Julio Jones is not going to report to Camp.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Nope, wrong again, 'bud'. His salary does not count against the cap, as a vested veteran, until after Week 1. If they did cut him before Week 1 he would count $4.8(dead money) against the cap. I don't know how many different ways I can explain this to you but his money for 2018 IS NOT GUARANTEED. Meaning its not counting against the cap until after Week 1. He could get hurt in camp and the Falcons could cut him and owe him nothing. The $4.8m is only what is being counted against the cap in terms of dead money. This is true for the final remaining years of his contract as well. Why should he show up to camp without any money guaranteed?

You can't "just flip some money" to guaranteed and keep the same cap hits. That's not how it works, at all. If they wanted to give him more money now, that requires converting the money to a signing bonus, which has dead cap ramifications past this season. Again, if the Falcons plan on extending other players and this cuts into their cap space for extending these players then they may not want to "just flip some money" to guaranteed.

You're too caught up in Dead Cap, which doesnt mean bunk right now. His camp has, at NO TIME, mentioned they only want more guaranteed money. They literally want to raise his salary to $17M/yr. Guaranteed or not. I'm sure they'd prefer guaranteed. But this has all been about salary. Watkins and Cooks now average $16M/yr, and that's what he wants.

His cap hit this year is $12.9M, he wants it to be over $16M regardless of how it gets there. (Based on all the reports here in Atlanta)

You can't "just flip some money" to guaranteed and keep the same cap hits.

Yes you can. You just dont keep the same Dead Cap hits, which wont matter since they arent cutting him (barring injury).

They could change every remaining dollar to guaranteed and not effect their real cap. It would only matter to the Dead Cap, which only matters if they trade or cut him. But they'd still have all the same space for re-signing guys.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

You're too caught up in Dead Cap, which doesnt mean bunk right now. His camp has, at NO TIME, mentioned they only want more guaranteed money. They literally want to raise his salary to $17M/yr. Guaranteed or not. I'm sure they'd prefer guaranteed. But this has all been about salary. Watkins and Cooks now average $16M/yr, and that's what he wants.

His cap hit this year is $12.9M, he wants it to be over $16M regardless of how it gets there. (Based on all the reports here in Atlanta)

I'm not caught up on anything. I'm explaining to you how if they want to just "flip some money to guaranteed" that has dead cap ramifications. Which is why the Falcons MAY not want to do it, IF they are looking to sign other players. What don't you understand about that? Converting non-guaranteed to guaranteed money ties that money to the Falcons salary cap for future years. The Falcons currently have $0 committed to Jones and that money isn't tied to the future salary cap.

2018 guaranteed money: $0 and a cap hit of $4.8m if cut before Week 1.

2019 guaranteed money: $0 and a cap hit of $2.4m if cut before Week 1.

2020 guaranteed money: $0 and a cap hit of $0 if cut before Week 1.

His camp has also, AT NO TIME, mentioned that he wanted to be paid like Watkins or Cooks on a yearly basis, so there's that. 

His cap hit this year is $12.9m IF IF IF IF he's on the roster after Week 1. If he gets injured in camp the Falcons CAN cut him and not pay him ANY money.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Look, I like TO as a player too. But by willfully ignoring his issues he brought into the locker room, you're making your points invalid. Whether we "care" about them or not doesnt change the FACT they existed. Your opinion doesnt change reality.

Because its not about guaranteed money, it's about MORE money. You just proved my point.

And NONE of what he reportedly brought into the Locker room carried over on the field. 

22 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He signed an extension in 2015 for $71 million.  If I was Atlanta, hold him to it. 

...why not?...gotta draw the line somewhere....probably figures he has leverage with Ryan getting $100 mil guaranteed and his prime target a no show....

10 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

They'll work it out. Jones is going nowhere. This is just posturing, and timing and leverage to do so is right.

Arthur will step in at some point. Jones is worth every penny and then some to Matty Ryan

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno about half, but there's no question that just as AJ Green makes Dalton look better than he is, so Julio Jones makes Ryan look better than he is.

Allegedly the Falcons have informed Jones they have no $$ to rework his contract, but I do wonder if he'd be open to a compromise that they could afford - say, guaranteeing part or all of his salary etc.

i think this concept appeases JJ. and fairly.

Hey bills fans it’s another day closer to the season and a couple days away from TC but I’ve been seeing rumors that we are interested in Julio! 

How do you guys feel about this rumor ? 

Do you think it could actually happen? And what do you think it will take to get him ? 

Let me know what you guys think 

GO BUFFALO!! 

4 hours ago, stony said:

I'll be at a wedding in two weeks where there's a strong possibility Arthur Blank will be a guest. 

Over/under on number of drinks before I propose a trade for Julio set at 4.  

Thank you for that. I would be willing to sponsor your endeavor !

Mr Blank ? he loves the Mr Jones though. and rightly so.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Andre Holmes? Is that a deal sweetener? 

Andy plays all  the Special Teams : )

does Jones ? I think not

.Dimitroff will see it Beanes way for sure !

over the top to add Holmes, like a Maraschino cherry on top of whipped cream on top of a hot fudge sundae! 

but i would give it to them for being a good contestant on the New Price Is Right.

25 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Julio Jones would never agree to come here with our QBs and we have very little cap space this season, never gonna happen.

well there is that little detail