So the Pittsburgh local sports radio says we start 0-8... But sums it up for Bills fans

4 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Reverse Dick Jauron from another dimension says: It's really hard to lose that much in the NFL.

0-8? I doubt it.

This has nothing to do with the Bills...However the Cleveland Browns have won 3 games in 48 games!

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

The entire Steelers D would be backups on our team. 

Man an I hope Allen is great, these 0-8 predictions are annoying. Our team is better than last year. We had a tough schedule last year as well.

If Peterman and AJ starts the first half of the season and go 0-8 how does that reflect on Josh?

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

A guy like Oliver is not a difference maker on an otherwise bad team, or team without a QB.

You say we have our QB of the future.  Do we?  What's his name?

You don't mean Allen do you?  Jury is out on him, big time.

Jury out on Allen? The jurors haven't even received their summons in the mail. It may be 3 years before we know anything about Allen??

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if we win at Baltimore on opening Sunday?  Would the world explode?

Only if AJ gets hurt, and Josh Allen enters the games and leads the BIlls to a late 4th quarter comeback!

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

We shall see! I'm not convinced Edmunds will be an upgrade in Year 1 though he obviously has far, far more potential than Preston.

The way I see it (solely for this season compared to last season):

QB: downgrade

RB: slight downgrade (another year of McCoy aging) and Ivory is only a slight upgrade as the backup IMO)

WR: slight upgrade (hopefully a healthy Benjamin outweighs the "loss" of Matthews)

O-Line: downgrade

D-Line: slight downgrade (obviously he wasn't with the team the whole year, but we essentially swapped out Dareus for Star which is a significant downgrade and improved depth)

LBs: ??? As I mentioned, I'm not convinced Edmunds is an upgrade as a rookie; he's just so young and inexperienced still.

DBs: downgrade (Gaines > Vontae)

As you can see, I'm pretty pessimistic in the short-term, but I'm also very excited about Allen, Edmunds, and the cap space moving forwards.

And I think last year's team was roughly a 7 win caliber team, so being worse this upcoming year probably equals a top 5-10 pick IMO.

I disagree with your assessment of the D-Line.  Last year Dareus did not come close to living up to his potential.  An orange construction barrel would be an improvement

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

This has nothing to do with the Bills...However the Cleveland Browns have won 3 games in 48 games!

If Peterman and AJ starts the first half of the season and go 0-8 how does that reflect on Josh?

Our offence was anemic last year and we win 9 games. I expect both units to be better this year.

1 minute ago, RedDog3940 said:

I disagree with your assessment of the D-Line.  Last year Dareus did not come close to living up to his potential.  An orange construction barrel would be an improvement

The Dline is way better this year. We went from a bottom three unit to a top ten unit. LBs are much better as well.

7 hours ago, mellaman101 said:

The guy put it to the sky...

A 0-8 start and a 2 or 3 win season....  Why be mad Buffalo....?????

The guy said TANK IT....

That would give us the top 3 pic and we are looking right at 68 million under the cap...  We got our QB of the future and a very young D man who may be a game changer...

So I checked out some prospects for 2019 draft day...

Most draft sights got us from 2 to 4 with Miami having the #1 pick and got us taking Oliver....

In 2017, Oliver had 73 tackles with 16.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, three passes batted and two forced fumbles. The 6-foot-1, 290-pounder dominated at the point of attack in 2016, starting from his debut game against Oklahoma. All season, the freshman overwhelmed offensive linemen with his quickness, athletic ability, and physicality. He totaled 66 tackles with 22.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and nine passes batted on the year. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php#ixzz5MC0ck9Hn

THIS IS SPARTA!

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's the homer in you.?

IMO, unless one of the QBs surprises and plays lights out, the Bills will turn the ball over more and thus lose more games.

Defense will be better, I agree.

I just checked in to see if you were going to say starting 0-8 was overly optimistic.  ?

Well done! 

I agree turnovers will probably be up. I also think we will make a few more plays down the field and over the middle. Strangely, our actual record next year doesn’t concern me as much as seeing progress on certain fronts.  

Edited by Augie

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

A guy like Oliver is not a difference maker on an otherwise bad team, or team without a QB.

You say we have our QB of the future.  Do we?  What's his name?

You don't mean Allen do you?  Jury is out on him, big time.

Jury is out on him? That is absolutely hysterical, thanks for the laugh

11 hours ago, billspro said:

The Dline is way better this year. We went from a bottom three unit to a top ten unit. LBs are much better as well.

Adolphus Washington and Cedric Thornton might have been the two worst defensive tackles I saw get regular snaps across the whole league in 2017. Not having either of them on the field would be a start. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Commonsense said:

When will the crusade fade?

i know right!?  more like fadingpaininthearse  lol.

16 hours ago, teef said:

those games are winnable.  and who knows...maybe one of the "sure losses" such as texas or minny stumble a bit this year, and the bills steal one of those.  I can't imagine anyone really thought the bills would win in atlanta last year.  i sure didn't.

i would be estatic with wins against balt. / the bolts and either minny or gb.  if we win the first 2, i would be the first to bet money that we go to the playoffs.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It's the homer in you.?

IMO, unless one of the QBs surprises and plays lights out, the Bills will turn the ball over more and thus lose more games.

Defense will be better, I agree.

Positive Bills talk...Scott triggered.

positive talk on the Bills isn’t allowed with Scott here.

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree. The record doesn't concern me either. 

I think the defense is a bit better but I think the offense could be among the worst in the league if not the worst. 

I'm hoping some of the younger players emerge such as Zay, the offensive line isn't completely in shambles, and the pass rush improves. 

...and there is at least a glimmer of hope at QB. That could go under “young players”, but it’s really the ultimate question mark. If we are lucky and get that figured out, it’s more than half the battle. 

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Imagine how awesome we'd be if we go 0-16 every year!

Think of the draft picks!!!!!!!! That is way more important than winning games, right? We're Buffalo where fans mention tanking on a weekly basis

For you older folks...think back to '73-'75....Bills , Sabres and Braves in the playoffs....it was fun winning...

Edited by nucci

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes... but I'm not sure Allen gets playing time this year. At least I hope they don't force him into the lineup.

Give him ALL THE TIME he needs to give him the best shot at success!