Why we will beat Baltimore on opening Day

9 hours ago, BakersBills said:

The ravens have 0 offensive threats, their lineup is even worse then the bills offensively.

barring a qb meltdown by us, we should win fairly easliy. 

So your line is the Bills giving 10 points or more to the Ravens?

• Like (+1) 1

Bills whipped the Pats in the 03 opener. We all know how that season ended up for both teams.

Last season KC beat NE in the opener.

Point is, opening day is always a crapshoot. I won't be surprised by anything that happens. I also won't draw any conclusions to any results from week 1. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its interesting in my opinion the Ravens D is nothing like it has been in recent years....a huge part of their winning problem because they have banked on it......

Not exactly striking fear in my heart....and their offense is horrid

You just hated on Terrell Suggs, your opinion is void.

The game is a toss up and they'll both probably finish 7-9. Any Bills fan chalking this up as a win is a complete moron, it's a toss up.

We don't even know our starting qb, how could anyone definitively say we'll beat any team. This season could go great and be a surprise, or it could go worse than any of you homers imagined and be terrible.

I don't think they will, but they could go 2-14 with some bad bounces and close losses. They could also go 10-6 with some luck.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

So your line is the Bills giving 10 points or more to the Ravens?

That post is absolutely ridicolous. The homers on this board make part of me want it to go down in flames to see how'd they react.

Now I guess I can relate to the EJ haters. I always wanted him to do good, but some wanted him to fail. And they were right in their opinion, this is how I'm starting to feel.

God damn it now I'm a stupid EJ hater.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Haha (+1) 1

Many on here suggest the Ravens' Offense to be mediocre at best.  I would counter that argument with "Mediocre" for the Bills offense would be a huge upgrade over what is to be the expectation this  year with question marks on the OL, WRs and of course QB.  Ravens defense is very physical, something past Bills teams always seem to have problems with.  The game is an away game for the Bills with an new OC and a new game plan.  Remember, Bills made the playoffs because Ravens gave up a miracle TD, so Ravens not that bad and certainly play in a tougher division than the AFC East.  This game might very well be a significant Tie Breaker in determining play off teams at end of season.  (San Diego very well could also).  Best the Bills can hope for is the kind of game we saw a lot of last year.  Bills will need to win the Turnover battle, something not so easy now that TT is gone. Even FG kicking is a tossup at best.  It's a brutal opening 5 game stretch and this game might be there best chance of a victory.  If they can go 2 - 3 during that time, I will like our chances as the season progresses.  (I thought the same thing last year).  I just hope that when we finally get to play the Dolphins and Jets that these games will be meaningful.  GO BILLS.

Edited by richardb1952

16 hours ago, BakersBills said:

The ravens have 0 offensive threats, their lineup is even worse then the bills offensively.

barring a qb meltdown by us, we should win fairly easliy. 

A "qb meltdown" implies that the Bills will get competent QB play from at least 1 of their QBs in the preseason.   Can I interest you in the purchase of a slightly used but recently rehabbed bridge over Chautauqua Lake? 

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think they will, but they could go 2-14 with some bad bounces and close losses. They could also go 10-6 with some luck.

That's quite the swing.  I don't ever remember a 2-14 team watching a WC game saying, "That should be us out on that field."

Edited by Doc Brown

Thanks to the OP for the first mention I’ve seen so far this year of the phrase “vanilla offense” — always one of my favorite parts of preseason as folks claim nothing we see is real. 

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

Our O-line was unwatchable in the wildcard game vs. the Jags... Our  primary and secondary RB's are both over 30....We haven't figured out who the primary threat at WR will be, and we still refuse to upgrade our TE situation....  This team sets Quarterbacks up to fail at every level... I'll be happy if we score 1TD vs. Baltimore.

While I agree with the OL being a huge question our trio of McCoy, Benjamin, and Clay is decent if healthy.  Depth is an issue at all positions.  

The biggest question mark is QB.  With Taylor gone the whole offense is an unknown.  

Because of of all of these issues it may take several weeks of real games to get the offense going.  My expectations for the first 5 weeks are not high.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's quite the swing.  I don't ever remember a 2-14 team watching a WC game saying, "That should be us out on that field."

My point was this team has so many unknowns. Between both lines and at QB. If it all works out and they hit on guys at a remarkable rate, they could be good. If they do average, probably 6-7 wins. If Allen and McCarron are awful and the o line is, then you could be looking at a 2 win team. They have the potential to be atrocious this year.

On 7/22/2018 at 10:46 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

My point was this team has so many unknowns. Between both lines and at QB. If it all works out and they hit on guys at a remarkable rate, they could be good. If they do average, probably 6-7 wins. If Allen and McCarron are awful and the o line is, then you could be looking at a 2 win team. They have the potential to be atrocious this year.

Only if something extraordinary happens, like multiple season-ending injuries to key players.  I'll keep going back to what I've said previously -- the offense was bad last season.  While everyone else thinks the Bills will be lucky to score 3 pts per game, I think the offense will actually improve regardless of who is playing QB.  Don't underestimate the impact of the change at OC.  If the defense improves as it should the Bills are a minimum 6-win team, with the potential to win 9-10.

• Like (+1) 1