Zay to Active-Non-Football Injury, Palepoi released

31 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

yeh but mental illness is not something to be screwed around with.., if he is still having symptoms.  Hoping the best for Zay... if that means Football or just getting help... praying for Zay

could also be totally unrelated. So keep your prayers broad.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

Paged three times at the Boston airport?!? NFL personal conduct policy suspension to follow....

Sounds like he's still having the same issues as last season. Gave him three calls and he didn't catch any of them....

• Haha (+1) 2

Zay Jones fell off my radar. I got nothing against him but his start in some ways is worse than Nathan Petermans. 

It's starting to look a lot more like a wasted pick my friends. It's fallen into the spectrum of waiting around. We didn't pick a young star at his prime ready to rock the league with Zay. We got something else. Still a complete question mark with some problems attached. 

The dude is going to have to make some plays to get my attention again. This recent news isn't a shocker to me. 

Edited by Lfod

I hold out hope for Zay. He had brief flashes of showing what he could do last year. I’d love to see Zay and Allen get some chemistry going early on. Zay reminds me of an Andre Reed for some reason.  My hope is maturity and a year in will settle Zay down. 

Btw, just imagine what shenanigans the Super Bowl Bills got into and was never seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hold out hope for Zay. He had brief flashes of showing what he could do last year. I’d love to see Zay and Allen get some chemistry going early on. Zay reminds me of an Andre Reed for some reason.  My hope is maturity and a year in will settle Zay down. 

Btw, just imagine what shenanigans the Super Bowl Bills got into and was never seen. 

This is probably way off, but did it seem like Zay was never on the same page with Tyrod for some reason? But did it look a little more “natural” with Mr Peterman? That could just be me.... I know, it sounds crazy as I type it, but...it was like magnets repelling for some reason.... There was just NO comfort level with those two. Zay was used to timing maybe? Tyrod was used to...................waiting? And then maybe waiting some more? 

His disappointing season could also have at least partially led to his questionable offseason. I’m not letting anyone off the hook, just wondering about natural possibilities. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is probably way off, but did it seem like Zay was never on the same page with Tyrod for some reason? But did it look a little more “natural” with Mr Peterman? That could just be me.... I know, it sounds crazy as I type it, but...it was like magnets repelling for some reason.... There was just NO comfort level with those two. Zay was used to timing maybe? Tyrod was used to...................waiting? And then maybe waiting some more? 

His disappointing season could also have at least partially led to his questionable offseason. I’m not letting anyone off the hook, just wondering about natural possibilities. 

the timing and ball placement of tyrod vs. nate was night and day. nate was throwing with anticipation and it helped with rac and at least not putting a player at risk of injury. often times and i can think of a few examples, it looked like the receivers weren't expecting the ball to be there and looked startled. they weren't used to that with tyrod. that's what we need and i think that will improve no matter whose throwing the ball.  i think allen will do good at leading or throwing guys open just due to the speed of his throws.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

the timing and ball placement of tyrod vs. nate was night and day. nate was throwing with anticipation and it helped with rac and at least not putting a player at risk of injury. often times and i can think of a few examples, it looked like the receivers weren't expecting the ball to be there and looked startled. they weren't used to that with tyrod. that's what we need and i think that will improve no matter whose throwing the ball.  i think allen will do good at leading or throwing guys open just due to the speed of his throws.

We’ve come along way since EJ seemed to be trying to get his WR’s vaporized on every other pass. “Glass” Goodwin deserves points for not leaving the game years ago. I wish him well out west. 

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We don’t have NFL caliber WRs. We are in desperate need. More so then any other team in the entire league.

You are probably right.

But you're also wrong: we don't have proven NFL caliber WRs. 

Like I said, you're probably right. But you might be wrong. And you definitely don't actually know yet. 

Benjamin

Kerley

Streater

Reilly

Proehl

Shady catches a lot for a RB

Clay's good when healthy and O'Leary will have more catches because whoever wins the QB role will run less than Tyrod did 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Zay reminds me of an Andre Reed for some reason.  My hope is maturity and a year in will settle Zay down. 

This Andre Reed point is interesting as a Ht/Wt/Pos thing, but anyone who has been around either of them will agree that they are VERY different dudes. Different enough that one can easily see it in on-field performance and demeanor, as well as out to dinner.

15 minutes ago, jr1 said:

Benjamin

Kerley

Streater

Reilly

Proehl

Shady catches a lot for a RB

Clay's good when healthy and O'Leary will have more catches because whoever wins the QB role will run less than Tyrod did 

McCloud feels like a lock to me. Special teams ability. And, to my distant eye, a more seasoned NFL attitude (via mentoring from Nelson Agholor). Cool story on WGR, I think? Anyways, I think Ray-Ray makes the team. And Jones?

Edited by Richard Noggin

Considering the reputation that McD has earned since arriving in Buffalo, it's getting harder to see how Zay Jones fits the process. The fact that he is still being considered a virtual lock to make the roster, with many still considering him the assumed #2, speaks more to our dismal WR situation than anything else, IMO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t think the situation is comparable. We don’t have NFL caliber WRs. We are in desperate need. More so then any other team in the entire league.

That's what YOU think. Not necessarily what the coaches think.