Godzilla: King of the Monsters Comic Con Trailer

Mark Vader

On 7/22/2018 at 1:32 AM, LeGOATski said:

Love it.

Please don't disappoint. Just take a small page out of the Pacific Rim book from the chapter about monster fights. Then we should be good.

Absolutely!

Can't wait to see Godzilla & Kong duke it out in 2020.

Hope we get more than 8 frigging minutes of Godzilla in this film and his atomic breath is devastating and not just there like in the 2014 version.

We need to have the atomic breath Godzilla had in GMK.

Godzilla vs King Ghidora should be the main event, with Godzilla having the edge, of course.

Rodan vs Mothra should be the undercard, with Rodan having the edge due to his supersonic speed and tough exterior. Mothra has these weird powers, but aren't all that effective.

21 hours ago, njbuff said:

Hope we get more than 8 frigging minutes of Godzilla in this film and his atomic breath is devastating and not just there like in the 2014 version.

We need to have the atomic breath Godzilla had in GMK.

Godzilla vs King Ghidora should be the main event, with Godzilla having the edge, of course.

Rodan vs Mothra should be the undercard, with Rodan having the edge due to his supersonic speed and tough exterior. Mothra has these weird powers, but aren't all that effective.

I could see King Ghidora winning and maybe the "long live the King" line is an indication of that.

But Godzilla already has offspring that will get "revenge" in a sense.

King Kong fights one of these offspring in the third film and they possibly set up another film or offshoot series with King Ghidora.

2 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

Its basically USA vs Japan. 

Not these days.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I could see King Ghidora winning and maybe the "long live the King" line is an indication of that.

But Godzilla already has offspring that will get "revenge" in a sense.

King Kong fights one of these offspring in the third film and they possibly set up another film or offshoot series with King Ghidora.

Not these days.

Godzilla has no peer. Ghidora can give him a good battle, but in the end Godzilla is simply too strong for ANY monster.

Also remember, a God is more powerful than a King.

Looks like it will be better than the first.

the plot seems interesting..  life on earth is going to end, so we’ll try to wake up monsters in order to save it. Idk maybe I heard it wrong.

I did also think Shin-Godzilla was awesome. I thought that was much better than the Godzilla film in 2014. I’m a sucker for real effects as compared to CGI 

On 7/24/2018 at 11:46 AM, LeGOATski said:

How the hell do they make a Godzilla vs King Kong movie?

It's no match, so if they had an even fight, it would ruin the movie's credibility.

I'm guessing Kong fights an offspring of Godzilla.

The same way Toho made one in 1962.

We saw how tough Kong was in "Kong:Skull Island". It would be a great fight.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The same way Toho made one in 1962.

We saw how tough Kong was in "Kong:Skull Island". It would be a great fight.

It's not a question of how tough he is. He's just super small compared to Godzilla.

350 ft tall vs 100 ft tall

https://youtu.be/mWoc_sjNza0

maxresdefault.jpg

He's equal to one of Godzilla's legs

The guy in the video points out that Kong is still growing. Even so, he needs to have doubled in size over the 50ish years since they last saw him just to be 2/3 the size of Godzilla.

How old is Kong?

Can he even double his size in 50 years.

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

So will this Godzilla movie have more than 15 minutes of Godzilla in it this time?  

That trailer makes it look like Roland Emmerich movie.  That is not a compliment.  

You're excited for Independence Day 3.

Don't deny it.

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You're excited for Independence Day 3.

Don't deny it.

The aliens show up again, bigger and badder, and attack the sun.  Jeff Goldblum discovers they're allergic to cats, lets one loose in their space ship, and saves the solar system when they all die of anaphylaxis because they forgot to invent Benadryl.  What's not to look forward to?

(Actually, what I described would probably be a better movie than whatever they end up doing.)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/24/2018 at 11:58 AM, njbuff said:

Godzilla has no peer. Ghidora can give him a good battle, but in the end Godzilla is simply too strong for ANY monster.

Also remember, a God is more powerful than a King.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:04 PM, LeGOATski said:

It's not just Ghidora, though. They can win by teaming up against Godzilla, or at least disable him, so he "retires," which clears the path for the offspring. Rodan dies and maybe King Ghidora flees to fight another day.

I think if Warner Bros. is able to continue this series beyond the 2020 Kong Vs. Godzilla movie, then the penultimate foe for Godzilla would be MechaGodzilla.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I think if Warner Bros. is able to continue this series beyond the 2020 Kong Vs. Godzilla movie, then the penultimate foe for Godzilla would be MechaGodzilla.

Good call.

A MechaGodzilla on the big screen would be sweet.