Why we will beat Baltimore on opening Day

On 7/21/2018 at 11:47 PM, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Bills whipped the Pats in the 03 opener. We all know how that season ended up for both teams.

Last season KC beat NE in the opener.

Point is, opening day is always a crapshoot. I won't be surprised by anything that happens. I also won't draw any conclusions to any results from week 1. 

First two weeks especially are incredibly difficult to read where a team is. As long as you are 1-1 everyone generally feels OK 0-2 is the death sign though.

On 7/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, BakersBills said:

The ravens have 0 offensive threats, their lineup is even worse then the bills offensively.

barring a qb meltdown by us, we should win fairly easliy. 

1. That's a pretty big caveat.

2. There are going to be a lot of games where 14 points is going to look like a lot.

3. They still might win because Baltimore is awful but it will be one of those hideous 9-6 type things.

On 7/22/2018 at 12:27 AM, BakersBills said:

last i saw line was -5 ravens, ill bet bills all day with that, probably would be my best bet

Take the under and run away laughing.

On 7/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, Mr. WEO said:

All of them at once, no?

There's a thread for that, Eh ?

6 minutes ago, mead107 said:

A start to 19-0 Baby 

Thank you for some one to ground us !  
and damn straight till proven otherwise.

i NEVER think we will lose a game. any game.

till those fat ladies start that horrible melody of  " good ship lollipop ". then and only then will i admit defeat

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/21/2018 at 7:21 PM, NewEraBills said:

It is?  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Finishing 11 out of 32 is not suspect.  I have no idea why people think the game vs the Ravens is a shoe in.

Because that’s the only game we all agreed ( until now ) that we could win ! 

You want to take that away from us you basterd ?? 

If ( God ? forbid ) we DONT get a WIN here  I just might go invade Latvia or something for couple of months , cause looking at the schedule and yah week is a must win for us ?

If Buffalo can execute well on offense, the lack of opportunity Baltimore faces is a serious obstacle to overcome.  At the same time, Buffalo has three relatively inexperienced QBs and Baltimore will design some creative blitz packages to try and confuse them.  The success or failure of the Bills in that game is likely to depend on how Buffalo's revamped offensive line and starting QB handle Baltimore's pressure.  It's pretty much as simple as that.

If this game was in Buffalo I would favor the Bills, but being in Baltimore I do think they have the advantage. That said if the Bills win it looks something like this:

17-13 type game.

Buffalo has to get two touchdowns and the defense needs to force a turnover to help out will limiting the Ravens from getting inside the 40 so Tucker can't hit like you said because the dude is a Cyborg haha. The rest of the game needs to be ball control/field position type game. The last time we played Baltimore the killer play was the deep pass Flacco to Mike Wallace and they have a similar guy now with John Brown. If the Bills defense doesn't allow any big plays Buffalo should win IMO.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:16 PM, That's No Moon said:

1. That's a pretty big caveat.

2. There are going to be a lot of games where 14 points is going to look like a lot.

3. They still might win because Baltimore is awful but it will be one of those hideous 9-6 type things.

Take the under and run away laughing.

Not really, protecting the ball and allowing no turnover for scores. weve seen plenty of qbs that could do that.

4 minutes ago, BakersBills said:

Not really, protecting the ball and allowing no turnover for scores. weve seen plenty of qbs that could do that.

Actually, we haven't.  We've seen Tyrod that did that hence the recency bias but we have had plenty of QBs who threw INTs and fumbled the ball a lot.  We've also had tons of QBs who 3 and out the offense deep in our own territory repeatedly which puts the defense in a hole all game long. 

FWIW, if that's your goal for the offense coming into the year then it leads directly into #2 and #3 of what I said.  We're going to struggle to score points, especially early in the season.  

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Actually, we haven't.  We've seen Tyrod that did that hence the recency bias but we have had plenty of QBs who threw INTs and fumbled the ball a lot.  We've also had tons of QBs who 3 and out the offense deep in our own territory repeatedly which puts the defense in a hole all game long. 

FWIW, if that's your goal for the offense coming into the year then it leads directly into #2 and #3 of what I said.  We're going to struggle to score points, especially early in the season.  

i dont care, that wasnt what the question was.

will they beat baltimore, they should on paper. imo.

I'll gladly bet them with +6 points even with all the flukey opening weekends.