"Product of USA"? US Ranchers have a "Beef" with that

I had been a long time member of the AGA until their membership fees cost too damn much and their ROI was not that strong.  I am considering going back due to their abilities to campaign and lobby in the last year.  I am currently a member of a few labels; Animal Welfare Approved, Animal Welfare Approved Grassfed label, USDA certified, NC Dept of Ag Century Farm, etc...

However, this whole issue with COOL was bull **** by the previous administration to open up trade and allow even more deficits in our country.  We import a lot of beef. (source)

image.thumb.png.6dce598cd633986fae7207eb3e1e1425.png

Part of the problem the last administration began was the push for soy and ethanol fuels.  That was a big influence in the problem; American farmers could not feed their cattle enough to yield results.  Combine this with the popularity of poultry and Americans are eating more meat than ever - but less beef. (source)

As beef production began to fall and in order to globalize our economy built upon political agendas we began outsourcing production of food at an all time rate destroying the American family farm.  (source, source).  Briefly touching on politics, this was the agenda of the last President whom thought it was alright to devalue, destabilize and disrupt our economy allowing the United States to lose more ground than ever before in the global trade balances that had allowed us to have much more power than other countries.

So, when COOL was rolled back it was just one small piece of the greater puzzle that that undermined and worked to destroy the American farmer.  I loathe Obama for this and many things, specifically the largest land grab in American history when the federal government seized more land than ever before from us, the private citizens, in the Waters act.

While i support free trade agreements and open markets in a capitalistic society I also have great disdain for the average consumer who spends no time or effort in to their purchase or thoughts and participates in hive mind and group think controlled by mass media and propaganda to believe Bubba Burgers and McDonalds actually have beef from the US.  Now, if you run and get me that Snopes article I will slap you in the face, because snopes is not accurate on this.

The bigger issues are produce and non beef items that are brought in to this country.  The chemicals sprayed on our food products overseas are dangerous and I won't have time to get in to it today.  Laundry is done and i gotta work on fences

Anyway, I lost track of my thoughts when I got interrupted.   I can come back and B word more if I need to...