Why we will beat Baltimore on opening Day

Its only 57 days away at this point.

We have a new O coordinator, mostly new Oline, some new WR's and we don't really have any idea who our starting qb will be. As concerning as that is, there's still a major advantage in week 1 as Balt tries to prepare for us.  There's no film to study.

In short, it will be virtually impossible for Baltimore to do anything else except try to scout our vanilla preseason offense, and hope to make some in game adjustments to keep up with what Daboll is doing.  

The Ravens Oline still has question marks at RT and center, and I expect Flacco and the team to be the same as last year.  They have the rook TE Hurst, but Lamar Jackson and the rest of their picks are non-factors when we play them week 1.   Collins looked pretty good running last year, fumbled some, but Dixon is back finally and he's going to compete for some carries there too.  Its a serious tandem but if we can handle Fournette we can stop anybody.  The knock on Morningwig is he hasn't established a real groove running the Ravens offense and I think that carries into this year.  

They do have dangerous special teams led by the Cyborg himself, GOAT kicker Justin Tucker.  The dude will make a 70 yard fg this year mark my words.

Overall I see the Bills defense playing the same game we did in Jax last year, going on the road and kicking ass.   The early spread has us as 3 point dogs, but the Bills win it 16-9 on solid defense, some surprise plays on offense, protecting the ball and grinding out a tough road win.

• Like (+1) 3

I like how you knock the Ravens for having unknowns on their o-line but consider the same problem an advantage for us. 

I’m anxious to see how our offense looks during the pre-season even if it is mostly vanilla.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Our O-line was unwatchable in the wildcard game vs. the Jags... Our  primary and secondary RB's are both over 30....We haven't figured out who the primary threat at WR will be, and we still refuse to upgrade our TE situation....  This team sets Quarterbacks up to fail at every level... I'll be happy if we score 1TD vs. Baltimore.

Edited by #34fan

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not even 'Little Sisters of the Poor High School'?!

No, but we have a chance against Father Mulcahey’s School for the Blind. They had a lot of graduates after last season. Zey Jones’ ala mater!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

The Ravens run game is suspect. I'm beginning to think Anquon Boldin made Joe Flacco. Since Boldin left Flacco's game has gone flat  flaccid

It is?  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Finishing 11 out of 32 is not suspect.  They did that without their best lineman in Yanda so no it's not suspect.  It's actually pretty damn good.  While I think Flacco is below average,  it didn't seem like Torrey Smith, Steve Smith and Pitta before being forced into retirement struggled at all.  They all played at Pro Bowl levels.  I have no idea why people think the game vs the Ravens is a shoe in.

If trends remain true, namely at the beginning of the season defenses are far ahead of offenses, I think it actually could be the most brutal game we play offensively.

Plus, they are playing at home.  At best I think we go punch for punch and lose in a 10-6 ball game.  At worse, I think we get shut out 13-0.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Our O-line was unwatchable in the wildcard game vs. the Jags... Our  primary and secondary RB's are both over 30....We haven't figured out who the primary threat at WR will be, and we still refuse to upgrade our TE situation....  This team sets Quarterbacks up to fail at every level... I'll be happy if we score 1TD vs. Baltimore.

Baltimore d is not in the same reality as the jabs which is dominant

we win that game with defense

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

Is Shady playing?

I don't see why not....his ex-girlfriend stating that she still "believes" shady had something to do with it is not proof of anything...until someone gets charged and points a finger at shady it's business as usual

8 hours ago, BakersBills said:

The ravens have 0 offensive threats, their lineup is even worse then the bills offensively.

barring a qb meltdown by us, we should win fairly easliy. 

The Ravens defense is very legit and although their offense isn't anything to write home about I think it is slightly better than what the Bills are throwing out there. It could seriously be a very ugly 10-7 type game. 

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Ravens defense is very legit and although their offense isn't anything to write home about I think it is slightly better than what the Bills are throwing out there. It could seriously be a very ugly 10-7 type game. 

Its interesting in my opinion the Ravens D is nothing like it has been in recent years....a huge part of their winning problem because they have banked on it......

14 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Why we WON'T beat Baltimore on opening day:

- Joe Flacco So good they drafted his replacement high
- Terrell Suggs old
- Hayden Hurst who?
- Mark Andrews hardly a difference maker

- Michael Crabtree old
- John Brown a complimentary player
- Carl Davis who?
- Brandon Williams A good player
- CJ Mosley A good player

Not exactly striking fear in my heart....and their offense is horrid

31 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Why we WON'T beat Baltimore on opening day:

- Joe Flacco
- Terrell Suggs
- Hayden Hurst
- Mark Andrews

- Michael Crabtree
- John Brown
- Carl Davis
- Brandon Williams
- CJ Mosley

I would add John Harbaugh

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Let's see what we look like after TC. We have enormous question marks at quarterback, receiver, left guard, center and possibly we could be without Shady. I wouldn't make us a favorite against  anybody at this point.

Op stated we'd win, not be the favorite.