Prisco: Bills to go 3-13 (start 0-8)

26 minutes ago, Dalton said:

A sample of his work from last year:

Bills:           7-9      not as bad as I thought

Browns:     5-11    winless

Jets:           0-16   Bad either way

Eagles:       8-8     Whoops 

Rams:        3-13   big miss

So predictions are inaccurate by definition, his are pretty poor overall.

That's insane, especially considering how things worked out for the Eagles and Rams.  Even the Jets weren't nearly as bad as predicted.

37 minutes ago, eball said:

@oldmanfan if you think Pete Prisco or any of these national writers are putting 1/10 the effort into their evaluations you did you are kidding yourself.  Prisco doesn't know much more about the Bills (or any team) than a casual fan.  I've learned to just ignore them.  Nearly every writer predicted a 3-4 win season last year.

I agree.  What's more puzzling are some  folks on the board who actually know what's going on with this team.

1 hour ago, teef said:

hasn't he made a prediction like this a number of times?  he's at least done it once in the last 2-3 years.  i'm not saying the bills are going to be world beaters, but this team is better than 2-4 wins.  

Pete P does this **** every season.  

Nothing new new to see here.  

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

that start is no joke.  i could very well see us 0-8 if our offense is bad.  but if they can move the ball it's more like 3-5.  

I respect your opinion, aristocrat.  However, I feel that if they can't move the ball they will be 2-6.  If they are dreadful all year, they'll finish at 5-11.

That is a lousy record, but not necessarily the bottom falling out as 3-13 implies, even though it is just two games difference.

The optimist in me would like to see them go no less than 7-9.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, beerme1 said:

F em. We get no credit for an improved D? F Pete Prisco. Actually, F em all.

This is the agenda driven medias rage towards the bills because they got rid of tt.

We will be seeing lots more of this until the season starts, bills will just have to prove

them wrong.

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I respect your opinion, aristocrat.  However, I feel that if they can't move the ball they will be 2-6.  If they are dreadful all year, they'll finish at 5-11.

That is a lousy record, but not necessarily the bottom falling out as 3-13 implies, even though it is just two games difference.

The optimist in me would like to see them go no less than 7-9.

the second half is easier so that's where we would get some wins.  take a look at the bears last year.  awful offense but had an ok run game but no passing at all. they did have a nice defense though. they went 5-11. the bears qbs went for 13 tds and 12 picks.  can we get a qb that can go for 20 tds and less than 10 picks for over 3k yards? 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not too upset by this....let them all doubt Buffalo and feed that underdog mentality for the whole team. Good. Let them sleep, and then let Buffalo devour them in their lethargy. Also, until Buffalo can prove they can do it consistently and with less "help" to contend year-in-and-year-out, the doubters have some credibility. Do I believe it? Of course not...McD proved me wrong last year when I thought they'd get about six wins or less. 

All of that said, more than likely this team will fare depending on Daboll. Daboll will either be a creative genius in maximizing the talent out of the QB position and WRs while making the Offensive line look better in reality than on paper (see the Buffalo Defense from last year) or this will be a team who gets rolled over. Because the Defense is most likely legitimately better...but any Defense will get worn down if they have to play 40 minutes or more of every game, especially early on in the heat. 

I was happy to see the Miami game in December since it seems every year the Bills play Miami in September it's a tough one...guys still getting into game shape and the heat being what it is...

So, while I could see the Bills going 10-6, if the Offense remains ugly or takes a step back, I could also see this team 5-11....let's be honest folks, this team is truly trending in the right direction and I absolutely believe in McD and what he can accomplish as well as Beane, but the Offense is just unknown with Daboll at this point. 

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

We all know what to think about predictions in July, but of slight interest is we have both of his Super Bowl teams on the schedule...on top of the Pats twice. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-predictions-prisco-picks-every-game-for-every-team-plus-super-bowl-champion/

I don't pay attention to predictions like this prior to Preseason (especially when injuries can dramatically change a team's fortunes). Most of the polls have the usual suspects in the Playoffs:  Patriots, Packers, blah, blah,blah.

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Omg. I’m offended!!!  

you...you are good!  i get what you did there!  you're really not offended, but you posted that you were to show people how much you don't care.  good show my man!  

king among men.

2 hours ago, beerme1 said:

F em. We get no credit for an improved D? F Pete Prisco. Actually, F em all.

How can anyone predict what our record will be when we don’t even know who our starting QB is of yet ,  I’m not saying will win the division , for all we know we might end up going 2-14 but I would at least wait till the 2and preseason game just to get an idea how will look on offense! 

25 minutes ago, billykay said:

Except for a few obvious games (NE over Bears etc ), he mainly just picked home teams. I just went through the first 6 weeks & he picked homers 78 out of 96. Lazy story.

Wow.  That IS lazy considering home teams win, on average, between 57-60% of the time in the NFL regular season.  He picked home teams at an 81% rate!