2019 free agency?

33 minutes ago, mschifano said:

Why Mack they will use the draft to get there stud!!!

Young and CHEAP stud, if we get lucky. Mack will be pricey indeed. But that’s what pipe dreams are all about, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'd love Quinton Spain from Tennessee at guard - I don't think he would break the bank but is a kind of plug and play option with good starting experience. Ju'wan James at RT is likely to be more pricey but if Dawkins continues to develop and you can start James (one of the top 6 or 7 out and out RTs in the league) opposite him I think you have bookends at the position. 

At wide receiver I am keeping an eye on Kevin White in Chicago... who could even be cut before this season.  Huge talent, completely derailed by injuries but if there is a cheapish reclamation job to do there I'd be interested.  I think a lot of the other WR options are likely to be overpriced for what they bring you.  There are guys who could come in and upgrade the Bills depth at the position but not necessarily give us a really talented stable of weapons.  

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd love Quinton Spain from Tennessee at guard - I don't think he would break the bank but is a kind of plug and play option with good starting experience. Ju'wan James at RT is likely to be more pricey but if Dawkins continues to develop and you can start James (one of the top 6 or 7 out and out RTs in the league) opposite him I think you have bookends at the position. 

At wide receiver I am keeping an eye on Kevin White in Chicago... who could even be cut before this season.  Huge talent, completely derailed by injuries but if there is a cheapish reclamation job to do there I'd be interested.  I think a lot of the other WR options are likely to be overpriced for what they bring you.  There are guys who could come in and upgrade the Bills depth at the position but not necessarily give us a really talented stable of weapons.  

I suggested earlier offering a late round conditional pick for White. The Bears upgraded the WR room this spring. White appears to finally be healthy. He could be a good “buy low” option. Diggs is my top FA target.

I know I’m in the minority but I’d consider Bell if Shady is done (which we don’t know). That would be my “big ticket target.” I like the idea of James as well. The Bills never seem to find the RT. They can use the draft (or even trade) to address WR and interior OL. There have been a few WR trades recently. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I suggested earlier offering a late round conditional pick for White. The Bears upgraded the WR room this spring. White appears to finally be healthy. He could be a good “buy low” option. Diggs is my top FA target.

I know I’m in the minority but I’d consider Bell if Shady is done (which we don’t know). That would be my “big ticket target.” I like the idea of James as well. The Bills never seem to find the RT. They can use the draft (or even trade) to address WR and interior OL. There have been a few WR trades recently. 

Before I went for Bell I'd want to see Allen run the screen game and get consistently to his checkdowns (neither are much demonstrated on his college tape - partly by design) because while Bell is obviously a brilliant runner what makes him a potential big ticket item is what he can do in the passing game. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Before I went for Bell I'd want to see Allen run the screen game and get consistently to his checkdowns (neither are much demonstrated on his college tape - partly by design) because while Bell is obviously a brilliant runner what makes him a potential big ticket item is what he can do in the passing game. 

That’s more than fair.

That’s the appeal of Bell. On a team that lacks weapons you’d be getting an elite runner and receiver. You’d wear him out pretty quickly but he can certainly alleviate the pressure on a young QB. 

3 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/offensive-line/

Here's where you can find projected 2019 FAs...

i'm still willing to bet that kujo and henderson end up having solid careers. i thought henderson was going to comeback and be the guy, but seems like he never got a shot.

i think mills is still the weak link and i'll never forget what bosa said....

Edited by billsredneck1

17 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm still willing to bet that kujo and henderson end up having solid careers. i thought henderson was going to comeback and be the guy, but seems like he never got a shot.

i think mills is still the weak link and i'll never forget what bosa said....

depends on what you mean by "solid careers". I think they might stick around the league as backups/spot starters places. 

Mills does seem like the weak link, but hes survived two different coaching staffs now and has retained his job. I know there has not been much competition, but jesus...he is STILL the starting RT for us. I just dont know what to make of him and that RT situation. (as far as Bosa goes I just think some guys were pissed about TT being benched and truly werent trying)

9 hours ago, bills in oregon said:

With the large amount of Space the bills are going to have. What position or positions would you like them to address? And do you have any players you would like the bills to go after?

Maybe wait to see how this season plays out? What if some players play better than expected.....what if some players play worse than expected....what if some players suffer serious injuries......what if......

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

depends on what you mean by "solid careers". I think they might stick around the league as backups/spot starters places. 

Mills does seem like the weak link, but hes survived two different coaching staffs now and has retained his job. I know there has not been much competition, but jesus...he is STILL the starting RT for us. I just dont know what to make of him and that RT situation. (as far as Bosa goes I just think some guys were pissed about TT being benched and truly werent trying)

.....and that is why he would have been long gone if i were the coach.  maybe connor mcdermott can step up the competition. i actually even think newhouse would be better in pass pro than mills. i  expect opposing defenses to come at us just like last year....stack the box and send the heat from the right side.

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

.....and that is why he would have been long gone if i were the coach.  maybe connor mcdermott can step up the competition. i actually even think newhouse would be better in pass pro than mills. i  expect opposing defenses to come at us just like last year....stack the box and send the heat from the right side.

McD doesnt seem like the type of guy who would tolerate that either, it just adds to the whole weird Mills still starting at RT situation. 

I agree with you about how we will continue to be attacked. Hopefully some scheming/quick accurate passes are part of this offense and whoever plays QB can execute those plays regularly. Otherwise, it'll still be a putrid passing offense.

THAT said, we need a RT in the draft or FA next year BADDDDDD (mills looks to be finally gone to as he is a FA haha)

Edited by PaattMaann

17 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

McD doesnt seem like the type of guy who would tolerate that either, it just adds to the whole weird Mills still starting at RT situation. 

I agree with you about how we will continue to be attacked. Hopefully some scheming/quick accurate passes are part of this offense and whoever plays QB can execute those plays regularly. Otherwise, it'll still be a putrid passing offense.

THAT said, we need a RT in the draft or FA next year BADDDDDD (mills looks to be finally gone to as he is a FA haha)

Do you guys honestly believe that a player would be here if they thought he sabotaged a game? They re-watched every snap, from every angle, 100+ times. There was no conspiracy in the Chargers game. You had a bad QB and a bad RT matched up against an elite pass rush. The results were as to be expected.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do you guys honestly believe that a player would be here if they thought he sabotaged a game? They re-watched every snap, from every angle, 100+ times. There was no conspiracy in the Chargers game. You had a bad QB and a bad RT matched up against an elite pass rush. The results were as to be expected.

its easy to look like you are getting beat all game by someone way better than you, without looking like your sabotaging, because your likely gonna get dusted most plays anyway.

not a conspiracy, just some guys pissed at a coaches decision when they think its sabotaging their season. 

Either way we need a new RT next offseason.

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Thank you (+1) 1