RIP Tony Sparano

Wow..complained of chest pains, and still no evaluations? Or cause of death? Condolences to the family! RIP coach. 

For the record, I hated to see him on Miami's sideline. He was a tough, no nonsense guy and I feared the Fish were gonna overtake the division. Too young to die.....

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The coaching profession is so stressful and long hours. I think it takes a toll on health, it’s important to manage the stress and he may have been trying but wonder if that was a factor. 

I think these coaches should be in mandatory stress and health program. Most just grind themselves into the ground. They have limited the players practices maybe they should limit the time coaches spend in the office.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think these coaches should be in mandatory stress and health program. Most just grind themselves into the ground. They have limited the players practices maybe they should limit the time coaches spend in the office.

Certainly not disagreeing with you, but as a man of roughly the same age as TS, I  hear more and more about the "widow maker" heart attack.  Results from a major blockage in the left anterior descending artery.  Low survival rate, signs that precede it but often overlooked as people assume other issues going on.  I know several guys who died as a result of their blockage, a couple who lived after surgery with the knowledge "we got it just in time". 

In this case, it sounds as if there may have been opportunities missed to save him, which, if true, makes a tragic family situation that much more tragic. 

• Like (+1) 1

RIP, lost 2 high school classmates this year due to cancer at age 53/54.  Have lost a number of them over the last few years due to cancer and heart attacks... sigh getting to that age.. where your mortality becomes more significant.  Again RIP.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That john harbaugh article a few years back was awful.

slept on the couch in his office, took meetings while on the treadmill... was working like 18-20 hours a day 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think these coaches should be in mandatory stress and health program. Most just grind themselves into the ground. 

I feel the same way about homicide detectives who make about 65k a year.

• Like (+1) 2