Eeriely quiet @ OneBills Drive

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think it all goes down to the roster philosophy of Brandon Beane/Sean McDermott.  They seem to really focus on building through the draft and finding “their guys.”  So far they haven’t really taken chances on veterans with injury histories.  McDermott is very big on availability and so don’t see them counting on a player like Bowman. 

Trent Murphy was a big veteran signing coming off of a massive injury. Vonta Davis also has a similar injury issue. I think it just more has to do with McBeane knowing the veteran market (Which has been pretty static since June) and wanting to see what he has currently on the roster before dipping into the vet pool. 

2 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

So you don't want Edmunds to be the qb of the defense but in dime packages you want him to be the qb of the defense?  Why not just let him stay in the middle instead of moving him around.  If you want to get Lorax off the field then go find a guy that plays his position that's better then him.  Don't take a promising young rookie and move him from his natural position so you can upgrade a different position.  Just upgrade the position in question.

Many evaluators said that Edmunds might be better suited for a outside LB position than inside. The main reason was his cover ability and possible edge rushing skills. The Bills are in nickel or dime packages  75% of the time. I guess I’m saying I’d rather have one of the top 5 run stoppers in the league at MLB on obvious running downs with Edmunds on the weak side , than a talented rookie at MLB and Lorax on the weak side on obvious running downs. Big big difference !!!! And we have the money ? 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

In the old days they would all be quiet so Buddy could get his naps in. But I don’t think that’s it. 

I trust these guys to make moves when it’s time. Now is just kind of that dead waiting period. Is anyone really active? 

Just McCoys attorneys  

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Mills is one of the most underrated players on the team. He's fine at RT 

you are correct with one of your declarations : 0

53 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Many evaluators said that Edmunds might be better suited for a outside LB position than inside. The main reason was his cover ability and possible edge rushing skills. The Bills are in nickel or dime packages  75% of the time. I guess I’m saying I’d rather have one of the top 5 run stoppers in the league at MLB on obvious running downs with Edmunds on the weak side , than a talented rookie at MLB and Lorax on the weak side on obvious running downs. Big big difference !!!! And we have the money ? 

never should have let Ragland go.........

Lorax should be relegated to Pass rush and conserve his body. Milano is still a work in progress whom they seem to have high hopes for.
I feel what you are suggesting. I would like to see the Bills have a thumper still on run downs. Edmunds rookie year ? if they ask him to play every down he will be more likely for injury towards the end of season from wear and tear.
Not a bad thought honestly. 7 mil for Bowman. i don't think Bills will spend it.

Ralph is still cheap

The Bills want a MLB who can play Cover 2 and who can get get out to the flats, too.  That's what they drafted him for.  They aren't going to play him on the outside unless he shows he can't play the middle.  

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

I want edmunds playing the kuechly (sp) role because we are building the panthers defense

that is not bowman

15 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I think you missed my point. Edmunds would play weak side on first downs and MLB in dime packages. You should check out what Bowman did last year in Oakland. Your way off on your statement there. Edmunds would be on the field all 3 downs. Milano , Bowman, and Edmunds on running downs, and then in dime packages Milano , Edmonds and a extra DB. To me this would strengthen a solid group and let Edmunds develop with less pressure. This would take Lorax out of the starting lineup and let him be a situational pass rusher and SP ace.

Bowman is now slow , old and  finished.   good career.  enjoy retirement , Navarro; move on.  

18 hours ago, Dalton said:

Bowman has lost too many steps and would be a backup if he made the team.  Edmunds was not drafted to sit.

Let's invest time in the new, young players - not over the hill retreads.

i agree and think between reilly, dupri and foster we could end up with a couple of big time contributors.

16 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Mills is a good run blocker but a really bad pass blocker. In a passing league and with an inexperienced QB (No matter who starts) I think pass blocking at that position is at a premium. I think Mills is the epitome of a player you want coming off the bench a bubble starter type. I think him and Newhouse are both backup caliber players while having one of those guys on the roster is nice depth one of them will end up starting.

it's no secret to opposing defenses that putting a speed pass rusher on the right side is a sure thing.

16 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think it all goes down to the roster philosophy of Brandon Beane/Sean McDermott.  They seem to really focus on building through the draft and finding “their guys.”  So far they haven’t really taken chances on veterans with injury histories.  McDermott is very big on availability and so don’t see them counting on a player like Bowman. 

Right-o.  Like Kelvin Benjamin. 

I think many who are clamoring for us to add interior OL or WR help are off the mark. Some of us may not love what we have at those positions, but I think McBeane really does. They have upside and "their guys" in their minds. We could add a piece or two in a few weeks after other teams cut down, but I don't see anything earth shattering here. 

20 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Mills is a good run blocker but a really bad pass blocker. In a passing league and with an inexperienced QB (No matter who starts) I think pass blocking at that position is at a premium. I think Mills is the epitome of a player you want coming off the bench a bubble starter type. I think him and Newhouse are both backup caliber players while having one of those guys on the roster is nice depth one of them will end up starting.

I really do hope he was joking about Mills. Hes a turnstile on pass protection. Ask Joey Bosa

19 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I'd rather let the rookie work it out this year TBH.  This is kinda year 2 of the transition, with 2019 being our goal year from a competitive standpoint.  We get out of all the dead money, carry over the remaining cap, and will have money to extend players moving forward and sign free agents, or use late draft capital to acquire overpaid players who still have something left in the tank.  

We're going to need quite a bit moving forward - pass rush help is always appreciated, improving the o-line, a running back, a couple of WRs... Would help having that cap space moving forward.  We can hit on some of those in the draft - but you aren't going to be able to improve all those positions in a single draft.

Edited by dneveu

No to Bo....this is going to be a trying year for the Bills AND their fans......tough sched and O is learning a whole new play book AND getting a new QB.  Bills will be drafting in top 10 for sure.  No worries from this fan - I have faith in the process.  I just hope they slowly let Allen take over the QB slot.....that O-line needs to gel a bit before unleashing the kid to the hounds.....my $0.02