2018 season expectations

McBean

Double digit wins and playoffs again.

These are my expectations, regardless of who the QB is. 

McDermott has the culture largely established and although our offensive concerns have been the talk of the offseason, I still think it's improved with really the biggest question mark being the interior OL, but I'm confident whoever steps in for Wood and Incognito will be about a lateral move.

Defense has improved a great deal just with the acquisition of Star and Edmunds.

I obviously don't have a crystal ball, but I highly doubt we go any worse than 8-8 this year.

37 minutes ago, BillsClinton said:

I expect our defense to be good.

I expect our offense to be bad.

This.

Thing is, that's just how it was last year. I expect our defense to be significantly better and our offense to be about the same or a bit worse in terms of production. So...anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6 depending on how often Lady Luck is wearing a Bills jersey throughout the year.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll be shocked if we don’t win at least 6-7 games, but my primary hope is that Allen (and to a lesser degree Edmunds) show promise and progress. THIS is not the year, but I hope we see them going in the right direction for long term success. 

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like I’m the only person pumped for Wyatt Teller. I believe he was an absolute steal and will develop into a stud, hopefully gelling with Dawkins and Co. for a good while.

I’m really hoping similar to last year that we will have a couple 3rd+ round gems.

Very excited to see if Kyle Williams can mold Harrison Phillips into a KW Jr. and whether or not Adolphus Washington will be fueled by the new additions as far as turning his corner. It would be great to have the DL revitalized from within as opposed to being a main area to address next year. Same goes for Shaq.

Really hoping that Lorenzo Alexander has one more good year in him because if he slows down and Milano doesn’t return to form there’s only so much Edmunds can do.

I believe the defense will be better this year almost strictly because of Edumunds, hopefully enough to where we can only focus on filling the offense with playmakers around JA in 2019.

Josh Allen takes the reigns after a 1-3 start, Bills make it again as a wildcard 9-7

GO BILLS!

I think we all are experiencing a huge exhale for finally breaking the Playoff drought and are somewhat content to just watch and see how ‘Year 2 McBeane’ unfolds after a Draft which drew rave reviews League-wide, while undergoing a purge of starting players after Jacksonville. 

This said, Football Fever is in the Air! 

Too early for any qualitative predictions but I’ll say between 5-11/8-8.

• Like (+1) 1

My expectations:

1-Continue and improve upon discipline on offense and defense.

2-Even tougher secondary than last year. A full year to fully define the plays that fit them and get rid of the plays that dont.

3-Improvement from our linebacking corps. This shouldn’t be hard to do; the threshold is about ankle high.

4-Fine tuning of in game decisions by the coaching staff. Sean was fantastic for his first year imo, however, his work ethic and determination is in the stratosphere so I fully expect him to learn from his mistakes.

I have no clue what I expect out of the offense other than discipline; let me make it through preseason.

why we will win 8 games or more:

- "tough schedule" - this is said EVERY YEAR about us/other teams. And every year I say the same thing, we have nooooo clue if we have a hard schedule or not yet. Teams that were good last year might not be this year and vice versa. Saying schedules are tough or not is BS, thats why you play the games.

- defense - defense was dominant at times last year and we have done nothing but add to it with play makers, or at least upgrades at several positions. Star, Trent, Davis, Edmunds...yes please. Another year older and wiser and better versed in the defensive system that has proven for over a decade to be successful against NFL offenses...yes please. There is no reason to think this defense will take another step forward this year. They got us into the playoffs last year (with an assist from Dalton), they can keep us around 8 wins this season. 

- Head Coach Sean McDermott  (and staff) - he took a worse team to the playoffs last year by coaching the hell out of them up and down the roster. 

- Daboll - pure hope here. But can it get worse than we have seen for two years from our OC's (and also Tyrod)? I am looking forward to seeing a different, fun and innovative offense this year and beyond. It will be refreshing and give us an opportunity to win games on offense instead of just not losing. All pure conjecture here, but as I said, it can't get any more vanilla/boring/worse than what we have seen recently. 

At least 8 wins, could still miss the playoffs, but I am confident in at least 8.