Redraft league to Keeper.

Cky12489

Hey all!

Looking for some help from my fellow fantasy football players. The redraft league I am hosting has voted to become a keeper league. I'm looking for suggestion for how other people may have their leagues set up. I'm in another keep year and our set up is 2 offensive players plus 1 rookie and 1 defensive player plus 1 rookie. looking for something different so its not repeating the same format.  Thank you in advanced!

4 hours ago, Cky12489 said:

Hey all!

Looking for some help from my fellow fantasy football players. The redraft league I am hosting has voted to become a keeper league. I'm looking for suggestion for how other people may have their leagues set up. I'm in another keep year and our set up is 2 offensive players plus 1 rookie and 1 defensive player plus 1 rookie. looking for something different so its not repeating the same format.  Thank you in advanced!

One of my leagues about to transition this year too. We're talking about making it you can't keep guys you drafted in Rounds 1 or 2 also we have a max of three keepers and every keeper you keep you lose the pick you drafted them in the following year with a possibility that every year you keep them thereafter the pick moves up a round or two. We're toying with the idea that you can keep a "franchise" guy up to 5 seasons and other guys only three seasons. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

One of my leagues about to transition this year too. We're talking about making it you can't keep guys you drafted in Rounds 1 or 2 also we have a max of three keepers and every keeper you keep you lose the pick you drafted them in the following year with a possibility that every year you keep them thereafter the pick moves up a round or two. We're toying with the idea that you can keep a "franchise" guy up to 5 seasons and other guys only three seasons. 

nice! thanks for the idea. Don't know if i like the 1 and 2 round picks are off the table for keeping, but it's an interesting idea.

In my keeper league, if you want to keep a player, and you drafted him in the 4th round last year for instance, you lose your third round pick this year, 2nd next year etc. If you picked a player up on waivers last year, you give a 7th this year 6th next etc. BUT a player can only remain out of the draft pool for 3 years max so if you had a guy for three years, no matter what, you lose him.

One guy is getting screwed in our upcoming draft because he traded for Leveon Bell midway thru last season, and did not realize Bell was in his third keeper year, so he must re enter the draft. This guy traded a good receiver (IDR who) who was in his first year out of the pool, so the other guy has him for two more years, potentially and only gave up a player he couldn't keep this year anyway and who was originally a lower draft pick.

Obviously, if you want to keep your 1st round pick from last year, you give up this years first. He cannot be advanced a round.

Now, auction leagues is where it's at. Of my 3 leagues, the auction is the most competitive. We reserve a meeting room at a local hotel and have helluva a party. The auction draft typically takes 5-6 hours. It can take 5-10 minutes to go around the room a few times for one player.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.