I'm 71 years old today!?!

Ted Striker

3 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

Surely, I can't be serious!

Buffalo related in a way as I am north of 50 years of age Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke played by Buffalo's Amanda Blake actually does something for me versus being a "never touch that" when I was under age 35.  I still have a long ways to go before I hit age 71.

13 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Miss Kitty's been gone a long time!  She never got close to 71.

I was just trying to say we tend to look at things differently as we age and it is not all bad if we allow our selves to see it.  Yes, Miss Kitty is long gone but the reruns are still around and she was only middle aged on average while the show ran.  We are never going to stop the clock in terms of aging so even the great Julie Newmar does not rock it like she did.  I don't tend to pant after women older than I am but Annie Potts is not bad on Young Sheldon and she is over 60.  

17 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Is that "Miss Kitty" as in really "Miss Kitty?" 

Or "Miss Kitty" according to the same interpretation the board gives Goldfinger's "kitty Galore?"

Meant to address this yesterday.  I would guess that back in the 1950's when Gunsmoke started Kitty was not slang for a certain part of the body or if it was the name Kitty had a different origin to satisfy the network censors.  Growing up there were a couple of Kitty's in the community and if I had to guess it was a knock off of Kate or Katherine (or Catherine).  Today, young women named Katherine (or Catherine) use the nick of Cat which takes us back in that direction.  

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, RochesterRob said:

Meant to address this yesterday.  I would guess that back in the 1950's when Gunsmoke started Kitty was not slang for a certain part of the body or if it was the name Kitty had a different origin to satisfy the network censors.  Growing up there were a couple of Kitty's in the community and if I had to guess it was a knock off of Kate or Katherine (or Catherine).  Today, young women named Katherine (or Catherine) use the nick of Cat which takes us back in that direction.  

And you were wearing an onion on your belt, right?