Social Anxiety Disorder

Another Fan

On 7/25/2018 at 2:59 PM, Another Fan said:

Anyone ever gone through this here/have elements of it.  I’ve beaten it in the past but today was a little rough.  

I get some of it and it’s tough. I take Zoloft daily, Pamalor at night and Klonopin as necessary. It seems to work.

I too recommend a dog. My dog is my best friend.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don’t know if this is the same but there are very few people who I really, truly like. Most have something that drives me crazy or pisses me off. Or I find character flaws that I loathe. I find myself rolling my eyes internally at most everyone. 

Diagnosis??

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if this is the same but there are very few people who I really, truly like. Most have something that drives me crazy or pisses me off. Or I find character flaws that I loathe. I find myself rolling my eyes internally at most everyone. 

Diagnosis??

Realism.

most people are !@#$s

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Diagnosis??

I don't have a diagnosis but I do have a remedy: Stay away from this board. It has a lot of unlikable and unsavory characters. :devil:

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Diagnosis??

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  Enjoy your superiority and call me in the morning ?

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I get some of it and it’s tough. I take Zoloft daily, Pamalor at night and Klonopin as necessary. It seems to work.

I too recommend a dog. My dog is my best friend.

It obviously depends upon your personal situation, but it you can financially afford to keep a dog and have the time to make it happen, I think it’s one of the best “quality of life” moves you can ever make.  My dog is my best friend, and my son has a puppy coming next weekend. It will be one more bond for us (as I’m the emergency back-up puppy sitter, which turns out to be a fairly regular position). 

• 6 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, GoBills808 said:

Workplace issues are a can of worms imo. Throws the intrapersonal interaction into a different light, and if you've got an anxiety problem it's bound to be exacerbated.

My nonprofessional advice is to work on your communication skills. Having a conversation or discussion with another person, be it a negotiation or a matter of resolving differences, is really a necessary skill in getting on with life. Especially if you've got a partner. I'm not sure I'd be so quick to chalk it up to a disorder (of which I acknowledge are very real and very difficult to deal with, the point being that in today's society we by and large tend to absolve an individual of responsibility for myriad disorders, which is IMO dubious but medically convenient) rather than something you may need to address head-on. My $0.02

Good luck. 

Thanks.  I still always remembered this post

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:09 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The only pain I got time for is the pain I put on fools who don’t know what time it is!

Terry Tate, Office Linebacker

Did you make that up, or is that a quote? I dont know who Terry Tate is, but I really like that line. I am trying to burn that one in so it comes out in the right moment. Sounds like a Mr. T quote, lol.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:19 AM, DC Tom said:

I used to have it.  I honestly got over it by realizing that all efforts to justify myself have been a waste of my time, and I don't need to care what other people think.

Or is it just easier to belittle all the idots around you?

On 7/26/2018 at 11:57 AM, Fadingpain said:

Corgis are the best.

Mine was named Annie, as in Orphin Annie. Found her in the bushes at a motel, just a few weeks old and near death with mange. Seven years later, that little girl helped me through the toughest period of my life. I miss her. 

On 7/26/2018 at 6:08 AM, The Jokeman said:

I take medication (Sertraline) for mine and it definitely helps. As I've always been the shy introverted type. Yet after taking the meds I find myself a little more open and happier sharing my thoughts and ideas with others. Talk to your doctor about it as sometimes it's a chemical thing and medication can help.

Ya. Talk to your Doc. Doesn't need to be a psychiatrist.. a family Doc will do. You don't need fancy insurance. Sertraline mentioned above is $18 a month from Walmart.