why aren't the rookies reporting early?

Commish

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

IMO the offset language issue is stupid.  It is player's agents telling player "if you get cut (not perform so much to be overpaid) then you can go to another team to underperform and get paid on speculation while hurting team which you were overpaid from!

...and I'd bet they're waiting to see what guaranteed money Mayfield gets which is the other variable...........

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He came early because he figured it would take him 7-10 days to find a pen so he can sign his contract.

I thought he showed up early so he could stand in the doorway and slap everyone's butt as they enter the facility

• Like (+1) 2

Here's an article I found explaining what offset language is, if you're like me and had no idea what that meant. 

In short, offset language means if a player is cut during his rookie contract, and his new team signs him equal to or greater than what his salary would have been, the team that drafted him doesn't have to pay him anything. Without it, the team that drafted him is required to still pay him that money he was owed while he plays for another team, allowing for double dipping. So teams like it, players don't, hence the disagreement. 

11 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

McDermott lost the locker room after the San Diego game last year, so they have no respect for the coaching staff and do what they wanna do.

I hear all of our draft picks are studying the playbook with Brady @ the TB12 facility in Foxborough. 

Very trollish. Lost them so bad they made the playoffs

....well #2 has now signed...........

Giants signed No. 2 overall pick Saquon Barkley to a four-year, $31.2 million contract, including a $20.76 million signing bonus.

The deal is fully guaranteed, includes a fifth-year club option, and pays Barkley $15 million at time of signing. Barkley is the highest running back drafted since Reggie Bush and Ronnie Brown went No. 2 in back-to-back years in 2006 and 2005, respectively. Barkley's rookie-year workload projection is one of the highest in the NFL. He warrants first-round selection in re-draft leagues.
Jul 22 - 3:11 PM

On 7/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, Limeaid said:

IMO the offset language issue is stupid.  It is player's agents telling player "if you get cut (not perform so much to be overpaid) then you can go to another team to underperform and get paid on speculation while hurting team which you were overpaid from!

Yeah, I don't have a ton of sympathy for guys complaining about not being able to potentially double-dip if they end up on another team.   Offset should be standard in rookie deals.