Bills sign DT John Hughes

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Kid, you do not know what you're playing with.  "You're an idiot" is a finely honed piece of rhetoric and board lore, deeply steeped in tradition, meaning, and nuance, and you just whip it out there like it's no big deal?   

Even worse he got it wrong. What an idiot.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Kid, you do not know what you're playing with.  "You're an idiot" is a finely honed piece of rhetoric and board lore, deeply steeped in tradition, meaning, and nuance, and you just whip it out there like it's no big deal?  Do you just pick up random firearms you find and wave them in the air?  

I've got 20 years wielding "You're an idiot," and know how to do it safely, without any threat to the health and well-being of others.  You are not there yet.  I suggest you start small and innocuous and work your way up.  Maybe a good "Yo momma" joke to get your beak wet.  Leave the big guns to the adults.

We could also give ourselves paper cuts and pour lemon juice in them.  Doesn't make it a good idea.

Sorry. Sarcasm and cheekiness don't come off that well in print for me apparently. Meant no offence, nor am I attempting to start a ongoing battle. BTW, I've got 13 years on the board, formerly as VanCity. I probably should have at least got your catch phrase right.

7 hours ago, TigerJ said:

John Hughes (the football player) has some physical ability, but his production has never been too impressive.  If this is an upgrade from Palepoi, it looks like a minor one to me.

And what exactly do you expect with a league full of 90 man rosters right now?

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No Dez would have been agood signing late July. Not some camp body 

And yet, not a single NFL team has signed him. There's a reason for that: he wants money, he wants to play for a contender, he wants to be a starter, and he is old and often injured.

11 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You are an idiot. 

I always wanted to say that to you. Take no offense. Actually....take a bunch and dwell on it.

Unacceptable and completely out of line.

Nobody puts Tom in a corner.

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Kid, you do not know what you're playing with.  "You're an idiot" is a finely honed piece of rhetoric and board lore, deeply steeped in tradition, meaning, and nuance, and you just whip it out there like it's no big deal?  Do you just pick up random firearms you find and wave them in the air?  

I've got 20 years wielding "You're an idiot," and know how to do it safely, without any threat to the health and well-being of others.  You are not there yet.  I suggest you start small and innocuous and work your way up.  Maybe a good "Yo momma" joke to get your beak wet.  Leave the big guns to the adults.

We could also give ourselves paper cuts and pour lemon juice in them.  Doesn't make it a good idea.

Supercilious, but not approaching anal orifice status. Are you in a good mood?

5 hours ago, MJS said:

And what exactly do you expect with a league full of 90 man rosters right now?

And yet, not a single NFL team has signed him. There's a reason for that: he wants money, he wants to play for a contender, he wants to be a starter, and he is old and often injured.

And he is a WR that can help this Offense and Team a heck of alot more than a Bottom Chart DT. So hence my statement of GOOD in reference to the tweet 

6 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Sorry. Sarcasm and cheekiness don't come off that well in print for me apparently. Meant no offence, nor am I attempting to start a ongoing battle. BTW, I've got 13 years on the board, formerly as VanCity. I probably should have at least got your catch phrase right.

So, you ain’t even one a dem der ‘Merican idjits, is ya?

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

So do we nickname him "Breakfast Club" or "Kyle Williams' Day Off?"

Beethoven

And btw, I have simmered and stewed for years over "Beethoven's 4th" not getting the critical acclaim it deserved. It virtually created the mold for quadri-sequels.