Gunner's Roster Thread

I don't disagree with your RB room, but it makes me sad. 

Age 30, Age 30, Age 29 (with stone hands), and age 29, is not exactly a room built to look towards the future.

Even the guys in red - Taiwan Jones (29), Marcus Murphy (27) aren't exactly a "youth movement"

I would like to have one or two young prospects who just MIGHT be a sleeper to look at. 

I guess that translates to "unexcited by 5'11" Keith Ford as That Guy.

On WR, I'm curious why you see Andre Holmes with his 13 receptions for 120 yds as a lock?

We expended a bunch of draft capital on WR this year, even if it was late rounds. 

That's kind of surprising if we don't intend to give any of them a shot.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Age 30, Age 30, Age 29 (with stone hands), and age 29, is not exactly a room built to look towards the future.

Even the guys in red - Taiwan Jones (29), Marcus Murphy (27) aren't exactly a "youth movement"

I would like to have one or two young prospects who just MIGHT be a sleeper to look at. 

On WR, I'm curious why you see Andre Holmes with his 13 receptions for 120 yds as a lock?

We expended a bunch of draft capital on WR this year, even if it was late rounds. 

I think it’s telling that the Bills tried to trade back up for Christian Kirk. That tells me that they understand how bad that group was. Outside of KB I wouldn’t say any holdover is a lock.

• Like (+1) 1

Quarterback

Josh Allen

AJ McCarron

Nathan Peterman

Running Back

LeSean McCoy

Chris Ivory

Patrick DiMarco (FB)

Travaris Cadet

Taiwan Jones

Marcus Murphy

Keith Ford

Tight End

Charles Clay

Nick O'Leary

Logan Thomas

Jason Croom

Khari Lee

Keith Towbridge

Wide Receivers

Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Kerley

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Rod Streater

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl

Kaelin Clay

Malachi Dupre

Brandon Reilly

Cam Phillips

Robert Foster

Offensive Line

Dion Dawkins

Ryan Groy

Jordan Mills

Russell Bodine

Wyatt Teller

Vlad Ducasse

John Miller

Marshall Newhouse

Conor McDermott

Adam Redmond

De'Ondre Wesley

Ike Boettger

Defensive Line

Kyle Williams

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotulelei

Trent Murphy

Jerry Hughes

Shaq Lawson

Adolphus Washington

Eddie Yarbrough

Owa Odighizuwa

Terrence Fede

Marquavius Lewis

Tenny Palepoi

Linebacker

Tremaine Edmunds

Matt Milano

Ramon Humber

Lorenzo Alexander

Julian Stanford

Deon Lacey

Tanner Vallejo

Mat Boesen

Corey Thompson

Cornerback

Tre'Davious White

Vontae Davis

Taron Johnson

Phillip Gaines

Levi Wallace

Lafayette Pitts

Breon Borders

Safety

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Rafael Bush

Siran Neal

LJ McCray

Kelcie McCray

Dean Marlowe

Special Teams

Stephen Hauschka

Colton Schmidt

Reid Ferguson

Cory Carter

Tyler Davis

Edited by WMDman
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think it’s telling that the Bills tried to trade back up for Christian Kirk. That tells me that they understand how bad that group was. Outside of KB I wouldn’t say any holdover is a lock.

If this is true I'm glad it didn't work out.  I don't think Kirk will be anything more than a decent possession receiver.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Core special teams. 

Not sure why so many think Adolphus Washington has such a chance. He was atrocious on the field last year. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Core special teams. 

Not sure why so many think Adolphus Washington has such a chance. He was atrocious on the field last year. 

yep

and yes about Holmes. but i might hope they can improve on that if does not show well at WR or has health issues

Edited by 3rdand12

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

My comments are specific to the defensive line.  Agree that Hughes should be written in black, I don't see him not making the roster.  I think Eddie Yarbrough should be written in blue as he has been a solid niche player.

Overall, this list looks solid.

Absolutely accurate. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That running back room makes me more nervous than sad.  I think in another year it could be re-stocked with some youth without too much difficulty, but I could see a stable of guys that old going down like flies with a run of bad luck.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So training camp is finally, finally just about here. I am already eagerly awaiting the first instalment of Astro's Notes.  As longer tenured members of the board will know I like to take a slightly different approach to predicting the roster than just naming the 53. I like at this point to go through what we have and brigade them into one of three categories:

Running Back

LeSean McCoy

Chris Ivory

Patrick DiMarco (FB)

Travaris Cadet

Taiwan Jones

Marcus Murphy

Keith Ford

Wide Receivers

Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Kerley

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Rod Streater

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl

Kaelin Clay

Malachi Dupre

Brandon Reilly

Cam Phillips

Robert Foster

I think Cadet and Zay Jones are in the black.  Otherwise, I agree.  Gunner, your analysis and assessment are among the best on the board.  Please keep it coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think Cadet and Zay Jones are in the black.  Otherwise, I agree.  Gunner, your analysis and assessment are among the best on the board.  Please keep it coming.

I certainly agree on Zay. He will get a chance to get it together. I’m praying it happens. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I certainly agree on Zay. He will get a chance to get it together. I’m praying it happens. 

Dude, he fights for Jesus.  How can he NOT make it?

To those who are discussing the, um...advanced age of our running back room: 

I totally agree, HOWEVER...

I 100% expect the Bills to draft a brand new starting running back in next year's draft. Unless Shady's name is cleared AND he has a great season, I think he's gone next offseason. Too much money to pay a 31 year old running back. So if the Bills can just hang on for one more season with this group...between the full slate of draft picks and the money they'll have at their disposal in FA, I anticipate a bevy of offensive reinforcements at HB, WR, and OL.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Are you suggesting we only keep 2 QB’s?

I have one as a lock and two as probably to make the roster.... so no.  I just think if either McCarron or Peterman really sucks in camp it isn't beyond the realm of possibility they are cut.  Unlikely but not impossible.  

Edited by GunnerBill

All 3 QBs are a lock this season. Peterman keeps impressing McD in practice and good attitude. McCarron has 4 years as a backup to learn the pro system. I have started to trust Beane and McD , win or lose I like this organization , will be patient.