Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s gonna take ALOT more than a First, Second , and Shaq Lawson

He’s not a QB.   I doubt it would take more than that if the Raiders are willing to entertain offers. 

Pats got a 2nd for Jimmy G in his contract year. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

He’s not a QB.   I doubt it would take more than that if the Raiders are willing to entertain offers. 

Jimmy G was no Mack when he was traded.  He was an unknown commodity.  Mack is already a proven defensive stud and rising star.

1.  Raiders are not going to trade him.

2.  That offer in the OP is terrible for us.  Why would we give up so much for him?  We got a lot of good players in the D front 7 including two very good looking rookies already.  

3.  We NEED to add offense and not spend so much on one defensive player.  Our D is set up real well right now, so we need the cap room and those draft picks to address the OL, WR, TE, and RB (McCoys up there in age).  

I would hate this crazy offer of a first and a 2nd and all that money for Mack, and I love Mack. Oddly, I am not even sure the Raiders would consider trading mack for that anyway.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Jimmy G was no Mack when he was traded.  He was an unknown commodity.  Mack is already a proven defensive stud and rising star.

1.  Raiders are not going to trade him.

2.  That offer in the OP is terrible for us.  Why would we give up so much for him?  We got a lot of good players in the D front 7 including two very good looking rookies already.  

3.  We NEED to add offense and not spend so much on one defensive player.  Our D is set up real well right now, so we need the cap room and those draft picks to address the OL, WR, TE, and RB (McCoys up there in age).  

I would hate this crazy offer of a first and a 2nd and all that money for Mack, and I love Mack. Oddly, I am not even sure the Raiders would consider trading mack for that anyway.  

Jimmy G was not the QB equivalent of Mack....but was a QB.  One many teams were high on.  

Mack is a DE/LB in his final year meaning whoever trades for him has to pay him as well.  I don’t think the Raiders are trading him, but if they did, they’re not getting a Brinks truck of picks beyond what the OP offered. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s gonna take ALOT more than a First, Second , and Shaq Lawson

let alone a 2020 2nd

My feeling is that the 2019 1st would be very desirable as the Bills have the look of a team that will be drafting in the top 10 even with Mack.

The offensive needs can be addressed by the remaining 8 picks in 2019 and the money we have in free agency next year.

13 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

If you were Brandon Beane, what would you offer the Raiders for Kahill Mack and then what type of contract would you offer.

My offer would be:

Shaq Lawson

2019 1st Round Pick

2020 2nd Round Pick

My offer to Mack

6 years, $120,000,000, $75,000,000 guaranteed, 42,000,000 signing bonus, yearly payouts and incentives if met would be around $15,500,000.

Locking him up for years 27-32, getting best of the present and overpaying probably last two years on the deal but my god what a D we would have.

Thoughts and feedback please

I like your contract offer. I’d offer Shaq, a 2019 2nd and 4th and a 2020 2nd that can become a 1st if he has 10+ sacks in each of the next 2 seasons.

I don’t even think we need a LB now. (IMO) Edmunds and Milano are young, fast, modern day LBs that will be the center of this defense for years to come.  I realize that Mack is a great player, but it’s a salary cap sport. Go trade for a WR. Don’t give something up for a player at a position of strength.

• Like (+1) 1

Khalil Mack is awesome...that's who I was hoping for when we traded up for Sammy but the truth is with this regime in charge it's time to look forward and stop looking in the past.  McBeane are going to continue to build this thing up in house with draft picks and occasionally plug in a free agent where they see the value meets the need.  There's no way they are splurging on a Ferrari in free agency. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

If you were Brandon Beane, what would you offer the Raiders for Kahill Mack and then what type of contract would you offer.

My offer would be:

Shaq Lawson

2019 1st Round Pick

2020 2nd Round Pick

My offer to Mack

6 years, $120,000,000, $75,000,000 guaranteed, 42,000,000 signing bonus, yearly payouts and incentives if met would be around $15,500,000.

Locking him up for years 27-32, getting best of the present and overpaying probably last two years on the deal but my god what a D we would have.

Again with this crap?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

My offer would be:

Shaq Lawson

2019 1st Round Pick

2020 2nd Round Pick

My offer to Mack

He is a damn good LB but he isnt a QB. No way we give up a first and a second. What does Shaq do for anyone- so unproven and has yet to make the leap to the NFL. Now onto the money- way way too much for a LB. I like your enthusiasm because we sure could use another kick ass LB but imo its too steep for him.

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Mack Is an All Pro at 2 positions.

It’s gonna take more than a first , second next year and a run stuffing D end

It will command at least 2 firsts for anyone to trade for him

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Mack Is an All Pro at 2 positions.

It’s gonna take more than a first , second next year and a run stuffing D end

It will command at least 2 firsts

Then the Raiders better figure it out because no one in the NFL is trading 2-1sts, knowing they also have to immmediately pay the man $25 mil per. 

20 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

My feeling is that the 2019 1st would be very desirable as the Bills have the look of a team that will be drafting in the top 10 even with Mack.

The offensive needs can be addressed by the remaining 8 picks in 2019 and the money we have in free agency next year.

People said we were tanking last year and made the playoffs 

im willing to bet we don’t pick top 10 this year. I’d love Mack , don’t see Beane pulling the trigger 

Just now, SCBills said:

Then the Raiders better figure it out because no one in the NFL is trading 2-1sts, knowing they also have to immmediately pay the man $25 mil per. 

He won’t be traded then. They aren’t giving him away

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jimmy G was not the QB equivalent of Mack....but was a QB.  One many teams were high on.  

Mack is a DE/LB in his final year meaning whoever trades for him has to pay him as well.  I don’t think the Raiders are trading him, but if they did, they’re not getting a Brinks truck of picks beyond what the OP offered. 

So basically you agree with everything I said lol

If the raiders are going to get to the point of trading him, then that means that they can't pay him. If they can't pay him then he isn't worth a whole lot because everyone in the league will know it. The honest truth is that if Mack is committed to not playing on his option, then he certainly wont play on the tag. And if that's the case, Oakland will be selling low while they can.