothing.

Nothing you just said remotely justifies the insane trade deal brought up earlier.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

This is a stupid question but does a coaches salary count against the cap also? 

No, but if you are overpaying your head coach, building a new stadium and you can't drill a well for more income, well....

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

I would give up two firsts for Mack. Can you tell me our last two first round picks are going tine better then Mack. I hope Allan and Edmunds are great but Mack has proven it in the NFL  ain’t the same as using two on Sammy from college 

On 8/1/2018 at 4:18 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Nothing you just said remotely justifies the insane trade deal brought up earlier.  

You said the front 7 is solid. You've done nothing to back that up. The front 7, like most of this team, is full of unknowns.

Stop deflecting from your indefensible assertion. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I'd trade next year's first and the 2nd in 2020, or next years 2nd and 1st in 2020 for a chance to trade for Mack. If the Raiders want Hughes, Murphy or Lawson do it.

If you are the Raiders you get a 1st, 2nd, player x to start at DE, potential cap relief and avoid an ugly hold out/ cap situation. You save face and can rebuild the D with the picks.

If you are the Bills you get a premier pass rusher before his prime and before he hits F/A, who loves Buffalo, while you are flush with cash. Both teams win.

If the Raiders don't bite, keep your cap fluid next year, roll over as much money as possible and give Mack an 'offer he can't refuse'. He is worth every penny.

Mack knows and loves Buffalo. No cultural shift that many other super star players experience coming to Buffalo. Heck Mack is here during his hold out.

Mack is on the upswing to the prime of his career, unlike Mario who had peaked and was going into decline, or even Reggie White going to Green Bay. This is a once in a 'Blue Moon' opportunity. Also there is absolutely no effort issues with Mack. Would Mack like to play with ascending stars like Edmunds, Hyde and White, for a defensive minded head coach who led Keuchly and Davis? I'm guessing yes.

Mack is an ELITE pass rusher, something the Bills woefully need, and could push this defense into amazing places.

Buffalo will be top 5-10 in cap space next year, allowing them to back up a dump truck of cash to make him happy long term on an extension with up front money and lessen his cap hit over terms of his contract. Has there ever been a contract where the signing bonus was worth as much or more than the contract? Players want guaranteed money, do it.

Shady didn't want to be in Buffalo, but the Bills did him right with a generous package to keep him happy, and he has been terrific. Imagine doing that for an ascending super star who wants to be here?

A LB corps of Mack, Edmunds and Milano looks terrific for the next 5 years. All young, all with their prime ahead of them, playing for a HC that loves his LBs. Not to mention Edmunds and Milano are on their rookie contracts.... When Mack's contract expires, Edmunds will only be @25 and in HIS prime. Change gears dump the money on Edmunds, rinse and repeat to draft the best Edge player again within those 5 years.

To me it is a non-issue. You make it happen.

"I woke up this morning, with a blue moon in my eyes"

Edited by RocCityRoller

40 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You said the front 7 is solid. You've done nothing to back that up. The front 7, like most of this team, is full of unknowns.

Stop deflecting from your indefensible assertion. 

If you’re saying a Front 7 that consists of Jerry Hughes, Star Lotulelei, Kyle Williams, Trent Murphy, the #16 pick at LB next to a highly rated Rookie LB from last year is “full of unknowns”, then there’s about 3 teams in the NFL that have a Front 7 that you’d qualify as “known”. 

Edited by SCBills

On 8/1/2018 at 4:10 PM, The Senator said:

It will not be a top 5 pick, it will be the #32 pick....

19 and 0 baby!!!!

Thank you Senator !!

And de diddly delighted to see you posting !

If Bills are EVEN considering this,
 They are not going to give away the farm for him.

Sure its attractive, but say he gets injured year one as a Bill. and you know he wants guarantees . Rightly so.

I would love to see him here. But i think Bills feel they have many more positions to dial in before such a major investment into Top level talent and Top Level cost.

: (

Edited by 3rdand12