Gunner's Roster Thread

Marcus Murphy and Ray Ray will make team IMO.  So will Croom.  Right now I am guessing KB, Kerley, Holmes, Ray Ray, Coleman at WR with Malachi and Riley to practice squad.  It will be interesting if we keep 4 TE with Logan Thomas too.  9 position slots to WR/TE seems about right

Latest update - new additions in italics.  Colour changes highlighted.  Refer to the opening post for colour coding.  Greyed out and struck through indicates no longer on the team.  

Quarterback

Josh Allen

AJ McCarron

Nathan Peterman

Running Back

LeSean McCoy

Chris Ivory

Patrick DiMarco (FB)

Travaris Cadet

Taiwan Jones

Marcus Murphy (previously in RED)

Keith Ford

Tight End

Charles Clay

Nick O'Leary (previously in BLACK)

Logan Thomas

Jason Croom (previously in RED)

Khari Lee

Keith Towbridge

Wide Receivers

Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Kerley

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Corey Coleman

Rod Streater

Ray-Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl

Kaelin Clay

Malachi Dupre

Brandon Reilly

Cam Phillips

Robert Foster

Offensive Line

Dion Dawkins

Ryan Groy

Jordan Mills

Russell Bodine

Wyatt Teller

Vlad Ducasse (previously in BLUE)

John Miller (previously in BLUE)

Marshall Newhouse (previously in BLUE)

Conor McDermott

Adam Redmond

De'Ondre Wesley

Ike Boettger

Defensive Line

Kyle Williams

Harrison Phillips

Star Lotulelei

Trent Murphy

Jerry Hughes (previously BLUE)

Shaq Lawson

Adolphus Washington

Eddie Yarbrough

Owa Odighizuwa

Terrence Fede

Marquavius Lewis

Tenny Palepoi

Mike Love

Tyrunn Walker

Linebacker

Tremaine Edmunds

Matt Milano

Ramon Humber (previously BLACK)

Lorenzo Alexander

Julian Stanford (previously BLUE)

Deon Lacey (previously RED)

Tanner Vallejo

Keenan Robinson

Mat Boesen

Corey Thompson

Cornerback

Tre'Davious White

Vontae Davis

Taron Johnson

Phillip Gaines

Levi Wallace

Lafayette Pitts

Breon Borders

Safety

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Rafael Bush

Siran Neal (previously listed at corner)

LJ McCray

Kelcie McCray

Dean Marlowe

Special Teams

Stephen Hauschka

Colton Schmidt

Reid Ferguson

Cory Carter

Tyler Davis

• Like (+1) 1

Random observations:  TE position is really up in the air. Are Mike Love or Ike Boettger anywhere close to blue? Still have Ray-Ray in the red? I think if he continues to exhibit chemistry with Allen, they will find a way to keep him.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Random observations:  TE position is really up in the air. Are Mike Love or Ike Boettger anywhere close to blue? Still have Ray-Ray in the red? I think if he continues to exhibit chemistry with Allen, they will find a way to keep him.

Ray-Ray was the closest non-Blue to being in Blue. However, hearing McDermott talk it appears they still want to see more from him in practice. McD has referenced that he "has a bit of gamer in him" and showed up best at the red and blue scrimmage and the first game, which suggests they are looking for a bit more consistency before they consider him a very likely roster guy.  He is close to the blue and gave me longest pause for thought. 

Both Love and Boettger have real shots for me at this point but both are on that bubble competing for those last 4 or 5 spots on the roster. They may even in an odd way be competing against each other. Do you carry the 9th DL or the 9th OL? These are the sorts of questions that I think the Bills will be having right up to cutdown day. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I was most surprised at the number of RBs you put as probable and you dont think theres a punting competition.  Good work as always.  Can you summarize the number of spots not taken in blue and black with the remaining reds fighting for them?  Thanks.

44 spots in either blue or black at this stage with 9 very much open to fight for. Other than QB I don't see any unit as a done deal though OL and RB are getting closer. I think because both play teams it is possible Murphy and Cadet both make the cut. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

A few people have mentioned that Davis looks horrible in camp. If this is indeed true, who is the next best option to play outside? 

Nobody. The backup corners are atrocious. Corner is a position I full expect us to be picking up cuts from other teams. Davis didn't have the greatest debut in pre season either. That spot is a legit worry. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nobody. The backup corners are atrocious. Corner is a position I full expect us to be picking up cuts from other teams. Davis didn't have the greatest debut in pre season either. That spot is a legit worry. 

It looks like Wallace is winning a spot.

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It looks like Wallace is winning a spot.

Winning would be the wrong word. He may well end up on the 53.... but that isn't because of his good play - he was poor on Thursday - it is because of lack of alternatives. If he was poor Pitts was whatever 3 grades worse than poor is. 

I think what they might do with Wallace is put him on the 53 so teams fill up their practice squads then cut him a couple of days later to add a vet cut from elsewhere and hope that way they have less competition to bring him back for the PS. 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Winning would be the wrong word. He may well end up on the 53.... but that isn't because of his good play - he was poor on Thursday - it is because of lack of alternatives. If he was poor Pitts was whatever 3 grades worse than poor is. 

I think what they might do with Wallace is put him on the 53 so teams fill up their practice squads then cut him a couple of days later to add a vet cut from elsewhere and hope that way they have less competition to bring him back for the PS. 

Yeah, he clearly outplayed Pitts.

Taron Johnson had a horrible missed tackle on a DJ Moore reception. Wallace missed too, but not nearly as badly. Pretty ugly.

Johnson look like he may have been quite a reach at 4. He was project at 6. We’ll see.

Edited by Sky Diver

On 7/23/2018 at 7:28 PM, GunnerBill said:

Core special teams. 

Not sure why so many think Adolphus Washington has such a chance. He was atrocious on the field last year. 

Don't look back---look forward. That's why Logan Thomas and Peterman are going to make the team. Please don't bang your head. You don't want to concuss yourself and place yourself on the shelf due to the head damage protocol. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Don't look back---look forward. That's why Logan Thomas and Peterman are going to make the team. Please don't bang your head. You don't want to concuss yourself and place yourself on the shelf due to the head damage protocol. :)

I have at no stage doubted Peterman will make the team. Said that all post-season. 

Logan has been overtaken by Croom and Khari Lee offers something different as a blocking TE. I still don't think he makes it and even if he does, he shouldn't. I think Washington probably does.... but again because of others deficiencies rather than because he has done anything noteworthy. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have at no stage doubted Peterman will make the team. Said that all post-season. 

Logan has been overtaken by Croom and Khari Lee offers something different as a blocking TE. I still don't think he makes it and even if he does, he shouldn't. I think Washington probably does.... but again because of others deficiencies rather than because he has done anything noteworthy. 

...interestingly, the current "surprise cut" floating out there today is O'Leary.....where is he in your plan and whose the choice, Nick or Logan?...just askin'.....

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I see Nicklaus's grand kid more in jeopardy of not making the roster than Logan. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I see Nicklaus's grand kid more in jeopardy of not making the roster than Logan. 

No way! Other than the obligatory shot of Niagara Falls and the Anchor Bar, without O’Leary there’s nothing for the national media to fill a three hour broadcast!

49 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interestingly, the current "surprise cut" floating out there today is O'Leary.....where is he in your plan and whose the choice, Nick or Logan?...just askin'.....

I would take Nick but there is a chance neither of them makes it. 

48 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have moved O'Leary from lock to essentially the bubble. I am not sure they are competing against the same guys.

I think it is one of Croom or Logan and one of Lee or O'Leary. 

Very possible neither make it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would take Nick but there is a chance neither of them makes it. 

I have moved O'Leary from lock to essentially the bubble. I am not sure they are competing against the same guys.

I think it is one of Croom or Logan and one of Lee or O'Leary. 

Very possible neither make it. 

The roster surprise for me entering training camp was I thought that Conor McDermott would solidify his position and compete for the RT spot or become the swing tackle. He may be in jeopardy. Very often it isn't what you show but what your competitors show. Security isn't the nature of the job.